NFL 2020

FormerLurker

The bigger news is apparently the Colts are tweaking their logo, and the Falcons, Bucs, and Browns are not. (Though the Bucs tweaked the pirate ship)

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/18/2020 at 9:43 AM, BringBackTheVet said:

Regarding the Patriots, I have no idea how his contracts have been structured (other than he often renegotiates for less to help with their cap), but I imagine that you're right and they did look forward and predict that he'd either retire this year, or that they wouldn't be able to pay him at FA and the decision to move on after 2019 was actually made back in 2018 (or before whenever the deadline for 2020 uniform change is.)  It's also entirely likely that while the deadline for a change is something like 2 years out, they had the new designs filed away for much longer, just waiting for the right time to move forward with them.

Most players, it's hard to know when they'll be gone.  But yes, this was one that could absolutely be predicted.  I suspect that when Kraft intervened last time, and told Belichick that he had to keep Brady, Belichick responded with an ultimatum.  Brady was on borrowed time from that point on, and he was always going to leave after the 2019 season. 

On 3/22/2020 at 1:43 AM, Old School Fool said:

Positions have certain numbers and it makes things on the field easily identifiable for the coaches, referees and broadcasters. I can't imagine randomly having a RB wearing #5 would be great for them. It happens in College Football but College Football has alot of dumb things about it.

Agreed.  Position numbers are a Good Thing.

10 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Sometimes the perfect solution is a relatively simple one.  Bravo.

Would be curious to see this with a Navy facemask.  The Red/White stripes and the Red in the Flying Elvis would pop like crazy if the mask was Navy.  

Either way, give us this with a number font update (solid 1-color White on Navy, Navy on White) and I'm sold.

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

The bigger news is apparently the Colts are tweaking their logo, and the Falcons, Bucs, and Browns are not. (Though the Bucs tweaked the pirate ship)

If the Colts are tweaking their logo, that means they are either A.) making the helmet logo match the official logo, which would be a mistake due to how it fits on a helmet or B.) making the helmet logo the official logo.

Also, that Madden Instagram post showing the single thin stripe pant for home jerseys would actually make a ton of sense, since it would match the helmet.  With the Road Whites, they've gotta have a double stripe on the pants, to match the jersey.  Doesn't sound like either of these are happening but it will be interesting to see what they're doing.

1 hour ago, Volt said:

If the Colts are tweaking their logo, that means they are either A.) making the helmet logo match the official logo, which would be a mistake due to how it fits on a helmet or B.) making the helmet logo the official logo.

Also, that Madden Instagram post showing the single thin stripe pant for home jerseys would actually make a ton of sense, since it would match the helmet.  With the Road Whites, they've gotta have a double stripe on the pants, to match the jersey.  Doesn't sound like either of these are happening but it will be interesting to see what they're doing.

I've just gotta really hope that whatever tweaks are made are minor clean ups rather than anything that makes a major visual change. Fortunately, what I've read makes it look like that's exactly what they're doing.

One thing I'm reading among Colts fans regarding the uniform is the possibility of the default home uniform being blue jersey and pants rather than blue jersey white pants.

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

21 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Just taking a big guess: removal of side panels, removing the Flying Elvis from the jersey wordmark, and a Bledsoe throwback alternate (the latter being a hopeful guess based on the Edelman tweet). All of those would be really nice.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

9 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Colts finally move to the VU template for their home and road sets and switch to the font from their Color Rush set:

spacer.png

I said the same thing about 50 pages ago...I fully expect them to go to the VU template.  Keeping the CR number font would be an outstanding (and easy) choice.

11 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Just taking a big guess: removal of side panels, removing the Flying Elvis from the jersey wordmark, and a Bledsoe throwback alternate (the latter being a hopeful guess based on the Edelman tweet). All of those would be really nice.

Another guess - they go from 3-color numbers to 2-color numbers (take out the gray outline on the homes and the white outline on the roads). I have nothing to back this up and could be way off. I just want the Pats to run faster and jump higher.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Let's hope the facemask remains Red, or at worst, changes to Navy.  Grey on Silver is really drab.

Anyone care to mock up a Pats helmet with a Navy mask?  Maybe with the Red/White/Red stripe from a few pages back?

1 hour ago, Beer Barrel Man said:

Unfortunately.

I’m surprised so many here hate the current jerseys, they’re great. With a few tweaks, could be even better. Should add a red version of the home jersey like they sold for the fans.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Volt said:

Let's hope the facemask remains Red, or at worst, changes to Navy.  Grey on Silver is really drab.

Anyone care to mock up a Pats helmet with a Navy mask?  Maybe with the Red/White/Red stripe from a few pages back?

Navy would be awesome. The red facemask has always stuck out to me. It's too bright and distracting. 

Archived