Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

11 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

Only in his thread. Everywhere else, the "get along gang"/"mafia" made fun of him. Among a lot of us, he's Yandere Dev levels of unpopular. His design style is not unlike Yandere Dev's coding.

c_1479054_Kh4Q2.jpg

The Rams will have rebranded twice over before this game gets released.

the user formerly known as cdclt

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

There was definitely a split; there were those that defended it and those that knew it was kitschy crap. 😜

Like I said, the Yandere Dev comparison is apt. Those who were in the know knew it was feces, while plenty of people gave their support to Sparky Chewbarky. All of those over-designed looks are the sports logo equivalent of "else if" statements. 

I'm just happy he used the phrase "get along gang" instead of "gremlins" and doesn't have a history like this:

Spoiler

ky34rO5.pngDeitDptU0AAQ5ly.jpg

5 minutes ago, QCS said:

The Rams will have rebranded twice over before Osana gets released.

Fixed.

"I, EvaX, humbly submit, a toast, to Kevin Demoff, for successfully managing to redesign the Rams, so that he may redesign them once the time comes. Congratulations, Kev. Enjoy your style.

*sip* *lip smack* ah."

hqdefault.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Many sports executives share the same business practices and disregard for outside help as Yandere Dev.

2 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

Like I said, the Yandere Dev comparison is apt. Those who were in the know knew it was feces, while plenty of people gave their support to Sparky Chewbarky. All of those over-designed looks are the sports logo equivalent of "else if" statements. 

I'm just happy he used the phrase "get along gang" instead of "gremlins" and doesn't have a history like this:

Spoiler

Hide contents

ky34rO5.pngDeitDptU0AAQ5ly.jpg

Fixed.

"I, EvaX, humbly submit, a toast, to Kevin Demoff, for successfully managing to redesign the Rams, so that he may redesign them once the time comes. Congratulations, Kev. Enjoy your style.

*sip* *lip smack* ah."

hqdefault.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Many sports executives share the same business practices and disregard for outside help as Yandere Dev.

The more I see the closer it is. That example you posted is bad but my favorite one from Yandere Sim is the one where the game checks every different possible eye color for the characters every single time it loads them. He (like Demoff) clearly can't do the thing he's tried to do for years now and refuse outside help. Sparky's work, while at least sometimes visually pleasing, was ok at best and none of them were the look I would've wanted a Seattle NHL team to use but he acted like his designs (specifically Kraken, the worst one) were the second coming of sports logo Christ.

Just now, colortv said:

We may have a Rams uniform related announcement tomorrow but don’t quote me on that.

Uh oh, I just did

On 5/2/2020 at 3:49 PM, colortv said:

Am I missing something or do opposing fans not pay money?

Yes, you are missing something. You're missing the issue of brand image.

Every Chargers home game is a guaranteed bad-news generator. This was true at the Galaxy's park, and the situation will be much worse in the new stadium.

The league won't long tolerate having ESPN and every television station and every newspaper and blog ridicule it each time the Chargers appear in a half-empty stadium of visiting fans. The NFL is extremely image-conscious, as it moves to expand its global footprint and to seek out international partners. It simply cannot have these efforts undermined by a running high-profile embarrassment taking place in one of its home country's largest cities.

The Chargers situation is going to get resolved; and this resolution is probably going to happen a lot sooner than people think.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

NM

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 minute ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Yes, you are missing something. You're missing the issue of brand image.

Every Chargers home game is a guaranteed bad-news generator. This was true at the Galaxy's park, and the situation will be much worse in the new stadium.

The league won't long tolerate having ESPN and every television station and every newspaper and blog ridicule it each time the Chargers appear in a half-empty stadium of visiting fans. The NFL is extremely image-conscious, as it moves to expand its global footprint and to seek out international partners. It simply cannot have these efforts undermined by a running high-profile embarrassment taking place in one of its home country's largest cities.

