MLB 2019 Changes

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Marlins93 said:

That's a pretty awful rendering. It doesn't have nearly the same legibility as the current MLB logo. It's very blob-like.

I mean, the dude has such a big head. I don't think there's a way around it.

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Do we have a good schedule of TBTC days?

Reds are doing 15 games of throwbacks, Phillies are wearing powder blues for road Thursdays, Marlins have another teal weekend, and the Angels have a throwback weekend in August. 

Any other rumors?

Has this actually been confirmed? It was mentioned on one blog many months ago, but I've never seen it mentioned it again elsewhere. Nothing on the team's website or promotional schedule says anything about it.

I wish I knew for sure because I'd buy my tickets for the whole series immediately.

2 hours ago, Marlins93 said:

Has this actually been confirmed? It was mentioned on one blog many months ago, but I've never seen it mentioned it again elsewhere. Nothing on the team's website or promotional schedule says anything about it.

I wish I knew for sure because I'd buy my tickets for the whole series immediately.

https://www.fishstripes.com/2018/9/19/17879918/marlins-news-teal-throwback-uniforms-merchandise-returning-2019-diamondbacks-series

July 26-29 vs the Diamondbacks 

45 minutes ago, KGeeX5 said:

This is the link where I first saw it reported, but I thought it was refuted and the Marlins haven't ever acknowledged it being planned. I'd go to all 4 games if it's real.

10 hours ago, DNAsports said:

If a change to the league’s logo was to actually happen soon, I’d imagine they’d want to use a retired player’s likeness.

If a change was happening at all, they’d take great pains to affirm that it wasn’t based on any specific player (or photograph). 

Seeing the Tigers on TV reminds me that they made a mistake in "unifying" both the cap and the crest logo. Maybe I have to wait a while in order to get use to it, but it doesn't look right currently. I was originally "for" the enlarged cap logo, but it is hardly noticeable enough for me to even care about it anymore.

13 minutes ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

Seeing the Tigers on TV reminds me that they made a mistake in "unifying" both the cap and the crest logo. Maybe I have to wait a while in order to get use to it, but it doesn't look right currently. I was originally "for" the enlarged cap logo, but it is hardly noticeable enough for me to even care about it anymore.

They shrunk down the D cap logo. It's somewhere inbetween the jumbo sized and old tiny sized now.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

1 hour ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I still think this was the D they should’ve unified:

spacer.png

And though it’s not the same one, the flat top makes it looks close enough to one that has some historical precedence on the cap:

spacer.png

I always thought this one looks miles better for some reason, especially on the uniforms

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

On 4/16/2019 at 12:57 PM, WSU151 said:

Reds are doing 15 games of throwbacks, Phillies are wearing powder blues for road Thursdays, Marlins have another teal weekend, and the Angels have a throwback weekend in August. 

Any other rumors?

Word in the street:

Mariners going to be Seattle Pilots vs Orioles (and O's wearing throwbacks for 1969)

Mariners wearing "1987" vs Astros who'll be wearing "1989" throwbacks

Pirates wearing gold crown pillbox caps vs Phillies 

Astros will be wearing a hat for 50th anni of Apollo 11

14 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

I can’t believe they aren’t commemorating it with a patch. 

Consider the time and effort thrown into the season long celebration of the 1986 team with throwbacks every Sunday, I can’t believe half that effort isn’t thrown to the 1969 team that won their FIRST championship. 

XM4KeeA.png

They're going to celebrate it in a series against the Braves in June. I imagine maybe that weekend will have a special patch.

How much different with a throwback uniform be? I think the main difference on the uniform is no names on the back and the older style NY on the cap.

Doesn't seem like something you can really sell to the regular person, just nerds like us lol

On 4/16/2019 at 3:57 PM, WSU151 said:

Any other rumors?

Phillies are wearing powder blue on HOME Thursdays. Kinda dumb if you ask me. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 4/16/2019 at 9:04 PM, KGeeX5 said:

On 4/16/2019 at 9:52 PM, Marlins93 said:

This is the link where I first saw it reported, but I thought it was refuted and the Marlins haven't ever acknowledged it being planned. I'd go to all 4 games if it's real.

Unofficial and most likely not true as it would have been said by the team by now. I mean there's still a chance it gets announced but it's looking a lot less likely.

Archived