MLB 2019 Changes

6 minutes ago, Marlins93 said:

How close to the action will the fans be sitting in London? It might be brutal for fans even in the front row to watch an unfamiliar sport with players on both opposing teams wearing white uniforms with no last names on the back.

I think the vast majority of people at the game will be baseball fans. Based on the prices for the series, they better be.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The pinstripes are good enough to contrast against the Red Sox' whites.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

If there’s any sport where it doesn’t matter what color opposing players wear, it’s baseball. They’re rarely in close proximity, and those who are have either a helmet or a glove. They’re also not trying to tackle someone on another team or pass to someone on their team who is not at a designated location. 

2 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

If there’s any sport where it doesn’t matter what color opposing players wear, it’s baseball. They’re rarely in close proximity, and those who are have either a helmet or a glove. They’re also not trying to tackle someone on another team or pass to someone on their team who is not at a designated location. 

This sort of resignation is how the slippery slope begins. Eh if any sport can do it it’s baseball. Just because they can doesn’t mean they should! This is a travesty and nothing less. Have we no shame! 

What would Babe Ruth or Mickey Mantle say about playing a game in London. And then catering our uniform standards that have been around for 150 years because England has to see the pinstripes! God forbid they saw New York across their chest.

Does everything in life have to be compromised for the almighty dollar?? If England wanted to give a crap about baseball, they’d have given a crap about baseball. Nuts to all of this. 

90758391980.gif

3 hours ago, bosrs1 said:

Yes, lets go showcase our sport to a foreign country and have both teams wear uniforms that don't have the players names on them... that'll work. (to be fair that'd be a problem even if the Yankees wore their proper away unis for the game). 

The lack of names is a good thing, as the sport will be showing one of its greatest traditions.

The lineups will be posted on the scoreboard; and every hitter will be identified as he comes to the plate. No one in the stadium will have any trouble figuring out who is who.

2 hours ago, zigbazah said:

I doubt the country that invented cricket will be rattled over two teams wearing white.

This is an excellent point! I would not be surprised if this was part of the reasoning for taking this decision.

White-versus-white could look glorious, especially considering the fact that both games will start in sunlight (6pm and 3pm starts), and that the second game will be played entirely during the day.

17 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

What would Babe Ruth or Mickey Mantle say about playing a game in London.

Considering that both of these players played in Japan, the Babe with barnstorming teams in the 1930s, and Mantle with the Yankees in the 1950s, I have no doubt that both would be very proud to be part of presenting the game to a wider audience in yet another country.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 6:22 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

2.  Orioles should be primarily orange with black trim, and the Giants should be primarily black with orange trim.  Any Orioles jersey with a black script gets a downvote from me.

Yeah like I said, I think that jersey is wrong for the Orioles considering that's the Giants' thing. But I still think it's the best look the Orioles have had. Using that piping on the current homes and replacing the crappy Maryland patch with the bird would go a long way to improving the current set.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Wow, the prices for jerseys are insane this year,  now i don't even care about Nike taking over. 

They want $370 for the new blue St.Louis jersey. and the spring training jersey are also a joke. 332 for the new Nats and Astros spring training jersey. ,  

30 or 40 more than last year. Call me a cheap bastard, but i think over 250 or 300 is too much. 🤑

3 hours ago, skip88 said:

Love how the new blue St Louis jersey is listed at at $266, then when you select a size the price jumps to $370..... and $444 for size 56 😅 

https://www.mlbshop.com/st-louis-cardinals/mens-st-louis-cardinals-majestic-light-blue-alternate-authentic-collection-flex-base-custom-jersey/t-36908821+p-7059562357762+z-9-3640338944

But yet, when you go through the main fanatics website, the price stays 315

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

54 minutes ago, DiePerske said:

But yet, when you go through the main fanatics website, the price stays 315

I still see the price change ?

https://www.fanatics.com/mlb/st-louis-cardinals/st-louis-cardinals-majestic-alternate-authentic-collection-flex-base-custom-jersey-light-blue/o-4521+t-03342232+p-14489078619+z-9-3546332468

Player jerseys are all $370. Except Goldschmidt, he is $327... wth? 😅🤑

https://www.fanatics.com/mlb/st-louis-cardinals/jerseys/o-2365+t-81892276+d-42449067+z-9-780476716?pageSize=72&sortOption=HighestPrice

PS:

I know it says "Almost gone" but come on, that is highway robbery, i don't think many will buy these, $270 is way more fair, and also high enough imo

Not to turn this into a jersey price thread, but look at the Cleveland Indians jerseys, they are the only 2019 jerseys that are already on sale! You guys have any explanation? 

4 hours ago, dont care said:

Because the Yankees feel they are too good to wear their greys for an away game.

You don’t know that. They may have been requested to wear them. It’s their signature look after all. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Wouldn't it have been better for the Sox to wear their red jerseys? I mean, they are the Red Sox, playing in Europe. They also use that jersey in Boston, right?  They are bland yes, but would you not want to show the audience a bit of color, also since the Yankees obviously can't do that. 

Kansas City Royals Make Changes to Primary Logo for 2019

February 19, 2019 - 17:58 PM

The Kansas City Royals have removed the “Royals” from their primary logo for 2019, they’ve also eliminated black from their colour scheme entirely. It’s one of three super subtle logo changes throughout the American League this off-season, the Baltimore Orioles […]

Read More...

Archived