2021-2022 NHL Jersey Changes

squamfan

I agree the Wild’s Winter Classic sweater is amazing, perfectly matching the 1930’s aesthetic they were going for. 

I think the Jersey Jersey is by far the worst jersey released this year, with the Smashville one a close second. It’s just too tacky with the name on the front. As for the Bolts, sure it’s pushing the envelope just a little bit, but it’s the stadium series, it’s fine for that game. I mean neither are the worst Stadium Series jerseys either. We had the Avalanche wearing bibs remember? 

And aesthetically, nothing has been as bad as the Thrashers red alternate…

• Like 1

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Just now, IceCap said:

The SMASHVILLE sweater. It's my easy choice for worst NHL sweater of all time. 

Gotcha. Honestly I find the Bolts jersey worse because even if you swapped the dumb script for a logo, it'd still look like hot garbage for all the reasons I stated earlier.

The Smashville jersey itself looks okay, with the usual sabretooth head logo, it would have been perfectly fine I think. Maybe a bit boring but not offensively bad

Arguing about which jersey is worse is kinda pointless as they're both terrible 🤣

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chcarlson23 said:

I mean, I'd argue for the infamous "DALLAS" jerseys as far as that goes. How do you take a team who's most prominent historic color is green and remove almost all of the green on their jerseys? 😛

• Like 4

I mean, I think the Smashville jersey is worse than the Jersey jersey, solely because the Jersey jersey still looks classy and relatively good, albeit boring and derivative of the Blackhawks.

3 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

This is the correct take. There are some jerseys that have come close, (Dallas Edge jerseys and Islanders first black alts come to mind) but none of them have been quite as ugly as those Thrashers alts.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Gotcha. Honestly I find the Bolts jersey worse because even if you swapped the dumb script for a logo, it'd still look like hot garbage for all the reasons I stated earlier.

The Smashville jersey itself looks okay, with the usual sabretooth head logo, it would have been perfectly fine I think. Maybe a bit boring but not offensively bad

Arguing about which jersey is worse is kinda pointless as they're both terrible 🤣

You can’t take the crest away and determine the quality of the jersey based on that because it is the most prominent part of the jersey. It’s the same reason people couldn’t say the bucs had an ok jersey if you changed from the alarm clock numbers because they were the most prominent part of those jerseys. Smash ville is ridiculous and is without a doubt the worst crest to ever be put on a sweater. It’s even worse than wild wing, or Burger King.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, dont care said:

You can’t take the crest away and determine the quality of the jersey based on that because it is the most prominent part of the jersey. It’s the same reason people couldn’t say the bucs had an ok jersey if you changed from the alarm clock numbers because they were the most prominent part of those jerseys. Smash ville is ridiculous and is without a doubt the worst crest to ever be put on a sweater. It’s even worse than wild wing, or Burger King.

My point is that the Smashville script ruins an otherwise perfectly fine and traditional hockey jersey with horizontal striping. If they had released the same exact jersey but with their regular logo on it, do you think it would have been so poorly received? Not a chance

The Bolts jersey on the other hand is an asymmetrical mess that looks like an 8 year old's drawing, let alone the dumb nickname logo/script, which to me automatically makes it worse than Nashville's jersey. You can't even redeem it by slapping a normal hockey logo on it, it's that bad

Not sure what you're talking about here, this has nothing to do with what I'm saying

8 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

My point is that the Smashville script ruins an otherwise perfectly fine and traditional hockey jersey with horizontal striping. If they had released the same exact jersey but with their regular logo on it, do you think it would have been so poorly received? Not a chance

The Bolts jersey on the other hand is an asymmetrical mess that looks like an 8 year old's drawing, let alone the dumb nickname logo/script, which to me automatically makes it worse than Nashville's jersey. You can't even redeem it by slapping a normal hockey logo on it, it's that bad

Not sure what you're talking about here, this has nothing to do with what I'm saying

lol what?

the lightning jersey is 100x better than Nashvilles.  

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

It has everything to do with what you’re saying. You are saying a jersey is good except for the crest but you just can’t do that. The crest is the most important and most prominent part. It is the main part of any jersey and when that part is as ridiculous as “Smash Ville” it becomes the worst jersey to ever exist.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CreamSoda said:

lol what?

the lightning jersey is 100x better than Nashvilles.  

In the same way dog vomit is 100x better than human excrement?

I'm not just talking about the logos here, I'm talking about the uniforms. They both suck but at least the Preds jersey looks like a hockey jersey, and from the nosebleeds or on a small TV, if you squint hard, it might even look semi-decent. The Bolts jersey is just the average Stadium Series "futuristic" garbage. I have nothing nice to say about it

5 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

In the same way dog vomit is 100x better than human excrement?

I'm not just talking about the logos here, I'm talking about the uniforms. They both suck but at least the Preds jersey looks like a hockey jersey, and from the nosebleeds or on a small TV, if you squint hard, it might even look semi-decent. The Bolts jersey is just the average Stadium Series "futuristic" garbage. I have nothing nice to say about it

“If I can barely see it then it doesn’t look bad”

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dont care said:

It has everything to do with what you’re saying. You are saying a jersey is good except for the crest but you just can’t do that. The crest is the most important and most prominent part. It is the main part of any jersey and when that part is as ridiculous as “Smash Ville” it becomes the worst jersey to ever exist.

I can't do that? Says who? You? I absolutely can say that if both jerseys were blank, Nashville's would be better because traditional horizontal striping will always look better than asymmetrical futuristic gimmicky crap and I'm not exclusively fixating on the logo like you are. I can absolutely say that an easy fix would have been to just use the regular logo since the jersey itself isn't that bad

You're just arguing for the sake or arguing, don't bother replying I'm done with you

3 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

The Bolts jersey is just the average Stadium Series "futuristic" garbage. I have nothing nice to say about it

It's nontraditional, but I'd hardly decry it as "terrible" just because it's not a bog-standard template design. I mean, it's design is fairly similar to one of the most iconic Team Canada jerseys ever made, and nobody really calls this "futuristic garbage";

spacer.png

The differences between Nashville's overly-designed mess and Tampa's more refined design are pretty evident; Tampa's had a clear vision and method behind it, where it looks like Nashville tried to do a bunch of different ideas all at once and whiffed on all of them.

• Like 6

Remember when the worst thing about the original Stadium Series jerseys was the oversized numbers and chrome logos?

Those were the days…

• Like 8

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)