MLB 2019 Changes

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Marlins93 said:

I prefer the broader white outlining.

Me too, especially with the red alt since Phillies is the same color the thick white outline helped it still being seen. Now it will blend in more. (Honestly why can't the phillies just make the wordmark white? They have always seemed to INSIST that the phillies wordmark has to be red)

12 hours ago, Anubis2051 said:

Pretty sweet deal for the Yanks... the Red Sox are forfeiting two home games, but the Yankees are wearing home uniforms both times.

1 hour ago, Ray Lankford said:

If you're trying to break into a new market, you should bring your best. Are Brits really going to come out to see the Royals and Twins?

Actually, having said this, it's then interesting that MLB keeps sending the Padres to Mexico. Goes to show which market they care more about.

Are Brits really going to come out to see the Royals and Twins?

Well, they'll see "Royals" and be all "Jolly good show, old chap!" and "Pip-pip, cheerio, and all that sort of rot!"

If you're trying to break into a new market, you should bring your best.

Exactly right.  Whereas basketball has become a mainstream sport in Britain, and American football is now well known, baseball remains a curiosity.

Basketball and gridiron football have plenty of British fans who can be counted on to turn out for every game held over there. But baseball needs to present its absolute top match-up in order to have any chance at making an impression on the British public's consciousness. 

35 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Fair point, but I'd still do like Cubs-Dodgers.  Red Sox-Yankees should be nowhere but Yankee Stadium or Fenway.  

This exposure is good for both teams, and for baseball overall. It's worth losing a couple of home games for (even if we might have expected that it would be one home game for each team). 

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

How is this bringing your best product when the sightlines will be absolute trash

This from 2014. 

https://www.mlb.com/video/sydney-cricket-ground-makeover/c-31565453

I realize it's about exposure and getting your brand out there. But don't kid yourself. This is not for the 'fans'. Atleast those in attendance. 

I realize soccer/football scale is easier to configure than a cricket field. But how is this fun for anyone?

693f03dfc0d33cac0d098f6545024262?width=1

Archived