2021-2022 NHL Jersey Changes

squamfan

Oh yeah anyway these are absolutely terrible inside and out. Possibly the league's new low. Dougie Gilmour never would have stood for this. [plays invisible piano in cramped single-camera studio]

• Like 3

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I hate these and love these at the same time. I’m not even fully sure how to explain it. The black with the royal blue accents somehow looks great together. And I usually hate black and blue color schemes, but I like this jersey. And the fact that it’s reversible is fun. 

And I hate the fact that this 100+ year old franchise that’s been nearly exclusively royal blue and white, is coming out with a black jersey. But I also love it…

🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

15 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

Sadly the early reaction I've seen online & among my Leaf fan friends has been mostly positive. And anyone who has criticized them has just been called a sour boomer.

i dont want to live on this planet anymore GIF

Naturally, if you don't like something that may be popular on social media, you are called a Boomer. Even if you were born well after the 1960s. Such original criticism. 

• Like 1

On 3/22/2022 at 9:37 PM, the admiral said:

Oh yeah anyway these are absolutely terrible inside and out. Possibly the league's new low. Dougie Gilmour never would have stood for this. [plays invisible piano in cramped single-camera studio]

https://www.instagram.com/p/CbeAxa3gGpK/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CbeAxa3gGpK/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

• Applause 2

On 3/22/2022 at 6:35 PM, M4One said:

Alternates can be worn a total of 15 games.  I think that includes a permanent alternate and a vintage jersey or outdoor game jerseys.  Four games is probably the minimum number a jersey must be worn.

As for the Leafs new alt...glad I'm not a Leafs fan.  As other have said, as a fashion jersey only, okay.  As a one off, maybe.  But as a full time alternate, nope.

Thank god they have a 2 game restriction on throwback jerseys so we don't have to suffer through those blue and green abomination on the Hurricanes more than we already do.

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

7 minutes ago, riccirulesall said:

What was probably a pre-planned photo op doesn't indicate his approval.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

morgan-rielly-matt-hunwick-mike-cammalle

leafs-devils-blackwell.jpg

This made me sad. 

The Lightning look more like the Leafs than the Leafs do. The Leafs look more like the Lightning than the Lightning do. This is madness. 

• Like 3

PvO6ZWJ.png