Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

6 hours ago, Ben in LA said:

Follow-up tweet

The guy is lacking too many details...everything he says has been in a concept or mentioned on here. 

Blue pants for home or road or both? Stripes on the pants?

Seems like there would be bone pants on the road as well.

No mention of horns on the shoulder, which would be a big discussion point. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Ben in LA said:

Other than the gradient numbers, I’m satisfied. Just wish they’d go with a yellow home jersey...or at least have it (hopefully) as an alternate.

How in the world can you be "satisfied" with something you haven't even seen?  

31 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

The guy is lacking too many details...everything he says has been in a concept or mentioned on here. 

Blue pants for home or road or both? Stripes on the pants?

Seems like there would be bone pants on the road as well.

No mention of horns on the shoulder, which would be a big discussion point. 

Also the numeral style, which is probably the most important detail on a football uniform.  

I don't - and never have - liked the idea of blue pants for the Rams.  Part of their iconic look - whether when they were ignored in Anaheim, or ignored in St. Louis - was a dark blue helmet with light (yellow or gold) pants.  Blue messed it up in St. Louis, and it could mess it up in LA.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

My guess is we get something close to this. I hope i'm wrong. This is going to be so bad.

qvkW92P.jpg

Jd7hW8J.jpg

Nike is smoking crack if they go with a Bone jersey.

Make the socks blue, add a yellow alt jersey with bone (or white) pants and yellow socks, and this isn’t terrible. It’s still nowhere near as good as it could be though. 

I can't wrap my head around how anyone could hear the color bone and not think that it sounds like the color of what their mascot would be after it has died and had all its meat picked off by vultures, then left to sit in the hot desert sun for months.

I mean sure, the Rams' salary cap situation is a pretty apt comparison to this, but it still seems like you'd want to avoid that symbolism.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

15 hours ago, Survival79 said:

The 3-color version is close. It's too bad that it's an "alternate version for limited use."

I think your concept, without the extra blue line in the horn (3 COLOR) works better.

rLJ3oJ0.png

I keep seeing the word gradient used in relation to the Ram head. Those colors are used for shadow effect right? It’s not a gradient. It bothered me lol.

That being said I agree the concept with just 3 colors is best. I understand the shadows give the logo depth, but the top of the ear kinda gets lost under the horn, so the inner ear bone shadow just kinda looks like its floating there. I see the ear just fine now, but at first glance it was odd.

19 minutes ago, JLJ said:

I keep seeing the word gradient used in relation to the Ram head. Those colors are used for shadow effect right? It’s not a gradient. It bothered me lol.

There is a gradient in the ram head logo, it's on the horns. It's just not as obvious as the LA logo, since it's a light yellow/dark yellow gradient instead of a white/yellow gradient.

EDIT: Here's a more clear visual of the gradient in the horn. It's a bit subtler due to the colors being gradiented, but it is there;

spacer.png

Archived