2021-2022 NHL Jersey Changes

squamfan

1 hour ago, M4One said:

I don't think it's a new alternate jersey.  I just don't see the Leafs using a black jersey, even for an alternate.  As a fashion jersey, especially if it is a collab with OVO, then I can see that happening.  Could be just a custom jersey Bieber had gotten made up for himself.

But, I would almost put money down that it is a collab with OVO now.  The Leafs did one with Bieber last year.

I have no problem with fashion jerseys, I just hope they never actually wear those in a game. Either way, we will find out soon enough!

1 hour ago, spartacat_12 said:

Oooh, this is a vast improvement on the old one. It's much simpler and keeps the Cup and year as the prominent logo elements while letting the text and league logo be separate elements that can be easily removed for different purposes, instead of trying to cram everything onto one design. I like the new font, too, feels very classy and is much nicer than the gradiented one they had before.

I'm guessing the patch on the jerseys will just be the Cup and year part, which should look pretty darn nice as well.

• Like 9

Just a quick note re: the Stadium Series game. Noticed something interesting at the pregame tailgate:

spacer.png

Looks like there was an attempt to make at least the sleeve numbers look "distressed" like wood type print. Didn't get a shot of the back of this inflatable, but it may be safe to assume those numerals would've looked the same.

I'm really curious though, would adidas accomplished this effect with something other than tackle twill?

---

New SCF logo looks awesome. Can't wait to see the full package!

16 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

This is great. The Cup is such an iconic image that it isn't necessary to distract from it with a wordmark. And I was never a fan of italic letters on a patch with straight elements. 

• Like 1

Based on all of the pictures and video I’ve seen of them being worn on the ice yesterday, the weird dis-colored white spots underneath the arms of the Sabres Heritage Classic jerseys do not seem to be there like they were in the original promo photos. Must have just been an error in that one or maybe they fixed it?

The Blues wore their Winter Classic unis against Nashville yesterday, and that vintage white color kinda looks like Bone in bright arena lighting. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, aaa333bbb said:

Based on all of the pictures and video I’ve seen of them being worn on the ice yesterday, the weird dis-colored white spots underneath the arms of the Sabres Heritage Classic jerseys do not seem to be there like they were in the original promo photos. Must have just been an error in that one or maybe they fixed it?

It was likely just lighting between the different materials making one look whiter when hit at a certain angle.

But can't 3rd parties still sell merch with just the T? Most people don't have the attention to detail that is commonly seen on these boards, so I doubt they'd care about a shirt missing a barely visible ARENAS wordmark.

20 hours ago, dont care said:

It was likely just lighting between the different materials making one look whiter when hit at a certain angle.

No, it’s legitimately difficult to match sublimated fabric with dyed fabric. 

3 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

But can't 3rd parties still sell merch with just the T? Most people don't have the attention to detail that is commonly seen on these boards, so I doubt they'd care about a shirt missing a barely visible ARENAS wordmark.

I think the University of Toronto is the main obstacle there.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]