NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

On 4/3/2021 at 5:23 PM, fouhy12 said:

I can't believe I've been on this forum for a decade and we're still having the grey facemask debate. It's what really makes this place feel like home. 

Just make them clear!

(I will see myself out) 

• Like 3

On 4/5/2021 at 10:48 AM, ssj_homeslice said:

Looks like the NFL numbering system will be changed, allowing WRs and DBs to wear numbers in the single digits among other changes. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1379101684912123910?s=20

I’m kind of surprised that using 0 and 00 aren’t being brought up, though I feel as though it’s only a matter of time before players can wear 0 and/or 00. My guess is that if/when wearing 0/00 is permitted, 0 gets use from the general K/P/QB crowd and 00 getting use from the OL/DL/LB/TE group.

Also, is it me, or have any NFL TEs worn anything in the 90-99 range, or is that more of a college thing, if anything at all?

Edited by DustDevil61
Group, 90-99 TEs
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, DustDevil61 said:

I’m kind of surprised that using 0 and 00 aren’t being brought up, though I feel as though it’s only a matter of time before players can wear 0 and/or 00. My guess is that if/when wearing 0/00 is permitted, 0 gets use from the general K/P/QB crowd and 00 getting use from the OL/DL/LB/TE group.

Also, is it me, or have any NFL TEs worn anything in the 90-99 range, or is that more of a college thing, if anything at all?

Tight ends can’t wear numbers in the 90s, only 40-49 and 80-89

I've been wanting numbers in the NFL to be more like college for quite some time.  I feel like the idea of a numbering system is a bit of an antiquated concept nowadays, for many of the reasons that have already been cited.  Especially the tendency of modern players to either line up at multiple positions or specialize in something that isn't accounted for (i.e. edge rusher).

If nothing else, simplify it so that QBs, Ks, and Ps get 1-19. OLs, DLs, and LBs  get 50-79 and 90-99.  RBs, WRs, TEs, and DBs get 1-49, and 80-89. 

Buffalo Bills To Wear White Facemask On Full-Time Basis

April 8, 2021 - 13:26 PM

After 10 seasons with a gray facemask, the Buffalo Bills announced earlier this month that they‘ll wear a white facemask moving forward. The announcement was part of an elaborate April Fools’ Day prank where multiple players expressed their love for the gray facemask on social media. Wide receiver Isaiah McKenzie

Read More...

• Like 1

NFL To Vote On Proposal To Reduce Restrictions On Jersey Numbers

April 8, 2021 - 14:30 PM

Next month, NFL owners are expected to vote on a proposal that would allow running backs, wide receivers, tight ends, linebackers and defensive backs to wear new numbers, including single digits.  The amendment to Rule 5, Section 1, Article 2 of the NFL rulebook was proposed by the Kansas City

Read More...

I mean, I ain't gonna front, but I'd love to see some more of this, just for the novelty of it...

1462806.jpg.jpg

(R.I.P.)

af9db81828d820bdf634cd280bd40416.jpg

9a80fefc1a697f50d3899ec0386835b8.jpg

(^ that, btw, is my personal favorite Chargers look of all time, with the blue jersey to match...)

Of course, all it'll take is one person to beak the mold and start the trend going before it loses its "cool factor". That said, I don't know about this one (blame this on UVa's number draft thingamajig they got going on down there...)

15049418.jpeg

And of course, history also gave us this, but I don't know that I'd want to see it again...

usatsi_5836216.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

(Dude apparently also wore #48 as a QB in college, as well.)

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The only numbering change that should happen is allowing WRs to wear 1-9.  To avoid any further numbering changes, team should simply unretire jersey numbers, which is an unsustainable concept, as, over time, they will just run out of numbers.

A 315lb DT wearing number 6 is stupid.  A QB wearing #95 is stupid.   A CB wearing #99 is stupid.

There is a numbering system for a reason.  It's amazing that some of the same people who flip out over half a sock not being white, are okay with obliterating a traditional numbering system that helps identify positional players on the field, makes the rules of the game more manageable and enforceable, and facilitates continuing tradition.  

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

3 hours ago, tBBP said:

I mean, I ain't gonna front, but I'd love to see some more of this, just for the novelty of it...

but then it's no longer a novelty.

• Like 4
  • Yawn 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 4/5/2021 at 7:57 PM, BBTV said:

Honestly, that's so annoying that I wish there was some way to penalize it.  I also wish that PI wasn't so subjective and over-called that it's worth it to them to beg for it every play.  

I really think that begging to the refs for a penalty ought to be unsportsmanlike conduct.  If nobody saw it, not even the gods-eye in the booth, then it wasn’t a penalty and no amount of wild gestures in an official’s face can magically make it one. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, VDizzle12 said:

I don't know, I feel like the ram logo is generic and feels like clip art. 

Guess these hats aren't terrible. A bit meh though. I'm surprised the NFL doesn't do more to make them fit into the host cities. 

Last year they had the neon style to fit Vegas, though clearly that didn't happen as planned. 

the user formerly known as cdclt