MLB 2019 Changes

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is the patch only on caps for opening day?

Seems like a big accomplishment. 

Maybe do something like we've seen on the back of caps. Incorporate the already existing batterman with some side art

2009-Inaugural-World-Series-New-Era-Fitt

Or why not Incorporate some gold. This was on all jerseys and caps for AL squads in 2001

s-l225.jpg

Some read charter member 

s-l300.jpg

Others a bit blank

85066_american_league_100_seasons_1901-2

Now that I look at it, it's all a bit of a joke. 18 years pass and we have a 50 year jump in patches? 

Super uninspired. But maybe these older patches are a bit too crazy?

There needs to be some middle ground. I would've embroidered 150 in gold next to on top of the existing batterman, and had the batterman in gold.  Some of the ring ceremony caps have gold accents. I tend to like the subtlety. Here, MLB and 150 in red and blue feels totally generic. Are they expecting us to drop an extra $3-$10 for a rinky dinky mlb150 logo? 

Just sort of rambling here. 

9 minutes ago, MattMill said:

Why is the patch only on caps for opening day?

Seems like a big accomplishment. 

Maybe do something like we've seen on the back of caps. Incorporate the already existing batterman with some side art

2009-Inaugural-World-Series-New-Era-Fitt

Or why not Incorporate some gold. This was on all jerseys and caps for AL squads in 2001

s-l225.jpg

Some read charter member 

s-l300.jpg

Others a bit blank

Now that I look at it, it's all a bit of a joke. 18 years pass and we have a 50 year jump in patches? 

Super uninspired. But maybe these older patches are a bit too crazy?

There needs to be some middle ground. I would've embroidered 150 in gold next to on top of the existing batterman, and had the batterman in gold.  Some of the ring ceremony caps have gold accents. I tend to like the subtlety. Here, MLB and 150 in red and blue feels totally generic. Are they expecting us to drop an extra $3-$10 for a rinky dinky mlb150 logo? 

Just sort of rambling here. 

I always thought the 125th pin on the back of the hat in 1994 was cool, though with the tacks driving into the hat, maybe not most comfortable.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2003, we saw this 100th anniversary ws patch 

57-83.jpg

And this for their team 

f2b6e96e9e977914265921d52efd6909.jpg

Not a fan of leagues and organizations using different timelines. I know the NFL Packers have the same issues. 

I know the 125th happened 25 years ago, so they've been consistent with how old 'their league'. But even back then, it didn't quite make sense to me. 

But yeah. This is all we need. phils.JPG

Im sure there's a better way to add it to the back of a hat in this common era. 

MLB, you can do better. 

1 hour ago, MattMill said:

This was on all jerseys and caps for AL squads in 2001

s-l225.jpg

Some read charter member 

s-l300.jpg

Others a bit blank

Its not that hard to comprehend - there is a difference between celebrating 150 years of professional baseball, celebrating 100 years of the American League, or celebrating 100 years of the World Series.  Each is worthy of commemoration, and each is an entirely different milestone.  Would you stop celebrating your birthday once you get married and start celebrating your anniversary?

And although it’s not quite the same thing, why exactly shouldn’t the Packers celebrate their 100th, just because it happens to come before the NFL’s?

17 hours ago, NicDB said:

Alleged Padres prototypes on Twitter today.

Kinda doubting the legitimacy of these, but I wouldn't be upset if this were accurate.  I don't care for solid tops with pinstriped pants, but these are such as upgrade that I'd gladly overlook it.

Of these, I think I prefer the bottom left.

These aren't "alleged Padres prototypes", they are just one person's concepts based on the descriptions of the new uniforms we've gotten so far. Although he clearly left out the description "a lot of white".

On 5/9/2018 at 12:34 AM, Cosmic said:

Interesting that it's two teams that are top 10 in attendance. You'd have thought MLB could find someone who wouldn't mind losing a home game or two.

Losing the ability to watch live a rivalry division game when both teams are on the upswing is pretty devastating for home fans. Will season tickets reflect this change? 

Have any NFL London games featured division matchups? 

4 minutes ago, MattMill said:

Losing the ability to watch live a rivalry division game when both teams are on the upswing is pretty devastating for home fans. Will season tickets reflect this change? 

Have any NFL London games featured division matchups? 

Given the season ticket rolls for Boston, I highly doubt this has any negative impact. 

Was just gonna post about the rays when I saw the spring unis and did some research then came here to see it was posted. Never knew why they weren’t there in the first place. As for the Padres, please have a gray road uniform...and tell your division mates in Arizona to do the same. Thanks

KISSwall09.jpg

On 2/10/2019 at 10:50 PM, jayjackson3 said:

This is what I have done so far for the 2019 season. There are a couple of minor changes I need to make but this year I have had the ability to stay on top of the new uniforms. 

MW99Qvo.jpg

Looks solid but Jesus that Marlins black jersey really will be brutal

9 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

I wouldn't say my favorite but it's a cool look and I'm surprised it hasn't been done more...

Off the top of my head... late 80's Padres, 2000's Rockies, 80s/90s Twins only right? Anyone else?

Winged Angels. Yessssss Lord!

oc6hkc-b88779782z.120160819153555000g6qi

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

35 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

Could there be a new/old Phillies road hat?

I hope the creams aren't gone. Though I have said in the past I would like new road uniforms that are like the creams but with gray. Also hat hat is different from the 2008-2018 one in that it has a much thinner white outline.

Archived