MLB 2019 Changes

Did Detroit change to using the one English D on the uniforms to match the primary logo? Im still waiting on the Reds to drop black. The only black I find acceptable is for their Mr Redlegs character.

Signature intentionally left blank

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, BellaSpurs said:

Shoot me but that logo is fantastic and the best the twins have had. I’d hate to see it go

My tought exactly but using gold on their uniforms while their primary logo features silver/grey instead feels incredibly mismatched...

8 hours ago, Marlins93 said:

When is the last time the away team wore their home whites for an official MLB game?

It might be in 2004, when the Yankees and Devil Rays opened the season in Japan. The games were Devil Rays home games, but the Yankees wore their home uniforms and the Devil Rays wore their road uniforms.

However, it is possible that, since then, a suspended game might have been resumed at the park of the team that had been on the road when the game began.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

8 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

It might be in 2004, when the Yankees and Devil Rays opened the season in Japan. The games were Devil Rays home games, but the Yankees wore their home uniforms and the Devil Rays wore their road uniforms.

However, it is possible that, since then, a suspended game might have been resumed at the park of the team that had been on the road when the game began.

I think the Astros wore grey against the Rangers while they were "home" in St Pete in 2017 during the hurricane.

Edit : They did

usa_today_10249131.0.jpg

3 minutes ago, jp1409 said:

You're right! The mothership AL section still has the diamond one though. Kinda weird...

Screenshot-2019-02-19-22-03-03.png

Maybe the script without the diamond was never officially designated as the primary logo? It's also interesting that it doesn't appear to have been designated as an alternate logo at any point. 

The Rays have been using it on their website since last year and MLB uses it in graphics. (I know this is a mishmash of primaries and cap logos, but still interesting that they are using it instead of the diamond logo or cap logo.)

pwsaqgfs13xjpuwdxypr

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

2 minutes ago, Survival79 said:

Maybe the script without the diamond was never officially designated as the primary logo? It's also interesting that it doesn't appear to have been designated as an alternate logo at any point. 

The Rays have been using it on their website since last year and MLB uses it in graphics. (I know this is a mishmash of primaries and cap logos, but still interesting that they are using it instead of the diamond logo or cap logo.)

pwsaqgfs13xjpuwdxypr

I do remember something about the switch last year on the mothership... For what it's worth, Google still uses the diamond, MLB Shop also and the mothership really seems to have switched back. This is really weird...

23 hours ago, skip88 said:

Wouldn't it have been better for the Sox to wear their red jerseys? I mean, they are the Red Sox, playing in Europe. They also use that jersey in Boston, right?  They are bland yes, but would you not want to show the audience a bit of color, also since the Yankees obviously can't do that. 

Maybe even the blue one, considering that they won the World Series in it.

10 hours ago, Dilbert said:

Did Detroit change to using the one English D on the uniforms to match the primary logo? Im still waiting on the Reds to drop black. The only black I find acceptable is for their Mr Redlegs character.

Yes, the Tigers will continue to use the "D" that matches the cap (from the uniform change they instituted last year).

7 hours ago, jp1409 said:

I'm not a fan of the Twins using gold but this certainly makes more sense.

If they're going to use gold maybe they should own it. Or use the beige or blue from the 2014 MLB All-Star Game logo?

If they are changing and it's minor like the Royals they'll probably just remove the gray.

Q1xBVDe.png

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

20 hours ago, bowld said:

My guess for the third team is the Rays, As or Twins 

I may be wrong,  I had thought the Rays already shifted primary from the Rays diamond logo last season, but I cant seem to find the article where that was said.

Edit: nevermind @Survival79 took care of it earlier .

Archived