2021-2022 NHL Jersey Changes

squamfan

44 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Weren't the seals teal? That looks like forest green 😕

The Seals were many colors and names throughout their short, chaotic history; they were originally kelly green/white/blue as the California Seals, then renamed to the Oakland Seals, then renamed again to California Golden Seals when they moved to kelly green/gold/white after Finley bought them in the 70's and later recolored again to teal/yellow/white for their final two seasons.

The Seals were not a very stable brand, to be mild. 😛

33 minutes ago, dont care said:

A sharks and a seals jersey? This makes no sense. Who would wear a seals jerseys other than the sharks?

These are new Team Classics jerseys, not on-ice jerseys.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Weren't the seals teal? That looks like forest green 😕

That specific jersey is from while Charlie O. Finley owned the team. While he owned them, the A's, and the Memphis Tams of the ABA he matched up their color schemes of kelly green and gold. He even had the Seals wear white skates for a bit!

• Like 3

the user formerly known as cdclt

49 minutes ago, TBGKon said:

So how do the Classic series jerseys work?  Are they worn in game, pregame, or just for sale to fans?

Team Classics are just a line of retail throwbacks on the traditional CCM-style cut.

• Like 3

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

49 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

Team Classics are just a line of retail throwbacks on the traditional CCM-style cut.

Just for clarity - current retail classics will continue to be made in addition to the new ones, correct? It's not a new set phasing out the old set...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

11 hours ago, QCS said:

I'd love to see the Stars acknowledge their true history and wear a Seals or Barons sweater.

Except technically the Seals/Barons franchise de-merged from the North Stars in 1991 and became the Sharks.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

The Seals were many colors and names throughout their short, chaotic history; they were originally kelly green/white/blue as the California Seals, then renamed to the Oakland Seals, then renamed again to California Golden Seals when they moved to kelly green/gold/white after Finley bought them in the 70's and later recolored again to teal/yellow/white for their final two seasons.

They also played 2 games as the Bay Area Seals

52 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Devils: bringing back the red and green throwback?

Penguins: double blue throwback?

Jets: probably just one of the WC jerseys promoted to full time? Which is a shame imo, I loved the light blue 3rd with the Jets script

LA: no idea

My guess is that the Devils and LA are just replacing their current alts with their Reverse Retros. Maybe the Pens are doing the same. Jets...maybe a 90's throwback?

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

My guess is that the Devils and LA are just replacing their current alts with their Reverse Retros. Maybe the Pens are doing the same. Jets...maybe a 90's throwback?

We have word that its just a retail line of jerseys, not an on ice sweater.

4 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

Devils and LA, I'd be more than okay with that. Pens, yeah I guess the RR is slightly better than the gold 3rd. They're both very "meh" imo. Jets, hell yeah. That would be nice!

5 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

Maybe @andrewharrington knows. Is there an official policy on Adidas ending the Reverse Retro campaign entirely? Haven't seen or heard anything.

Originally, we heard the RR could change every season. Can teams even adopt a RR as an alt if they so choose?

6 minutes ago, NYRFan said:

Can teams even adopt a RR as an alt if they so choose?

My assumption is that RR's are being treated like any other event jersey and teams can chose to adopt them as full-time alternates next season if they so desire, like what Boston did with their 2016 Winter Classic jersey being adopted as their alt the next season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, clonewars2008 said:

The NHL needs to bring back the CCM vintage sweater line and get all the pre-O6 teams like the Tigers, Americans, Pirates, Quakers, Bulldogs, Wanderers, Eagles, as those are all the ones I’m missing. 

I would buy a Montreal Maroons sweater.