NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

3 hours ago, kutztown said:

Looks like teams will be voting on expanding the position groups who can wear single digit numbers

I'm all for this. Something about wideouts and DBs in single digits/teens feels much more aesthetically pleasing. It may or may not contribute to me like college football over the NFL in terms of excitement and good vibes.

• Like 3

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

I like this Bills move as I’m not into the gray masks when it’s not in the colors. Now the throwback look will look proper and the current look will as well. Would have preferred a blue mask, but white is better than gray and comparing to college, most teams go with the white mask on the white helmet...cause it’s icy or clean as opposed to fire. I think fire refers to a solid color monochrome. Hope it inspires the colts, lions, niners go back to color too.

• Like 7
KISSwall09.jpg

9 minutes ago, JOEYxFRESCO said:

Aren’t we getting a new Nike template this year too?

I think those are delayed, but some of the bigger Nike schools are supposed to move to the Vapor Fusion uniform this year.

Oregon's ice cold uniforms vs. rival Washington

nike vapor fusion uniforms online -

I'd like to think if Cincinnati is going with a shoulder/sleeve cap stripe design, these may be the best way to show them off.

texaslonghornsfootball🏈🏈🏈🏈🐂🐂🐂🐂 Instagram posts (photos and videos)  - Picuki.com

It's also been getting used in practice by Texas, Ohio State and Tennessee for the past year at least. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

13 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

The nike logo looks stupid and completely out of place under the collar. Why was that dumdass decision made?

Oregon just Oregoning. It'll more likely sit on the left for the other teams. 

• Like 3

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

25 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I think those are delayed, but some of the bigger Nike schools are supposed to move to the Vapor Fusion uniform this year.

Oregon's ice cold uniforms vs. rival Washington

nike vapor fusion uniforms online -

I'd like to think if Cincinnati is going with a shoulder/sleeve cap stripe design, these may be the best way to show them off.

texaslonghornsfootball🏈🏈🏈🏈🐂🐂🐂🐂 Instagram posts (photos and videos)  - Picuki.com

It's also been getting used in practice by Texas, Ohio State and Tennessee for the past year at least. 

I've lost track of the naming conventions for all of their templates but this design is a step backward with the added seams and panels. Minimalism has never really been nike's think but the current fusion something or other really is peak uniform template. With that being said, you can definitely shoehorn a 00's miami hurricanes design into this.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, hormone said:

I like this Bills move as I’m not into the gray masks when it’s not in the colors. Now the throwback look will look proper and the current look will as well. Would have preferred a blue mask, but white is better than gray and comparing to college, most teams go with the white mask on the white helmet...cause it’s icy or clean as opposed to fire. I think fire refers to a solid color monochrome. Hope it inspires the colts, lions, niners go back to color too.

If I had to guess I'd say that they will still use grey facemasks for the throwbacks, this is more for the home/road/color-rush sets

• Like 2

7 hours ago, kutztown said:

The NFL just released the proposed rule changes that the owners will be voting on.  Looks like teams will be voting on expanding the position groups who can wear single digit numbers, but unfortunately there's no mention of the one helmet rule, so my guess is we're living another year without quality throwbacks for most clubs.  

***DISCLAIMER: THIS IS NOT AN APRIL FOOLS JOKE***

I'm OK with this....

The new number rule proposal is terrible.  At that point, just get rid of all number rules except for eligible / not-eligible. And even that isn't really required since the referees count who's lined up where.

The league already looks like a bullshirt high school or college league, what with it's relaxed sock rules, no pants-length rule, and players wearing oversized undershirts that hang down to their knees.  Just go all the way and let them wear whatever number they want.

Part of me wonders why I care what number a player wears, and maybe it's just because I'm so used to knowing what position someone was by just looking at their number and even though formations are pretty chaotic, I could at least make sense of it that way.  Once you get rid of the number rules, it's just 22 seemingly-random guys on a field wearing t-shirts, biker shorts, and messed-up socks.

• Like 7

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

7 hours ago, kutztown said:

The NFL just released the proposed rule changes that the owners will be voting on.  Looks like teams will be voting on expanding the position groups who can wear single digit numbers, but unfortunately there's no mention of the one helmet rule, so my guess is we're living another year without quality throwbacks for most clubs.  

***DISCLAIMER: THIS IS NOT AN APRIL FOOLS JOKE***

I swear to God, if we never get to see Russ in the original Seahawks unis... (although based on the media hysteria he could be gone this offseason)

• Like 2

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

On 3/23/2021 at 9:27 AM, Justpassingby said:

Good morning. So that thing I said a few weeks ago? Yeah the team Bezos is buying will become public knowledge in the next ten days. No I won’t tell you how I know this so don’t even bother asking. But when it starts circulating I look forward to speculating with you all what the new uniforms will look like. 

One day to go...

• Like 12

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, aaa333bbb said:

If I had to guess I'd say that they will still use grey facemasks for the throwbacks, this is more for the home/road/color-rush sets

That’s what I was referring to. The throwback would have gray with a 60s vibe and the normal helmet would be color coordinated using the technology that’s been available for the past 50 years.

• Like 3
KISSwall09.jpg

2 hours ago, NormMacdonald said:

The Bills seriously need to just go with a blue mask

NO .... the BILLS seriously do not. Been there, done that.

With the white helmets we had the blue facemask from 1977-1983 before changing to the red helmets.

The blue facemask looked good with the white jerseys, but not good when wearing the blue jerseys.  It was overkill.

I’d just assume stick with the gray masks ... but my main issue are those stupid mono-red color-rush uniforms, I hate them!!

Also, the 1965 faux throwbacks should be worn more than just once per season.  I’d like to see the return of home throwback, and then have both versions of the AFL look, just like Miami has. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

23 minutes ago, ARTnSocal said:

NO .... the BILLS seriously do not. Been there, done that.

With the white helmets we had the blue facemask from 1977-1983 before changing to the red helmets.

The blue facemask looked good with the white jerseys, but not good when wearing the blue jerseys.  It was overkill.

I’d just assume stick with the gray masks ... but my main issue are those stupid mono-red color-rush uniforms, I hate them!!

Also, the 1965 faux throwbacks should be worn more than just once per season.  I’d like to see the return of home throwback, and then have both versions of the AFL look, just like Miami has. 

But why can’t they have different masks? The chargers do and before the jets changed, they wore gray (for a throwback) white, green, and chrome green (with color rush). I see no problem with swapping masks and that would still stay true to the “nfl brand”

• Like 6
KISSwall09.jpg