NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

2 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Y’all really think this-

spacer.png

looks better than this?

spacer.png

IMO, anytime a helmet and facemask are the same color (outside of white and black), it looks very cheap.

The top one does look better.

Navy helmets with navy facemasks (like Bears, Broncos) look just fine to me. 

• Like 16

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

35 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

The top one does look better.

Navy helmets with navy facemasks (like Bears, Broncos) look just fine to me. 

I can agree on the Bears and Broncos. I wouldn’t expect them to try anything drastic like orange facemasks

• Like 2

3 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

I can't believe I've been on this forum for a decade and we're still having the grey facemask debate. It's what really makes this place feel like home. 

Like the inevitable rising and setting of the sun there are a handful of topics you can always expect to see here. It's like the movie groundhogs day

• Like 13

Has anyone come in with the "it depends on the team?" comment yet? 

The Packers are a good example to me that could work with a grey facemask but look better in a team color facemask. The Cowboys on the other hand, I think would look better in a navy facemask opposed to their current silver one. 

• Like 4

AmPJ0Ty.png 

9 minutes ago, colinturner95 said:

yes, but there’s a troll on these forums that swoops in with silly generalizations and derails all these discussions.  

• Like 6

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

9 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Y’all really think this-

spacer.png

looks better than this?

spacer.png

IMO, anytime a helmet and facemask are the same color (outside of white and black), it looks very cheap.

Not only is the purple facemask far superior to their current black, yellow would even be a more suitable look

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 9
  • Hurl 1

6uXNWAo.png

21 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Not only is the purple facemask far superior to their current black, yellow would even be a more suitable look

maxresdefault.jpg

Dear god no...

There isn't even enough gold on the uniform to justify having a color that bright on the helmet

• Like 21

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

4 hours ago, MNtwins3 said:

Dear god no...

There isn't even enough gold on the uniform to justify having a color that bright on the helmet

I’d argue they have roughly the same amount of gold/yellow as Washington-

spacer.png

spacer.png

Now, I’m not saying a yellow facemask would help the Minnesota uniforms, but it’s certainly justified when you compare it to a team who also uses the same color in a similar manner.

(Personally, I’d rather have Washington use a gray facemask)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Lights Out said:

By that logic, wouldn't a white facemask be better? It doesn't get more "neutral" and "invisible" than being the same color as the rest of the helmet.

Not to me anyway. Miami’s white face mask is so distracting to me, perhaps because of its brightness. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, colinturner95 said:

The Packers are a good example to me that could work with a grey facemask but look better in a team color facemask. The Cowboys on the other hand, I think would look better in a navy facemask opposed to their current silver one. 

I always thought the Packers should look as much as possible like the unis worn in SB 1&2. But I really wouldn't mind keeping the green mask.

• Like 4

I remember seeing a graphic on a pregame show for Washington that had a burgundy helmet with white/gold/white stripes and a white facemask. It actually looked decent. I’ve tried looking for it again, but can’t seem to find it anywhere.

Not that my opinion of it matters one ioda, but I've long thought the Footballs' yellow gold masks as garish. It may just be because yellow is so bright on its own, but I never understood why they went that route rather than color-keying the masks to the helmets. 

• Like 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, NeauXone said:

I feel like I'm the only one who would like to see the Vikings go with a white facemask.

The Vikings wore white masks briefly in the early ‘80s. I thought they were too much of a distraction, and looked especially bad with the white uniforms. Switching to purple masks was a big upgrade.

spacer.png
spacer.png

• Like 8