2020 NFL Season

PittsburghSucks

8 hours ago, Rockstar Matt said:

the Cowboys shouldn’t have allowed a bad call by the officials to determine the game. 

I hate when people say stuff like this.  It's like saying that a team should have to win by two scores rather than one.  The rules are the rules, and they did what it took to win the game*.  Can't say "hey, sometimes the rules change, so you better play like the game is over after three quarters rather than four."  I'm no Cowboys fan, but I'd be livid if that was called against my team.

*who knows what would have happened after that, so it didn't directly cost them the game, but probably did.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, See Red said:

The NFL product really suffers from the lack of crowd.  The fake crowd noise is both not loud enough and doesn't feel at all authentic.

Although the camera crews are doing their damndest with all the tricks ESPN had to do with XFL games this past year (even if that feels like 10 years ago now).

The only thing worse than Gostkowski’s stats was Denver’s handling of the clock with the lead.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

11 hours ago, Red Comet said:

I notice the Bronco's end zones have the old school Horse in D logo. I wonder if they're going to promote that logo on the helmet full-time considering how they're slowly making it more prominent in the branding?

I hope so I have hated the robobronco logo and uniforms since the day they put them out back in 1997. 

On 9/13/2020 at 11:32 PM, masterchaoss said:

The missed obvious roughing the passer to Goffs face that resulted in a INT and opi call on the flop by Ramsey  has shown me that officiating in every single league on this damn continent has gone to horse :censored:. Like I don't remember it ever being this constantly bad in every single sport even 5 years ago, what the hell happened

It’s not worse, just with the invention of high def cameras and super slow motion and being able to see almost every single angle has made it more obvious than ever. But also anyone who thinks that play wasn’t OPI is blind.

19 hours ago, Red Comet said:

Then I hate breaking the news that it only appears to be there for last night's game. Still, I wouldn't be opposed to the Donkos going back to the uniforms they lost 4 Super Bowls in.

Hopefully they keep it there all season which I doubt.  But one can hope!  At least it will be back week 15 when they wear the uniforms.  I wish they would do something like Miami does and paint the endzones with blue and orange diamonds but then put the D logo on the 50 yd line. 

Concern #1: Joe Burrow's College Performance Was System-Influenced And He Is Going To Be An NFL Bust.

I am as close to forgetting about this worry through two games as I possibly could. Dude looks legit. He's putting the ball in tight windows, spaces Andy Dalton rarely hit. His first TD pass was an elite level throw, he hit Tee Higgins on a scramble with a ball that was pure magic, and when he misses he's missing where a DB isn't coming down with it. Bengals haven't seen QB play like this since pre-elbow Injury Carson Palmer. Add in the fact that this was his second game ever and he had like two days to prepare for it? I'm impressed and sold and rock hard?  

Concern #2: The Offensive Line Is Dangerously Bad And They're Going To Get Joe Burrow Killed.

He threw 61 pass attempts last night and probably got hit on 59 of them. You give up that many pressures and eventually he's going to get injured. They need to figure this :censored: out before our Special Boy breaks something. Also concerned it's going to start effecting Burrow's vision where his reads are impacted because he's worried about getting drilled on every play. It happened to Baker last year, it's happened to a lot of young QBs. 

Concern #3: The Defense is ASS. 

The defense is ASS. My 60 year old overweight father who hasn't carried a ball in a football game since 1977 could've gained 5 yards a carry last night. They were getting gashed on every run play, which actually allowed Baker Mayfield to look like rookie Baker last night. With five minutes left, the Bengals scored to make it 28-23. So you get a stop, you get the ball back, and let Golden Arm be the hero. In that situation everyone in the world knows what the Browns are going to do next and they still rip off 3 running plays for like 70 yards and a touchdown. That's humiliating. They need to figure that :censored: out or this is a 4 win team at best. 

Concern #4: Zac Taylor Doesn't Know What He's Doing. 

His play calling is curious and his personnel decisions are head-scratching. I had no opinion of him last year when the team was butt and they were injured all over the roster, but starting to think he's another David Shula. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

On 9/14/2020 at 8:26 AM, BBTV said:

I hate when people say stuff like this.  It's like saying that a team should have to win by two scores rather than one.  The rules are the rules, and they did what it took to win the game*.  Can't say "hey, sometimes the rules change, so you better play like the game is over after three quarters rather than four."  I'm no Cowboys fan, but I'd be livid if that was called against my team.

*who knows what would have happened after that, so it didn't directly cost them the game, but probably did.

One of my biggest pet peeves with sports fans. "Shouldn't have put it in the refs hands!" Okay, hard-on. It demonstrates a lack of understanding on how pro sports works. The difference between the best team and the worst team is very small and that's by design. It's a level playing field so one team shouldn't have to work extra hard to beat their opponent plus beat the 4, 5, 6 bad calls the officials gift to the SteelersPackersPatriots.

PvO6ZWJ.png

1 hour ago, Sport said:

Concern #2: The Offensive Line Is Dangerously Bad And They're Going To Get Joe Burrow Killed.

He threw 61 pass attempts last night and probably got hit on 59 of them. You give up that many pressures and eventually he's going to get injured. They need to figure this :censored: out before our Special Boy breaks something. Also concerned it's going to start effecting Burrow's vision where his reads are impacted because he's worried about getting drilled on every play. It happened to Baker last year, it's happened to a lot of young QBs. 

Or experiences an unfortunate encounter with some Steeler defensive lineman...minus the flag...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, Buc said:

Or experiences an unfortunate encounter with some Steeler defensive lineman...minus the flag...

I have thought about this and for as long as he plays for the Bengals I'll never not worry about him against the Steelers! 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived