2021-22 NBA Changes

8 hours ago, kimball said:

They made it even worse a couple years ago with this subtle change …

okc-thunder-new-uniform-compare-590x703.

Looks like a huge improvement to me.  Orange trim and fewer words completely fix the wordmark and number and make it match and pop.

• Like 6

On 7/15/2021 at 3:33 PM, Shadojoker said:

Nets uniforms are so plain it's ridiculous they have gone this long without a rebrand. Same for OKC. Especially since they both have such a good brand to build off of.

As far as team name, I can't think of a worse brand than Nets. Inanimate equipment that only lends itself to way-too-on-the-nose netting designs.

I've come to realize an alt jersey can clash completely, doesn't need the same palette as the primaries. Black and white primaries with RWB 70s/80s stripes alt works. 

Though I'd still like a full Dodgers crossover edition. Blue cursive Brooklyn on simple grays.  Especially since gray and cursive both have been used in New Jersey Nets unis.

3 hours ago, chakfu said:

The part on top reinforces my opinion that the primary logo is a piston in a chamber en face.

I’ve looked everywhere to try and find a piston head that looks like that and I can’t. It’s a basketball, only people who say that is suppose to be a piston have never really seen one before.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, chakfu said:

The part on top reinforces my opinion that the primary logo is a piston in a chamber en face.

No opinion needed, that was a fact on the Bad Boys era logo.

Staying on the Pistons, is there anything to this that you know of @Conrad.? Or just an inaccurate render? Not sure I’d dig a Knicks-esque City edition court.

34-A8043-D-E448-45-E3-9969-65854057832-E

https://www.nba.com/pistons/tickets/courtside-club

2 hours ago, projectjohn said:

Staying on the Pistons, is there anything to this that you know of @Conrad.? Or just an inaccurate render? Not sure I’d dig a Knicks-esque City edition court.

I'm almost 100% certain that's just a lazy render, since the court itself is not the main thing being rendered. If anything, the main court for sure will be the same, but i GUESS it could be an alternate court, but they've never done that and it seems highly unlikely.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, dont care said:

What teams aren’t? Just because they can doesn’t mean they are going to or should.

I've seen multiple Mavs uni tracker accounts on twitter confirm these will be back for a third season.

spacer.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Primzahl said:

I've seen multiple Mavs uni tracker accounts on twitter confirm these will be back for a third season.

spacer.png

If they want to wear navy they should bring back the old navy primaries. It uses the same template as their current royal blue primaries

2 hours ago, O.C.D said:

If they want to wear navy they should bring back the old navy primaries. It uses the same template as their current royal blue primaries

Nah that template needs to die. Ugly piping

• Like 7

Excellent!

20 hours ago, Conrad. said:

I'm almost 100% certain that's just a lazy render, since the court itself is not the main thing being rendered. If anything, the main court for sure will be the same, but i GUESS it could be an alternate court, but they've never done that and it seems highly unlikely.

Saw this on Reddit. Not sure how reliable it is..

https://www.reddit.com/r/DetroitPistons/comments/ono5i3/ticket_reps_are_confirming_new_court_for_2122/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Assume it would be a City edition as mentioned. Changing the classic court would be a disaster..

• Like 3

If the Bucks win the title tomorrow are we going to be stuck with their Soviet Bloc font forever?

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

2 hours ago, TenaciousG said:

If the Bucks win the title tomorrow are we going to be stuck with their Soviet Bloc font forever?

Winning a title before didn’t stop them from changing their color scheme 4 times, so I doubt it. Although I am a fan of the home and away.

• Like 3

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

On 7/17/2021 at 12:50 AM, Berlin Wall said:

The Thunder really just took the old Warriors lightning identity and threw some sky blue in it.

efe615c4-0001-0004-0000-000000692176_w94

oct-2001-gilbert-arenas-of-the-golden-st

It's funny that only one of these teams has used lightning iconography in their brand, and it isn't the one named the Thunder. 

I don't mind the colours, but I think they dropped the ball by not including any sort of bison logos in their set. This concept by Sean McCarthy is pretty much perfect, and wouldn't require a complete rebrand.

spacer.png

• Like 2

3 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

It's funny that only one of these teams has used lightning iconography in their brand, and it isn't the one named the Thunder. 

I don't mind the colours, but I think they dropped the ball by not including any sort of bison logos in their set. This concept by Sean McCarthy is pretty much perfect, and wouldn't require a complete rebrand.

spacer.png

Native American imagery is kinda a no-no these days, I doubt OKC would be able to get away with this.