MLB 2019 Changes

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but an Utz advertisement is being imposed onto the batter’s eye in St. Louis when the ball is hit into the outfield. If you aren’t watching the game, I assure you it looks as bad as it sounds. 

The only uniform the Oakland A's have worn in my lifetime that I didn't like was the black jersey.  While I prefer the forest green to the kelly green, I love it when they bring out the Swingin' A's pullovers be they white, gold or kelly green.  I usually don't like teams changing shades of a color during the season, but I give the A's a pass because their throwbacks look so good and they don't seem to over do it.  It seems special when they sport the Kelly greens.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

A's should be Athletics on white, Oakland on grey, A's on kelly green, A's on gold. Only one hat, white A's on kelly crown with gold bill. White elephant on all the sleeves except grey, which should have the primary. Thank you. 

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Just now, the admiral said:

A's should be Athletics on white, Oakland on grey, A's on kelly green, A's on gold. Only one hat, white A's on kelly crown with gold bill. White elephant on all the sleeves except grey, which should have the primary. Thank you. 

Well, first off, the white elephant (after undergoing significant cleanup), should be the primary and on every uniform. Stick something in the ball part to represent Oakland. That roundel, with the "A's" logo that no longer appears anywhere else in their identity, should go away. Second, move the "Athletics" script to the dugout jackets only (like the Yankees do). 

The "Athletics" script is the mark of a Yankee farm team, a squad whose only title came in the middle of an earthquake ravaging their metro area, and a team sliding into being an occasional contender that simply can't win in the playoffs. Arnold Johnson's "innovation" needs to be demoted, just as he needs to be properly vilified in the sport's history.

On 10/6/2019 at 1:44 PM, CaliforniaGlowin said:

I don't know if anyone pointed this out: 7 out of 8 playoff teams have a blue in their color set, most of them navy.  🙄

I did notice that. The navy/red combo is especially overused. Look how similar these 5 teams look...

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

Rays with Yellow all over their social media, gave out yellow towels. I am surprised. Their navy/light blue is a little boring, but its a pretty good look when they go heavy on the light blue. They kind of own that color. Would have liked to see them use that instead.

spacer.png

51 minutes ago, njdevs7 said:

Rays with Yellow all over their social media, gave out yellow towels. I am surprised. Their navy/light blue is a little boring, but its a pretty good look when they go heavy on the light blue. They kind of own that color. Would have liked to see them use that instead.

spacer.png

I'd love light blue and yellow.  I like a couple of college teams with that combo.

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

The other nice thing about the Rays embracing light blue and yellow is that it brightens up the dingy looking Trop (even on TV) a TON. I don't know who's bright idea it was to outfit a stadium playing indoors with horrible lighting in the darkest colors possible, but I think it would go a long way to brighten the team colors up a bit. 

Anubis.png

Tampa Bay Rays Wearing VJN Patch on Uniform

October 9, 2019 - 02:10 AM

Why are the Tampa Bay Rays wearing a “VJN” patch on their jersey during the 2019 Major League Baseball Postseason? The patch was first added to their uniform sleeve on August 30th and has been worn for every game played […]

Read More...

It was great to see the Cardinals' blue hats again, but it was weird since they're now a clash against red-capped teams and the Nats donned their blue. Did St. Louis not realize the Nats were sticking with blue? I wonder if the Cards switch to red today.

Archived