NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

Looking back at the Jags photos, it made me realize how for Reebok, they've messed around with a different placement and design of collars for the NFL shield/Equipment logo. 

Reebok initially had the NFL logo right at the tip of the black collar, a carryover from Nike. 

PH-101109981.jpg

Then they would change it with the NFL Equipment logo on a separate colored fabric and taper the collar (teams like DEN and BUF also had this).

vjvroqtiasllwqfocwys.jpg

Then when they had the uniform change, the NFL Equipment logo was placed lower onto the mesh of the uniform body which actually wasn't on the collar.  (SF, SD were a couple teams who did this too)

PH-304239954.jpg

• Like 2

Go A's!

6 hours ago, ptaylor said:

I do get the appeal (feels classic and old school) and if the on-field product continues to improve then it could work.

But man, any time someone calls them 'The Football Team' I want to vomit. Will always feel like a placeholder name to me. 

Right. This is not soccer. This is not Europe. This is American football, and  NFL teams have plural names. They need to stop with this nonsense and pick an *actual* name.  

• Like 8

1 hour ago, phutmasterflex said:

Then when they had the uniform change, the NFL Equipment logo was placed lower onto the mesh of the uniform body which actually wasn't on the collar.  (SF, SD were a couple teams who did this too)

PH-304239954.jpg

I'm still trying to forget this uniform ever existed...

• Like 8

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

If they pick a name, its going to be some kind of predatory animal or something to do with the nations capitol. And nothing will bore me more. Which is why i guess WFT doesn't bother me because at least it isn't that. Plus, based on their past name, whatever they pick will be as G rated as possible, which makes an animal an easy choice. My fear is that once they pick a name, they will basically have the branding of the Jags or Panthers in the colors of the WFT - swooshy animal head on the helmet and all. 

35 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Sure doesn't feel like one.

And yet, it is! What a trip.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I think the Washington Football Team will use that name permanently, and that's a good thing. They will make more people angry than happy with whatever name they go with, so they're better off staying generic. A name like that is unique to the Big 4 North American sports leagues and helmet numbers is a unique detail in the NFL as well.

I hope the "Cleveland Baseball Team" becomes the Cleveland Spiders, though.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lights Out said:

It really isn't. It's an obvious placeholder. It reminds me of when EA couldn't get the rights to the team names or logos for Madden 64, so they had to use just the city names.

spacer.png

It upsets me that the Foxboro team looks like the 90s Bills.

• Like 8

11 hours ago, beachperroAZ said:

Any word on if the AZ Cardinals are finally going to change their ugly reebok Fubu looking jerseys?

Drink each time someone asks this.

Two drinks each time it's asked in the Bengals thread.

• Like 19

6uXNWAo.png

6 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Drink each time someone asks this.

Two drinks each time it's asked in the Bengals thread.

Card-jacked!

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17