NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

17 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Needs white pants.

Oh, I agree. I was referring more to the overall design, but I didn't make that clear. That being said, I wouldn't be repulsed by these in mono black. Monochrome is less offensive with a new design than it is when tried with a classic look like the Bills or Chiefs.

31 minutes ago, Justpassingby said:

So Bengals and heavy rumors surrounding the Cards. Anyone else?

What "heavy rumors" surrounding the Cards?

• Like 6

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

18 minutes ago, BBTV said:

What "heavy rumors" surrounding the Cards?

Kyler and Kliff being very open about their distaste for the uniforms have fueled lots of Cards fans to speculate the only reason they’d be that opinionated publicly about them is if a change was in the works.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Justpassingby said:

Kyler and Kliff being very open about their distaste for the uniforms have fueled lots of Cards fans to speculate the only reason they’d be that opinionated publicly about them is if a change was in the works.

But that doesn’t mean they are changing this year either. They would have had to put in for the change right after drafting kyler

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, dont care said:

But that doesn’t mean they are changing this year either. They would have had to put in for the change right after drafting kyler

Last season there were a million new uniforms -- Cleveland, Atlanta, LAC, LAR, Indianapolis, Tampa Bay, New England, etc. We didn't know about all of those time last year.

Arizona has been using the same Reebok template since 2002. I don't know if there any other Reebok designs left. I highly, highly doubt Cincinnati will be the only refresh this season. Not given last season's activity, and not given Nike's general inability to keep things the same year over year.

Oh all the teams in the league, Arizona is begging for change the most. I bet this is their year.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

16 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Last season there were a million new uniforms -- Cleveland, Atlanta, LAC, LAR, Indianapolis, Tampa Bay, New England, etc. We didn't know about all of those time last year.

Arizona has been using the same Reebok template since 2002. I don't know if there any other Reebok designs left. I highly, highly doubt Cincinnati will be the only refresh this season. Not given last season's activity, and not given Nike's general inability to keep things the same year over year.

Oh all the teams in the league, Arizona is begging for change the most. I bet this is their year.

The only reebok-era designed teams left I believe are Arizona, Denver, Baltimore, Houston, Carolina. (Cincy obviously changing). 

I went through and looked at the last time teams got a new design at their uniform, which obviously applies to the 5 year rule.

Teams that have kept their look since 2012, when Nike took over, meaning are eligible for any kind of rebrand:

Cardinals, Ravens, Bills, Panthers, Bears, Cowboys, Broncos, Packers, Texans, Chiefs, Raiders, Saints, Giants, Eagles, Steelers, 49ers, Seahawks, Washington (sort-of).

2013, eligible: Vikings

2017, not eligible (4 years): Lions

2018, not eligible (3 years): Jaguars, Titans, Dolphins

2019, not eligible (2 years): Jets

2020, not eligible (1 year): Falcons, Browns, Colts, Chargers, Rams, Patriots, Buccaneers

2021: Bengals. (Washington in the future)

Removing the "legendary looks" from the eligible teams, your pool of rebrand-able teams are:

Cardinals, Ravens, Panthers, Broncos, Texans, Saints, Eagles, Seahawks, Vikings.

If I were a betting man, I'd say we get Cardinals refresh (that will likely follow a more Rams path than a Buccaneers one) and Saints fixing things up, unifying the gold and picking their normal home/away color identity. Panthers rumors will probably run wild because us nerds hate how they translated to this template, but amount to nothing.

• Like 4

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

1 hour ago, dont care said:

So is it just for the season or will it be permanently retired, just the ceremony and start of the retirement will be next season?

Just for the ‘21 season

Also, wouldn’t this only affect fullbacks?

24 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Just for the ‘21 season

Also, wouldn’t this only affect fullbacks?

Any running back, d-back, and LB can wear 44.

• Like 5

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I know there are also a few EDGE guys (DE/LB) that wear numbers in the 40s, like Josh Allen on the Jags, but I don’t know if they are subject to defensive linemen or linebacker numbers. Vic Beasley played a similar position for the Falcons a few years back and wore 44.

14 hours ago, flyersfan said:

The only reebok-era designed teams left I believe are Arizona, Denver, Baltimore, Houston, Carolina. (Cincy obviously changing). 

I went through and looked at the last time teams got a new design at their uniform, which obviously applies to the 5 year rule.

Teams that have kept their look since 2012, when Nike took over, meaning are eligible for any kind of rebrand:

Cardinals, Ravens, Bills, Panthers, Bears, Cowboys, Broncos, Packers, Texans, Chiefs, Raiders, Saints, Giants, Eagles, Steelers, 49ers, Seahawks, Washington (sort-of).

2013, eligible: Vikings

2017, not eligible (4 years): Lions

2018, not eligible (3 years): Jaguars, Titans, Dolphins

2019, not eligible (2 years): Jets

2020, not eligible (1 year): Falcons, Browns, Colts, Chargers, Rams, Patriots, Buccaneers

2021: Bengals. (Washington in the future)

Removing the "legendary looks" from the eligible teams, your pool of rebrand-able teams are:

Cardinals, Ravens, Panthers, Broncos, Texans, Saints, Eagles, Seahawks, Vikings.

If I were a betting man, I'd say we get Cardinals refresh (that will likely follow a more Rams path than a Buccaneers one) and Saints fixing things up, unifying the gold and picking their normal home/away color identity. Panthers rumors will probably run wild because us nerds hate how they translated to this template, but amount to nothing.

Technically the Texans added their logo above the nameplate 2(?) seasons ago, so they might be considered out of the running

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

18 minutes ago, MNtwins3 said:

Technically the Texans added their logo above the nameplate 2(?) seasons ago, so they might be considered out of the running

You can make minor adjustments, just not for redesigns. Like the chargers changed their NOB colors within the 5 years before they redesigned. IRRC I believe Texans added the logo on the back the first Nike year anyways so they’re fine. Also the Texans have a perfect set and shouldn’t change them.

2 hours ago, dont care said:

You can make minor adjustments, just not for redesigns. Like the chargers changed their NOB colors within the 5 years before they redesigned. IRRC I believe Texans added the logo on the back the first Nike year anyways so they’re fine. Also the Texans have a perfect set and shouldn’t change them.

Texans is alright. I think they should switch to color rush top full time and add red pants. That way, they’d actually match the logo.

• Like 1