CS85

NFL Offseason 2021: Ride the QB Carousel of Horror

Recommended Posts

Welp, Brady won a title, whoopee-doo.

 

Draft's not for a couple months.  QBs on the move everywhere.  Stafford to the Rams, Goff to the Lions, and chances are Wentz will be a Bear, Watson, Darnold, Gardner Minshew, Cam Newton, Fitzmagic, and who the hell else will be shotgunned across the league in a bizarro-world 2021 season.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

>Marty Schottenheimer dead

 

Go win some championships in heaven, Marty. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gonna be curious to see when Goodell forces Houston to give Rasputin the ol' heave ho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, rams80 said:

Gonna be curious to see when Goodell forces Houston to give Rasputin the ol' heave ho.

 

 

Is there a precedent for that?  I feel like bad ownership in the NFL is regularly ignored, if not outright tolerated.

 

 

edit:  I know it's really, really bad, but still.  I don't see the league intervening at all.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But isn’t O’Brien responsible for some of those? Getting rid of him should be viewed as a positive, and remove some of those from that list. At least one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we please just have the Oilers back? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, FiddySicks said:

Can we please just have the Oilers back? 

 

Team swap time! Send the Titans back to Houston (as the Oilers) and the Texans to Nashville (as the Hound Dogs, because that name is perfect for this lolcow franchise).

 

No team should've moved after the merger, except the Raiders to LA and the Cardinals to Arizona.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Screw Nashville. Move em to Memphis. They need to build some character, anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Texans are on fire right now, and not in the good way.

 

Also, I'll be the first to say it here......Watt to Tampa?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TBGKon said:

Texans are on fire right now, and not in the good way.

 

Also, I'll be the first to say it here......Watt to Tampa?

No cap room, and who will they take playing time from? I know they have to resign a bunch of the front 7 but to think most of them won’t be back is crazy. He want to play with his brothers in Pittsburg 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, dont care said:

No cap room, and who will they take playing time from? I know they have to resign a bunch of the front 7 but to think most of them won’t be back is crazy. He want to play with his brothers in Pittsburg 


They do have quite a few guys to resign, but they also have something like $50 million in cap space, so technically it could be doable. They would probably have to let Godwin walk, which I don’t like, but I do understand. 
 

I’m not really sure why they would want to, though. They could resign Shaq Barrett for probably less money, and he’s a better fit for that system. I also think he’s trending in a better direction than Watt, too. I mean, OF COURSE Watt would be a fantastic addition to any defense, but for the cost and with his injury history, they may be better off just trying to keep their core intact. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, FiddySicks said:


They do have quite a few guys to resign, but they also have something like $50 million in cap space, so technically it could be doable. They would probably have to let Godwin walk, which I don’t like, but I do understand. 
 

I’m not really sure why they would want to, though. They could resign Shaq Barrett for probably less money, and he’s a better fit for that system. I also think he’s trending in a better direction than Watt, too. I mean, OF COURSE Watt would be a fantastic addition to any defense, but for the cost and with his injury history, they may be better off just trying to keep their core intact. 

Exactly, and I don’t see him taking a discount unless it’s to be with his brothers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, dont care said:

Exactly, and I don’t see him taking a discount unless it’s to be with his brothers

There's no discount in the world that's going to make that work given Pittsburgh's cap situation.

 

17 hours ago, BBTV said:

But isn’t O’Brien responsible for some of those? Getting rid of him should be viewed as a positive, and remove some of those from that list. At least one. 

So apparently BOB was just a symptom of the disease, not the cause. Jack Easterby's been slowly strangling this team for a few years now, and it's only recently become obvious.

 

On one hand it's fascinating to watch one man with no qualifications bend a multi-billion dollar organization to his will...on the other hand he's pretty much destroyed what was once a consistent playoff contender.

 

Honestly? As much as it would :censored: with my preferences for how team history is handled? @FiddySicks and @rams80 are right. The NFL needs to Ctl-Z the whole Texans franchise. Bring back the Oilers, banish Easterby to the Megachurch circuit, and we can all move on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.