2020 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LV

canzman

2 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Wow guys 3 Super Bowl match ups in a row where both teams have 2 named cities/states/areas/etc!!!

Tampa Bay vs Kansas City

San Francisco vs Kansas City

Los Angeles vs New England

I mean whoa, whats going on here? Follow the money!  Switch the WFT name to Washington DC Football Team!

Naw they should be “The District of Columbia Football Team”

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would think that the Bucs stick with red over pewter because this game isn't an early season home game, so they have no reason to wear the whites.

When were the last times the designated home team opted to wear white because of superstition? (Not including Cowboys because their whites are their designated home unis).

Has to be the Broncos (vs Panthers) and Steelers (vs Seahawks). Are there any other instances?

Go A's!

10 hours ago, phutmasterflex said:

When were the last times the designated home team opted to wear white because of superstition? (Not including Cowboys because their whites are their designated home unis).

every home team to choose white:

Cowboys XII and XXVII (always wear white at home) 

Skins XVII (wore white at home from 1981-1992)

Steelers XL (won 3 straight road games as the 6 seed)

Broncos 50 (0-4 in orange jerseys in the Super Bowl, 1-1 in white going into 50)

Patriots LII (3-0 in SBs in white and lost last two when they wore navy, I guess)

Some updates on the SBLV field

https://www.wtsp.com/article/sports/nfl/superbowl/nfl-super-bowl-preps-raymond-james-stadium/67-c5c6a1dd-092f-4128-bb77-5a30d536301f

spacer.png

Lombardi trophies will be painted today, rest of field will continue throughout the week. League unsure if they should allow Bucs to fire the pirate ship cannons if they score. Every fan will get a kn95 mask, hand sanitizer, and safety cards when they go in. The Super Bowl Experience fan thing is still on across the street with some social distancing in effect this weekend and Wednesday-Saturday during game week.

28 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

spacer.png

We know it can’t be the all-pewter (which honestly, I’d be okay with, but that’s for a different discussion). So, the possible combinations are-

• Red/White

• Red/Pewter

• White/White

• White/Pewter

Am I missing any?

They get to the Super Bowl the same year they return to their SB set... They'd be fools not to wear the obvious home combo.

gffoed4ldksi6dev2fek

Too much red in this matchup, but I think the Chiefs bright palette could create enough contrast in either the red or white pants.

spacer.png

I noticed this year the fan super bowl jerseys were just generic white and black. I remember the eagles did this a few years back as well and it never made sense to me. I understand they have a bunch of plain black and white jerseys that they can simply put the numbers and logos on. But you're telling me they have red mahomes jerseys lying around for the patch but not brady? Is it just an easier way to get rid of stock for fanatics and nike?

5 hours ago, josh106802 said:

Another one for the conversation...in 1985 the Patriots wore white for every home game. In Super Bowl XX, as the designated home team, they went against form and wore red. 

That was after going on the road winning 2 of 3 in the red jersey's. I believe they were the first Wildcard team to win 3 games on the road en route to a superbowl appearance.

So a little food for thought on this season and the Buccs combos.

Pewter alt : 2-1

All White : 4-2

Red / Pewter : 3-2

White/ Pewter : 5-0

9-2 in White tops 5-3 in colored tops. 

Historically they haven't been opposed to wearing white at home. If it ain't broke, why fix it?

Also random thing I learned on the GUD while looking this up. The 2005 49ers didn't wear their white tops til week 10. I dont think I've seen a team go that long into the season having not worn white.

19 hours ago, -Akronite- said:

They get to the Super Bowl the same year they return to their SB set... They'd be fools not to wear the obvious home combo.

gffoed4ldksi6dev2fek

Too much red in this matchup, but I think the Chiefs bright palette could create enough contrast in either the red or white pants.

Also bring the first real home team in Super Bowl history it would be a no brainer. But overall not digging this overall redness from the two teams. (Dammit Green Bay!) but this is my preferred look:
1288494257-850x560.jpeg

Two main reasons, Contrasting pants (I :censored:ing hate all white or monochrome looks like the Saint's) and we have already seen it this year and it looks great. 

zyyMk1d.png

4 hours ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

So a little food for thought on this season and the Buccs combos.

Pewter alt : 2-1

All White : 4-2

Red / Pewter : 3-2

White/ Pewter : 5-0

9-2 in White tops 5-3 in colored tops. 

Historically they haven't been opposed to wearing white at home. If it ain't broke, why fix it?

Also random thing I learned on the GUD while looking this up. The 2005 49ers didn't wear their white tops til week 10. I dont think I've seen a team go that long into the season having not worn white.

The 2011 Cleveland Browns went the whole season without wearing their brown home jerseys. I think that has it beat 😁

Archived