Ottawa Senators unveil primary logo, to unveil uniforms Oct. 6

crashcarson15

spacer.png

Speaking of those wings on the left of the original logo ... what is that supposed to be?

And why is his mohawk of bristles not connected to his helmet?

I'm betting this is a minority opinion, but I'd like them to incorporate the laurels.  Their only jersey with those was unique but IMO suffered because it had too much gold.  I also loved the red "wavy" jersey. 

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After 13 years of having the worst jerseys in the league this is a much welcome change. I still wish they were going with the O full time, but it does seem like more of the fanbase prefers the 2D logo. Pretty disappointing that it sounds like there won't be any white in the home look though.

I wondered if they could keep the "two red stripes on black background" while keeping the laurel pattern:

2U248jk.png

I think some of those look pretty good, and IMO the gold laurel distinguishes them from the other red and black teams.  Still think they need the "wavy" look though! (wow, has it really been 13 years since those were worn?!)

1 hour ago, ldconcepts said:

OTTAWA-SENATORS-NEW-UNIFORMS-2020-2021-S

That would be the best one ever for sure.. return to simple and clean looking jerseys and the logo? I do like that but wondered if the other 2 D logo that was shown in 2017 or so can be used as well? BUT I would love to see this look return for good!

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

5 hours ago, _RH_ said:

spacer.png

Speaking of those wings on the left of the original logo ... what is that supposed to be?

I'm betting this is a minority opinion, but I'd like them to incorporate the laurels.  Their only jersey with those was unique but IMO suffered because it had too much gold.  I also loved the red "wavy" jersey. 

I'm pretty sure the "wings" are just an abstract design of the centurion's cape/cloak.

That's fine.  it's an imperfect logo, but it looks pretty cool on the whole and sends a franchise that is currently in uniform hell on the right path toward salvation.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

It'd be pretty cool if they put "EST. MDCCCXCIV" on the back of neck/hanger effect. Would be just another nod to the 90s shoulder patches.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

15 hours ago, _RH_ said:

spacer.png

1) It's a cape. It's hard to tell because they didn't get the logo right the first time.

2) Because they didn't get the logo right the first time.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Disagree on that front; I actually think this alternate would be a beautiful direction to go in;

spacer.png

Replace the Serpentine NOB with a block font and put a new version of the 2D logo on the front instead of the 3D one and this is damn-near perfect for a Sens jersey, IMO. We can keep the Silver Seven jerseys as thirds, but I think the right direction is to embrace the modern franchise's history instead of dressing themselves up as a different team in an attempt to play to a legacy they don't actually have

The banners and the third are good enough to represent the Silver Seven for this team. After all, this isn't a 1930's old-school club; it's a 1992 expansion team. Keep the old team to historical throwbacks, but the modern franchise doesn't need to (and shouldn't) dress up like them.

This is why I kind of wanted to see something new. Sure I like the set they’re going back to but something entirely new would have been cool to see. Hopefully the “slight” updates to it make a difference. 

Honestly, I think it’s time to throw out the Roman theme. Just get rid of it and go full Silver Seven. The legacy of the Roman theme is one of failure. Yes, the OG Sens moves to St. Louis and then folded, but they actually won Cups. 

Get rid of all the Roman crap and look like a team that actually won something.

26 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

The legacy of the Roman theme is one of failure.

spacer.png

Is four division titles, the President's Trophy, the Prince of Wales Trophy and a cast of alumni like Dany Heatley, Jason Spezza, Danny Alfredsson, Marian Hossa and Dominik Hasek considered a "legacy of failure" now? That's the kind of term I'd use to describe the Washington Snyders, New York Knicks or Cleveland Browns, not the late 90's-mid 2000's Ottawa Senators.

The modern Senators organization should not try to look like the Silver Seven. They're not that franchise, they should not pretend to be that franchise. The current org has a look associated with successful teams, they should look to that before looking to cosplaying as a different franchise altogether.

14 hours ago, ldconcepts said:

Here’s what I mocked up for the article, combining both logos. I personally think the old one is outdated but only needs a few changes to bring it up to speed.

Disappointing if true. They have such a great shade of gold; not using it outside of the logo would be a waste. 

1 hour ago, SFGiants58 said:

I know I flip-flop on this issue a lot, but going towards Silver Seven Dress-Up would be ideal.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Modernized barberpole is the proper way to go. 

If they were actually an original franchise and were wearing that for decades then sure. Otherwise no, it just doesn't fit them as a full-time uniform.

1 hour ago, SFGiants58 said:

I know I flip-flop on this issue a lot, but going towards Silver Seven Dress-Up would be ideal.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Modernized barberpole is the proper way to go. 

I was hoping for this as well, I thought it was really cool and looked S A WEET

Archived