Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

35 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

You should’ve taken that left at Albuquerque. 

I am not making this up . . .  I almost included a "left turn at Albuquerque" reference in my original post, but decided to delete it.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure what everyone expects. There's nothing to discuss here until the Rams actually unveil their new uniforms. 

The conversation will drift naturally between an announcement and unveiling so 🤷‍♂️ 

The conversation will get back on topic once the uniforms are unveiled but until then this thread will be what it is. 

Trust us. No one wants the Rams to unveil their new unis more than moderation. We have...plans...once the final NFL unveiling is out of the way. 

12 minutes ago, IceCap said:

We have...plans...once the final NFL unveiling is out of the way. 

Thank you in advance to the CCSLC moderators for sending steaks and lobsters and champagne to all the board members, in an overarching celebration of the greatest NFL offseason for uniforms. 

All of us could use a good meal in these difficult times. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, TBGKon said:

We dont see a lot of Heat games in Tampa Bay.  It might be different in other parts of the state, but the majority of games of the Miami teams we see here are the Marlins.

I meant that the idea is that the whole state gets both channels, so if the NBA and NHL teams are playing at the same time, that way there's no need for a third feed as an overflow: if the Panthers are on Florida and the Heat are on Sun, it all works out for the headends in those territories whether they're running at the same time or not. Same deal to the north with the Bolts and Magic. I think the Marlins and Rays both get the entirety of Florida as their territory the way the Texas teams share all of Texas but I might be wrong. I know the Panthers' territory is tiny, just the Miami, WPB-PSL, and Ft. Myers TV markets and the rest is all Tampa's. 

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

39 minutes ago, IceCap said:

Trust us. No one wants the Rams to unveil their new unis more than moderation. We have...plans...once the final NFL unveiling is out of the way. 

🤔 Now it's time for the boards to begin wildly speculating on what said plans are.

1 hour ago, DNAsports said:

Interestingly, all these recent NFL brand threads have oddly brought out the Jacksonville fans.

All seven of them.

200.gif

For real though, I've always found it a bit odd how many of us there are around here considering how small the fanbase is. 

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

3 hours ago, leopard88 said:

By the way, this is still the Los Angeles NFL Brands thread, right?  I want to make sure I didn't make a wrong turn somewhere.

😛

It's what they get for 1) waiting so long and 2) screwing up the logo in the first place. Their only hope is to come out with a uniform that closely resembles the throwbacks and then they begin to downplay the Good Morning LA logo. 

2 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

It's what they get for 1) waiting so long and 2) screwing up the logo in the first place. Their only hope is to come out with a uniform that closely resembles the throwbacks and then they begin to downplay the Good Morning LA logo. 

Which, considering the amount of Nikespeak they put into justifying it, is probably not happening. 😛 

2 hours ago, j'villejags said:

200.gif

For real though, I've always found it a bit odd how many of us there are around here considering how small the fanbase is. 

@Island_Style linked this place on Twitter during the lead-up to the Jags' 2013 uni unveiling. 

Some of the then-newcomers stuck around 😃

2 hours ago, j'villejags said:

200.gif

You also had the best in Teal! I miss him especially during these trying times.

4 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Thank you in advance to the CCSLC moderators for sending steaks and lobsters and champagne to all the board members, in an overarching celebration of the greatest NFL offseason for uniforms. 

All of us could use a good meal in these difficult times. 

Could settle for a cold one and a couple double bacon cheeseburgers.

5 hours ago, leopard88 said:

I am not making this up . . .  I almost included a "left turn at Albuquerque" reference in my original post, but decided to delete it.

You should’ve. Bugs Bunny is somehow always fresh and relevant. 

2 hours ago, IceCap said:

@Island_Style linked this place on Twitter during the lead-up to the Jags' 2013 uni unveiling. 

Some of the then-newcomers stuck around 😃

Nice! That makes sense. It probably helps that we have had a polarizing uniform history. I live over 1,000 miles from Jacksonville, without a hometown team. As a kid, I chose the fledgling Jags as my favorite team mainly because I was obsessed with the colors, uniforms, and logos. Maybe there are others out there outside of DUUUVAL like me who were more into the look. 

Leading up to the 2009 update, I posted the hideous thing under the spoiler tag below on a Jaguars message board as a fun concept idea. Someone had told me to head over here with it as there were actually people who might get a kick out of it. It was cool finding a community of people like this who enjoy discussing the intricacies of sports design since not many of my friends give a damn about any of it. I think I've come and gone a couple times since but have ultimately have stuck around for 11+ years now. 😅

Spoiler

DNRX0up.jpg

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

Archived