MLB 2019 Changes

18 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

Looked up a clip from this game.....literally not even  2 seconds in.

B5gdWLe.png

Thanks for pointing that out. Let's just say I was watching from the corner of my eye for less than 2 innings.

I actually like the 1985 era cap with block C and a white outline 

PTBNL_BUTLER.jpg

I tend to hate their current battling helmet (all Navy with red C). It doesn't seem to really stand out or pop. The hat itself has contrast. 

Crooked C, block C with white outline, or cursive I would be my ideal choices; all sitting within a Navy/red coloring. Two tone or bust IMHO. 

Their new two tone block C is acceptable as a bit of a interlude until their real identity can be established. Is a block I out of the question? Hasn't been done. 

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/24/2019 at 2:07 AM, daveindc said:

Men's New Era Navy/Red Cleveland Indians 2019 All Star Game Authentic Collection On Field 59FIFTY Fitted Hat

I really, really like this hat, and I'm glad they didn't outline the "C" (until we get to the road alternate jersey).

The Indians' biggest problem is that their best ever cap logo is the wishbone "C", which at this point, they can't go back to because of the Reds.

I like the block "C" just fine (though they should probably develop a primary logo), but the best option for something that's actually memorable may be co-opting the Cleveland Buckeyes' hat logo:

s-l225.jpg

6fQjS3M.png

21 minutes ago, Bmac said:

Not that I'm advocating for a switch to this particular front-paneled hat, but the red really brings a nice splash of color to the Twins otherwise muddy uniforms.

D0QmSr9WwAEgYnF?format=jpg&name=large

I actually like, a lot. 

On 2/19/2019 at 9:12 PM, jp1409 said:

My tought exactly but using gold on their uniforms while their primary logo features silver/grey instead feels incredibly mismatched...

That seems to be a part of the team's approach to its brand nowadays.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

1 hour ago, Bmac said:

Not that I'm advocating for a switch to this particular front-paneled hat, but the red really brings a nice splash of color to the Twins otherwise muddy uniforms.

D0QmSr9WwAEgYnF?format=jpg&name=large

It looks better with the Full Top red, while the brim is Navy. Used 1974-1986/2009. A Gold Outlined one is used with the Red Alternate.

2024_minnesota_twins-cap-1976.png

3923_minnesota_twins-cap-2017.png

da0Lbhs.png

On 2/24/2019 at 2:07 AM, daveindc said:

I really love Cleveland's C logo. Distinct, historically significant, and an all-around sharp look. It comes at a perfect time to celebrate their first World Series championship 100 years ago, and to carry on a winning tradition moving forward.

Baseball Collectibles:Uniforms, Circa 1920 Cleveland Indians Game Worn Cap....

Couldn't agree more.  It's a great logo, and perfect for them.

43 minutes ago, MidnightSun said:

23MOcBy_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Haven't seen it mentioned but the Phillies are back to their original jersey font instead of the bold font they used the last couple years.

The actual font looks the same, its just the white outline that looks thinner to me

I understand the controversy around Chief Wahoo and a replacement was justified, but applauding a "block serif C" as its replacement is laughable. 

I look at it like this, going from an actual logo to a literal letter in Times New Roman font. Lazy Pittsburgh-Penguins-logo.png

0050-500x500.png?1275328228

On 2/23/2019 at 11:23 PM, MattMill said:

Odd to see no wahoo but I love the Indians wordmark with that cursive I. I'm wondering, can the stadiums ban his appearance on the fans caps and shirts, and even say, the fans who used to paint their faces? I didnt see one fan with wahoo from the broadcast. 

They can/should ban the face painting, but good luck with general merchandise. Keeping a guy out for wearing a Kill All [Insert Slur] shirt is easy; not allowing shirts with the logo you yourselves successfully marketed for 50some years proves more challenging.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

57 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Just an observation but the Rays have already worn each of their 3 ST caps in games through the first four games of spring. Curious if the Tigers and other teams with multiple caps will eventually wear all of theirs. 

They also wore Baby Blue against the Marlins Blue jerseys

PbQZU08.jpg

10 minutes ago, AndrewG70 said:

Highly unpopular opinion: I would love to see the Yankees adopt their Spring Training jerseys, minus the patches, as alternate jerseys.

As much as I hate the Yankees leave them alone, they're perfectly fine. I still can't get over the fact that the Sox won the World Series in their softball tops, I tip my hat to the Yankees for resisting this trend...

Archived