2021-2022 NHL Jersey Changes

squamfan

10 hours ago, TheOatsMustFlow said:

Weird that the Canes use the striping from their previous away jersey instead of the current one.

Also, the Coyotes change has been known for a long time by anyone paying attention. They already presented their new head coach with a Kachina jersey at his introduction, and we've seen plenty of marketing material using the logo.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

I think he meant to ask, what do you mean by "new classic sweaters"?

1 hour ago, NYRFan said:

Can you explain what this means in greater detail? 

in the first 4-5 minutes of this video he says it.

@2:50

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, squamfan said:

in the first 4-5 minutes of this video he says it.

Yeah around the 2:55  mark he does talk about more coming this year and adding them to the collection. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 minutes ago, squamfan said:

but he said he doesn't know the colours that would be used

He said he's looking forward to adding new classics "depending on colors and all that wonderful stuff" which doesn't automatically mean RRs in my view; he could be worried about colors in his collection (and collectors are aware of their color distribution). He could be thinking about home/away colors (though if he saw the listing he'd probably know). 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I know this is icing on the cake for what we all know and I'm not some reporter, but at ArtCraft Sports today (the Coyotes official customizer) I was flat out told they'll be using a white kachina next season and shown the maroon numbers that had just been cut. Interestingly she told me that they'll be keeping the red howling head as their alternate, so it won't be going away completely, similar to what the Flames did last year. 

• Like 7

Speaking of Flames, I don't understand why kept their old primary homes by using as their alternates. 

I'd rather them had a WHA Cowboys-inspired jersey than a outdated piping jersey.

spacer.png

Replace both the shoulder logos with flaming "C" and give a "Western" font for numbers, swap the white with cream.  

And you now had a jersey which is a tribute to the Cowboys and the Stampede.

• Like 3

FyVfBOy.png

Sc4Eo24.png

28 minutes ago, Eastport76 said:

Speaking of Flames, I don't understand why kept their old primary homes by using as their alternates. 

Because if Popowich's word means anything, the organization likes having the Black C around;

“The third jersey, like you know, is just our former home jersey, which will hold that place for now, because we feel very, very strongly that we need a black “C” version for the foreseeable future, at least,” Popowich added. “But, yeah, that jersey needs to be updated. So, there is going to be a [cycle] of where Adidas will be updating their technology, so, there’ll be a chance for, probably, the third jersey program to be updated here very, very soon, like, within the next two seasons for sure.”

I wouldn't be shocked if their first third jersey coming out of this rebrand is an Adidasified version of the 2004 red jersey for that reason; it keeps the black C in the rotation.

• Like 2

EDIT: It's been a long day.

• Like 3
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

2 hours ago, Eastport76 said:

2 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

Because if Popowich's word means anything, the organization likes having the Black C around;

I wouldn't be shocked if their first third jersey coming out of this rebrand is an Adidasified version of the 2004 red jersey for that reason; it keeps the black C in the rotation.

Icethetic's Jersey Watch says the Flames aren't going to have an alternate this season and the Black C jerseys are on a 50% off sale right now on the Flames/CSEC teams store.

The Jersey Watch does say that one is planned for 2022-23 though, so the Black C might still come back.

2 hours ago, Eastport76 said:

I'd rather them had a WHA Cowboys-inspired jersey than a outdated piping jersey.

spacer.png

Replace both the shoulder logos with flaming "C" and give a "Western" font for numbers, swap the white with cream.  

And you now had a jersey which is a tribute to the Cowboys and the Stampede.

One issue with wearing a Cowboys jersey is that the Cowboys jersey is just a Blackhawks jersey without the black. The Flames also haven't ever, directly, acknowledged the Cowboys either and the old Stampede Corral itself is rubble now, so tying it in with the closure of the rink is gone.

I say directly because the Hitmen played three games at the Corral two years ago now and wore Cowboys jerseys in one of the games. (The other two jerseys were the Wranglers and Centennials, old WHL franchises who also played in the Corral)

Hitmen1-1-730x487.jpg

• Like 2

IbjBaeE.png