MLB 2019 Changes

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

Astros and Dodgers both wearing alternate uniforms tonight. What's the point of "primary" uniforms if you don't wear them in your biggest games? This will be the fourth World Series in a row in which the winner will wear an alternate uniform. It's just silly. 

The Astros wore their primary home uniform in three World Series games and lost all three. 

The Dodgers wore their primary jerseys and lost the series to the Nationals...who are playing the Astros. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

34 minutes ago, Pharos04 said:

2019 is ending the way it started

I'm not too upset about it, at least they sorta contrast. Too bad they didn't go retro and wear astros tequila sunrise and powder blue expos roads

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

26 minutes ago, Delicate Genius said:

Joe Buck mentioned the Astros wore the orange tops two years ago when they won the World Series. I had to double check, I thought they were in the grays for that Game 7.

At least we're not watching royal vs navy again.

That they wore orange in 2017 is why I wasn't surprised when I saw those tonight. Figured they would turn to the proverbial "good luck charm".

spacer.png

What a shame the nats won, wearing the same blue jersey for almost the entire post season,  how boring as well.

Houston wore white at home, gray on the road, and then tried the orange for the last game for good luck like in 17........ to no avail.

mlb shop/fanatics are gonna be stuck with a lot of expensive aut. jerseys, you got altuve and bregman home jerseys with WS patches, no one will want those, and then you got a white shezcer jersey with WS patch.... he never wore it.

SMH  FU NATS  😞

5 hours ago, skip88 said:

What a shame the nats won, wearing the same blue jersey for almost the entire post season,  how boring as well

Counterpoint - it’s great that the Nats won the Series, and that they were wearing their wordmark jersey in all games.  

That wordmark is beautiful, and deserves to be on the home jersey as well. 

Before this thread closes, may we give a toast to all the wonderful Majestic jerseys we've seen, worn, shared, etc. throughout their time?

(except for the last three years of jerseys...sorry Majestic, I love you, but we didn't need that weird bottom tail on authentics from the store)

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Counterpoint - it’s great that the Nats won the Series, and that they were wearing their wordmark jersey in all games.  

That wordmark is beautiful, and deserves to be on the home jersey as well. 

Speaking of the Nats this year, maybe wearing those Expos road throwbacks (albeit at home) and honoring Vlad was the catharsis the franchise needed to break free of their stigma? They made peace with their pre-relocation past, allowing them to push forward to their future!

The Rays making attempts to move to Montréal (along with Bronfman attending Rays games with Sternberg) might have also helped.

3 hours ago, TheBigFiz21 said:

Before this thread closes, may we give a toast to all the wonderful Majestic jerseys we've seen, worn, shared, etc. throughout their time?

(except for the last three years of jerseys...sorry Majestic, I love you, but we didn't need that weird bottom tail on authentics from the store)

Majestic did have a weird moment in the end with the diaper mesh and whatever the hell that was with the D-Backs but they've been so good for the most part.

They are probably my favorite uniform manufacture. All 30 teams have had a nice clean look in MLB during most of Majestic's run. Never overdid it with the silly gimmicks. CoolBase and FlexBase never ruined a teams look. Nike, Reebok and Adidas had their gimmicks always mess up a teams signature look in some fashion. Never Majestic. 

XM4KeeA.png

4 hours ago, TheBigFiz21 said:

This can't be echoed enough. I look at the NFL and NBA and I'm worried for the future of MLB uniforms under Nike. I hope baseball's strong traditional streak leads to most of them keeping Nike in check, but that's far from a given.

1 hour ago, shstpt1 said:

I wonder if the success the Nats has this year with the script means a change in the home whites to the Spring Training Jersey as primary, with current home moved to an alternate? 

That would be a huge improvement.  The Walgreens W doesn’t look good alone on a jersey. 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, shstpt1 said:

I wonder if the success the Nats has this year with the script means a change in the home whites to the Spring Training Jersey as primary, with current home moved to an alternate? 

I can see the white script ST jersey starting off as an alternate. Maybe replacing the white stars and stripes Curly W alt. Funny that this is the first year for those and they share their ST facility with the Astros. Wasn't the Astros' navy sunrise jersey originally just a ST jersey too?

On 10/31/2019 at 11:52 AM, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Yeah how about em

It was nothing against the team or its fans, but I was hoping to not see any more of them (the celebrations), especially the race cars, but oh well.  That and the shark thing were cringe-worthy.  Also, I'm always for superstitions being disproved, so when there's talk of "lucky jerseys", I'm likely to root against that team.

All that being said, they certainly deserved to win, so congratulations to them and their fans.  

Archived