2020 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LV

canzman

I agree that the red pants would have been great tonight (also would be great against the Saints) but the problem with them is that they have a black stripe which matches absolutely nothing else in the set. I really like them in theory but the design execution was poor. Atlanta also desperately needs contrasting socks. It’s astounding considering they have all color socks available in the wardrobe but insist on the leotard look.

spacer.png

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/28/2020 at 11:06 AM, oldschoolvikings said:

The reason they chose the white jersey instead of the red, and the reason they're going with the all white socks, is the same. They're doing both because this uniform is technically a color rush. Like the Giants and the Saints color rush, it's doing double duty, as both throwback and color rush. True, the red jersey would look nicer than the white, and both would look nicer with the proper socks. Since the whole color rush nonsense is supposedly dead they could make either or both of those changes and have a better look, but apparently they don't want to.

Right. And it probably is now a merchandising situation where they will milk out as much as they can from these throwbacks and then maybe finally go with the red when they are done. I would hope so but you never know. 

Go A's!

Easily the best the Falcons have looked all season. And since they won, maybe they'll wear it a gain next road game at New Orleans (of course). They will be wearing white at home next week vs. Denver, but I'm sure that will be an "ice whiteout" or whatever nonsense they decide to call it, and they'll wear all white.

I'm starting to think that the general population, at least among the people who decide on which uniforms will be worn, for whatever reason think that color contrast between teams is a bad thing. I used to think it was just a case of not taking the matchup into account, but at this point it seems like intentional decisions are being made to wear the same or similar colors as the opposing team. It's baffling, yet somehow keeps happening.

40 minutes ago, bbush24 said:

I'm starting to think that the general population, at least among the people who decide on which uniforms will be worn, for whatever reason think that color contrast between teams is a bad thing. I used to think it was just a case of not taking the matchup into account, but at this point it seems like intentional decisions are being made to wear the same or similar colors as the opposing team. It's baffling, yet somehow keeps happening.

We usually get at least one matchup like this per week. Sometimes it seems deliberate, but in other cases it's just a case of a team wearing its preferred look regardless of the opponent.

For instance, the Browns wearing orange pants in both games vs. Cincinnati seems intentional, but Tennessee wearing navy pants against navy teams is probably just because they're obsessed with that abomination of a uniform. I'm really worried about that Week 9 Chicago at Tennessee game. Perfect time to break out light blue jerseys or pants.

8 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

We usually get at least one matchup like this per week. Sometimes it seems deliberate, but in other cases it's just a case of a team wearing its preferred look regardless of the opponent.

For instance, the Browns wearing orange pants in both games vs. Cincinnati seems intentional, but Tennessee wearing navy pants against navy teams is probably just because they're obsessed with that abomination of a uniform. I'm really worried about that Week 9 Chicago at Tennessee game. Perfect time to break out light blue jerseys or pants.

Agreed.  As much as we all like to think that everyone should put as much thought into uniform combos based on opponents as we do, it's not that important to the people making the decisions.  

Here's what they think:

"Hey, its a night game, let's wear all black!"

"Ooh we won last week with our black pants, let's keep those until we lose!"

"Eh, we said we'd wear these throwbacks for 1 or 2 games,  how about week 6 and 12? " 

"sure, who are we playing?" 

"I dunno , why?"

On 10/30/2020 at 8:14 AM, bbush24 said:

It's just like when the general public, the fans, say things about the players or coaching staff on the team. The team doesn't care about the advices of people outside of their environment.

This is a very good looking early afternoon slot. Every team is wearing one of their better combos.

Jets/Chiefs looks awesome. Great colors. Raiders/Browns is classic. Rams and Dolphins both wearing their best sets. Titans in white pants.

Some of the Patriots' players are wearing their socks like this and it looks great.

jbdibnhudml9gdzgofze.jpg

Archived