2020 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LV

canzman

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, gothedistance said:

What game are the Packers all white color rush going to be? They've been worn for night games. We can rule the Chicago game out with the Bears uniform schedule confirmed, and the 49ers game that came to past. Maybe the Tennessee game?

Let's hope none...

21 hours ago, FroznYogurt said:

Saints color rush vs. Bucs in red for SNF

I’m glad the saints are bringing these out for this game, but it’s too bad that the gold pants have been cast away. They really made a now boring uniform one of the best in the leauge

21 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

Can't wait to see how many of these comments we get during Sunday Night Football:

"The Saints should wear these every game"

"These would look better with black socks"

season 1 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Once Brees leaves/retires, this uniform HAS to be the blueprint for an inevitability new set. Atlanta botched it with not utilizing their color rush, New Orleans shouldn’t make the same mistake.

1 hour ago, gothedistance said:

I like Green Bay's all white. Once a year isn't too much.

I agree with this. I realize it might go against tradition, which, aesthetically speaking, is woven into Green Bay's brand. But I think it looks good in the same way that it works for Michigan's away uniforms. Once a year is alright, certainly.

13 minutes ago, Ted Cunningham said:

I agree with this. I realize it might go against tradition, which, aesthetically speaking, is woven into Green Bay's brand. But I think it looks good in the same way that it works for Michigan's away uniforms. Once a year is alright, certainly.

Disagree. Is it their best look? No.

Then don't wear it.

It's where I sit.

Also, this is the correct answer for the Titans' current look:

v2ckbZQ.jpg

I am pleased to see it. There's a lot wrong with this uniform, but from a broad standpoint, the navy over columbia over white look with the dark numbers outlined in white is a solid look. It's a shame that some of these brands lend themselves to mixing and matching with three essentially color-swapped versions of each element. Everything becomes muddled and inconsistent. Like, what is truly the "default" home look for the Titans? Navy jerseys, sure. But with what pants? (Navy, I guess? That's what they've worn the most with the navy jerseys, but in the history of this particular set, it's not really been consistent.)

1 minute ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Disagree. Is it their best look? No.

Then don't wear it.

This is a fair point too. Don't do it just because you can. All white should not be Green Bay's primary away look or even used often. And as I said above, having too many options and mixing and matching dilutes the strength of a brand. However, I don't think it has to be quite so strict ("best" look or don't wear it). "Best" is likely too subjective to make a determination that excludes all other looks. An alternate, when done well and used sparingly, can provide variety without confusing/diluting which look is "default", "classic", or otherwise easily recognizable as a particular team, especially when it's a change to one element (like an alternate color jersey or pair of pants) and not a completely different look (like the Browns' previous color rush set vs their previous main brand). Maybe allowing any alternates is incompatible with brand consistency, strictly by the definitions of the words. But an alternate that makes sense and is used sparingly can add variety to a brand without weakening it.

8 minutes ago, Ted Cunningham said:

This is a fair point too. Don't do it just because you can. All white should not be Green Bay's primary away look or even used often. And as I said above, having too many options and mixing and matching dilutes the strength of a brand. However, I don't think it has to be quite so strict ("best" look or don't wear it). "Best" is likely too subjective to make a determination that excludes all other looks. An alternate, when done well and used sparingly, can provide variety without confusing/diluting which look is "default", "classic", or otherwise easily recognizable as a particular team, especially when it's a change to one element (like an alternate color jersey or pair of pants) and not a completely different look (like the Browns' previous color rush set vs their previous main brand). Maybe allowing any alternates is incompatible with brand consistency, strictly by the definitions of the words. But an alternate that makes sense and is used sparingly can add variety to a brand without weakening it.

I don't disagree with this as a theory. I do disagree with it as a practice. I'm thankful that my team hasn't fallen into that trap. I'm thankful that the teams I see as having the best uniforms historically (Bears, Raiders, Steelers, of course Packers) haven't done this. There's only 16 games. If you have a best look, and arguably these teams and others do, why would you ever choose to not look your best? Yeah - merchandising. You can sell crap without wearing it.

It's where I sit.

1 hour ago, Ted Cunningham said:

Also, this is the correct answer for the Titans' current look:

v2ckbZQ.jpg

I am pleased to see it. There's a lot wrong with this uniform, but from a broad standpoint, the navy over columbia over white look with the dark numbers outlined in white is a solid look. It's a shame that some of these brands lend themselves to mixing and matching with three essentially color-swapped versions of each element. Everything becomes muddled and inconsistent. Like, what is truly the "default" home look for the Titans? Navy jerseys, sure. But with what pants? (Navy, I guess? That's what they've worn the most with the navy jerseys, but in the history of this particular set, it's not really been consistent.)

Just wear light blue socks to match the jersey and you’re set. Honestly, though, it’s not monochrome, so that puts it above sooooo much else in this silly league. 

Ahhhhh, this is gonna be a hot take.... I think the Bills’ blue over blue is actually a pretty good look with white socks. Striped socks would make it a ton better though, and it definitely shouldn’t be worn more than once a year, but it’s actually one of the better same color jersey/pants combinations in the league

Archived