MLB 2019 Changes

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Camden Crazy said:

I actually wouldn’t hate if they went back to the “sloppier” Orioles script, like this:

DHoe17IWAAAz0qh.jpg

While I like the new script a lot better, that script is too good to let rot in a dustbin. 

Get rid of either the black or the orange jerseys, and use this as a throwback. Or use this script on a black jersey.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

22 minutes ago, dont care said:

I count only 3, 4 if there is one on the pants which I don’t remember if there is or not, where is the 5th?

The 150 logo might be on both hat and jersey, so thats two.  Plus standard MLB logo on back of hat, jersey collar, and pants beltloop.

17 hours ago, DiePerske said:

While I like the new script a lot better, that script is too good to let rot in a dustbin. 

Get rid of either the black or the orange jerseys, and use this as a throwback. Or use this script on a black jersey.

I think the O's should just take advantage of their throwbacks and use them more often. Since 2010, I can recall only several occasions where they did just that.

There's a game in 2013 where they busted out these against the Rays' 70's fauxbacks:

Image result for o's rays throwbacks

They put on these two following year:

Image result for orioles cubs 2014Related image

We saw 60's throwbacks in 2016:

Related image

And then there was also that one uni from 2017 in that one pic a few posts above. Me personally, I'd like to see more of those 70's throwbacks from the days of Earl Weaver. The O's are getting out of some ancient ways as far as ownership goes, so maybe more throwback nights are coming soon while the rebuilding ensues. Also, it would be nice to see them do it on the road at least one game every year. That O's-Rays game from 2013 was a perfect example.

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

On 2/13/2019 at 7:41 AM, MattMill said:

How is this bringing your best product when the sightlines will be absolute trash

This from 2014. 

https://www.mlb.com/video/sydney-cricket-ground-makeover/c-31565453

I realize it's about exposure and getting your brand out there. But don't kid yourself. This is not for the 'fans'. Atleast those in attendance. 

I realize soccer/football scale is easier to configure than a cricket field. But how is this fun for anyone?

693f03dfc0d33cac0d098f6545024262?width=1

Is that Oakland? (Just kidding)

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

20 hours ago, Camden Crazy said:

I actually wouldn’t hate if they went back to the “sloppier” Orioles script, like this:

DHoe17IWAAAz0qh.jpg

I grew up with this wordmark; I even wrote my Os like that when learning cursive in 3rd grade, despite my teacher correcting me all the time.  I love it, but I still think the one they have now is the one they should be using.  I also like the one Davis is wearing in the post by @TheBigFiz21 and have wondered what an updated version of that would look like, but I keep coming back to the current one.

Though, I do agree that I'd like to see more throwbacks.  Not one as a full-time alt, but just more one-offs.

6 hours ago, TheBigFiz21 said:

I think the O's should just take advantage of their throwbacks and use them more often. Since 2010, I can recall only several occasions where they did just that.

There's a game in 2013 where they busted out these against the Rays' 70's fauxbacks:

Related image

And then there was also that one uni from 2017 in that one pic a few posts above. Me personally, I'd like to see more of those 70's throwbacks from the days of Earl Weaver. The O's are getting out of some ancient ways as far as ownership goes, so maybe more throwback nights are coming soon while the rebuilding ensues. Also, it would be nice to see them do it on the road at least one game every year. That O's-Rays game from 2013 was a perfect example.

Another throwback here, Chris Davis looking like he hit something. 

It's Me

15 hours ago, TheBigFiz21 said:

Image result for orioles cubs 2014

Quick (probably unpopular) opinion: That's a great uniform. And that was probably an aesthetically pleasing game, with the Cubs in their '94 Cuba jerseys.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

15 hours ago, TheBigFiz21 said:

Related image

I love this script - the rough version on the mothership doesn’t do it justice.  I would love to see it used as the basis for their next uniform.

And man, the Orioles just might have the best primary home uniform timeline in the majors.  Not a stinker in the bunch, but a lot of variations on a theme.  If I was picking a team based solely on their uniform history it’d be hard to pass them up. 

16 hours ago, TheBigFiz21 said:

Related image

Seems like they, for the most part, only pull them out in “celebration” years.

2014 - 60th anniversary 

2016 - 50th anniversary of ‘66 WS

2017 - 25th anniversary of OPACY opening

sig_gai.png

warriorbannerssmall.png

4 hours ago, Gothamite said:

I love this script - the rough version on the mothership doesn’t do it justice.  I would love to see it used as the basis for their next uniform.

And man, the Orioles just might have the best primary home uniform timeline in the majors.  Not a stinker in the bunch, but a lot of variations on a theme.  If I was picking a team based solely on their uniform history it’d be hard to pass them up. 

I agree with this assessment. Heck, even their block wordmark looked good:

49625_1963_orioles.jpg

Road uniforms, however, have been occasional duds:

36xdzheypz6hitwz1gf16r8fh.jpg

Needless double outlines are needless.

I’ve always been partial to the 1989-94 cursive script, as it effectively modernizes the dynasty-era design. A cleaned up version of the 1950s-1972 “Baltimore” script would pair well with it.

Archived