2020 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LV

canzman

12 hours ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

Buccs wore white at home just as much as they did red. 

I do tho prefer certain teams wearing white at home. Buccs being one of them.

Just to clarify, it's Bucs with 1 C not 2 when abbreviated :)

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a Packers fan and a uniform fan, I am beyond disappointed that we're not seeing white/red against green/gold next Sunday, which would've been flawless. Instead we get some awkward home team (literal) in white, minimally colored pairing that looks similar to last season's Super Bowl.

3 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Brady is 4-1 in white jerseys and 2-2 in color (although Tampa is 1-0 in red) so it might be a reason why they chosen white. On the other hand Chiefs are 2-0 in red and 0-1 in white so it might not be a good choice.

Bucs wore red jerseys and lost to the Chiefs at home earlier this season. That might be another reason they opted for white.

Good points are brought up. How the Bucs have are unbeaten so far in white tops and pewter pants, and that they lost to KC in the first meeting in their red tops.

Kansas City is 2-0 in red in Super Bowls, yes. But check this out. In this two year Super Bowl run, the Chiefs have lost most of their games in the red jerseys. Both of their losses this season came in red against the Raiders and Chargers. In 2019, 3 of their 4 losses were to the Colts, Texans, and Packers. KC is 13-1 in the white jerseys. Their only loss in white was to the Titans in the 2019 regular season. It might not be such a bad thing that the Bucs put KC in their red tops. Something has to give, regarding uniform records.

27 minutes ago, phutmasterflex said:

Based on this, it appears that the Chiefs will go with a yellow end zone again. 

Bucs probably going red although a pewter one would be interesting. 

I think the Bucs would be going with white letters if they were going with pewter endzones. Black on pewter would be illegible.

On 1/27/2021 at 7:37 PM, 63Bulldogs63 said:

There have been teams like cowboys and Buccs who have worn white only throughout the year. Pretty sure no one has worn only their colored jersey. That season the niners wore red 11 times.

IIRC, the Minnesota Vikings wore purple an eye popping 12 times back in 2014.  And as a bonus, the 1989 New York Giants also wore blue jerseys 13 times (12 in regular season and their one home postseason game), including all EIGHT of their division games (back when the NFC East had five teams).  I don't recall any other team wearing their colored jersey more than that other than the two I mentioned.

39 minutes ago, orangefaniniowa said:

IIRC, the Minnesota Vikings wore purple an eye popping 12 times back in 2014.  And as a bonus, the 1989 New York Giants also wore blue jerseys 13 times (12 in regular season and their one home postseason game), including all EIGHT of their division games (back when the NFC East had five teams).  I don't recall any other team wearing their colored jersey more than that other than the two I mentioned.

I found a topper. The 94 Superbowl XXIX winning niners wore red tops (both the standard red and the 94 throwback) a total 17 times that season. All four of their preseason games they wore standard red with khaki pants. Week 1 and 5 Standard red with khaki. 11 other games including playoffs and superbowl wearing the red top throwbacks.

Side note, 5 games that year was the all white throwback. Only 1 game, week 2, that they wore the standard away uniform.

11 hours ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

I found a topper. The 94 Superbowl XXIX winning niners wore red tops (both the standard red and the 94 throwback) a total 17 times that season. All four of their preseason games they wore standard red with khaki pants. Week 1 and 5 Standard red with khaki. 11 other games including playoffs and superbowl wearing the red top throwbacks.

Side note, 5 games that year was the all white throwback. Only 1 game, week 2, that they wore the standard away uniform.

I was referring to the regular season and playoffs, not the preseason games.  But thanks for the info anyway.

20 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Pro Bowl jerseys for this year-

AFC

spacer.png

NFC

spacer.png

The silver thing on the chest looks like the collar/shoulder seam on the new template that Oregon used last year. But it's clearly still Vapor Untouchable due to the triangle on the back, interesting.

ExJworW.png

18 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

The silver thing on the chest looks like the collar/shoulder seam on the new template that Oregon used last year. But it's clearly still Vapor Untouchable due to the triangle on the back, interesting.

It's pretty much a re-colored version of last year's uniforms. Just a design quirk is all.

Pro Bowl 2020: Best photos

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

Is there rhyme or reason to which endzone goes to the AFC team and which goes to the NFC? I'm looking at past Super Bowl fields and it seems either random or chosen by the teams themselves. I would have liked to see KC's endzone on the opposite end this year, rather than the same as last year

Archived