The Chargers situation is going to get resolved; and this resolution is probably going to happen a lot sooner than people think.

The Dolphins, Bucs, Rams, Cardinals, and probably other teams play in front of road-friendly crowds every week, and the league hasn't done anything.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 minutes ago, QCS said:

The more I see the closer it is. That example you posted is bad but my favorite one from Yandere Sim is the one where the game checks every different possible eye color for the characters every single time it loads them. He (like Demoff) clearly can't do the thing he's tried to do for years now and refuse outside help.

Fair point. I've been in the YandereDev rabbit hole for so long (like, so long), that his crazy moments kind of blend together. Once you mention "else if" statements, his edgelord past, and turning away TinyBuild/volunteers, you tend to forget about the eye color thing and other inefficient coding decisions. It's not unlike adding gradient colors, doing the segmented horn, and trying to be all "balance the past and future."

The inefficiency and getting super far up your rectum applies to Demoff/the Rams and YandereDev perfectly. Heck, one could argue that the Rams' history has been filled with Yandere Dev-tier incompetence. The 1999 title was their TinyBuild moment.

For those unfamiliar and looking for time to kill;

2 minutes ago, QCS said:

Sparky's work, while at least sometimes visually pleasing, was ok at best and none of them were the look I would've wanted a Seattle NHL team to use but he acted like his designs (specifically Kraken, the worst one) were the second coming of sports logo Christ.

Yup. Were you there for the Aces and the (now sadly taken down) images of the big-breasted lady with the Aces belt buckle? "Embrace the Ace!" His ego was particularly hilarious to see deflated by the boards.

I fully expect the Rams to go with something more traditional for the next redesign, but hopefully they'll keep the royal and yellow-gold.

24 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

Fair point. I've been in the YandereDev rabbit hole for so long (like, so long), that his crazy moments kind of blend together. Once you mention "else if" statements, his edgelord past, and turning away TinyBuild/volunteers, you tend to forget about the eye color thing and other inefficient coding decisions. It's not unlike adding gradient colors, doing the segmented horn, and trying to be all "balance the past and future."

The inefficiency and getting super far up your rectum applies to Demoff/the Rams and YandereDev perfectly. Heck, one could argue that the Rams' history has been filled with Yandere Dev-tier incompetence. The 1999 title was their TinyBuild moment.

For those unfamiliar and looking for time to kill;

Yup. Were you there for the Aces and the (now sadly taken down) images of the big-breasted lady with the Aces belt buckle? "Embrace the Ace!" His ego was particularly hilarious to see deflated by the boards.

I fully expect the Rams to go with something more traditional for the next redesign, but hopefully they'll keep the royal and yellow-gold.

I missed the Aces but I'm so sad I did! I mostly only caught the last bit on his thread where he went after mods and the "get along gang" or whatever he called them. And believe me, I will be watching that Yandere Dev video tonight. I only learned about it about 6 months ago when a friend I was helping with coding mentioned the inefficiencies of the Yandere Sim code and showed it to me. It's crazy just how many people (and plenty in positions of real power) simply refuse to admit when they're wrong or need help? I think both Yandere Dev and Demoff are perfect examples of this. 

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

It might be just a tad premature for that, don't'cha think?

Teams start release information on the uniform they will wear for particular games once the schedule is out and set. Some teams we know what they will wear on a time or date based on patterns.

Besides, with this whole stay at home order and people restricted to their home because of Covid-19, we'll need things to get us through our boredom.

41 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

This is the result of quarantine and the Rams drawing out the wait for their uniforms. 😛 We're starting to come down with cabin fever.

Or, it’s simply because I find Yandere Dev’s Wild Ride to be comparable to the Rams’ branding strategy. This is what occurs when I find people even mildly familiar with topics pertaining to “my internet.”

If it wasn’t Yandere Dev, it’d be another lolcow. Just be happy I didn’t chose Dahvie Vanity (so NSFL). 

Archived