2021-22 NBA Changes

1 hour ago, gosioux76 said:

The Classic Edition line already existed, but only for a limited number of teams: Lakers (powder blue), Nets (Drazen Petrovic tye-dye) and Grizzlies (initial Memphis designs) were among the teams that had them last year. 

I wonder if it's only a three-teams-a-year kind of thing and these are the three for 2021-22?

I think what @jb1322is alluding to, is that Classic Edition was supposedly not happening in lieu of the City/Mashup(?) Edition because of the 75th anniversary.  Who knows? Maybe it's just for the teams just celebrating their 75th anniversaries? 

• Like 6

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Yeah, I think it's interesting to see Nike rollout the classic Nike/swoosh wordmark for throwback sets. I know Nike uses it pretty liberally on its retro/reissue footwear and lifestyle apparel, but I haven't seen it so much on team-branded performance products.  

They use it on US soccer on field uniforms, which I always found odd, but I like it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jb1322 said:

YVqvxmR.png

Looking like we might be getting classic editions in addition to the city unis. 

Are these all of the projected Classics, or only 3 that were made public?

Would make sense to see a Toronto Huskies one if the Classic "theme" for next year is early franchise throwbacks. 

• Like 4

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The Classic Edition line already existed, but only for a limited number of teams: Lakers (powder blue), Nets (Drazen Petrovic tye-dye) and Grizzlies (initial Memphis designs) were among the teams that had them last year. 

I wonder if it's only a three-teams-a-year kind of thing and these are the three for 2021-22?

The Mavericks were a fourth team that wore Classics last year, so it's not three-teams-a-year. 

In 19/20, I think 7 teams had Classics. 

• Like 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

No idea if it's real or not, but it seems like these are those jerseys leaked earlier:

The three original franchises left (Celtics, Knicks, and Warriors) all got these uniforms based on classic designs.  Celtics is based on their original set:

tumblr_pvavb8WAUB1wulfg9o1_1280.png

Knicks seem to be using their 1946-1953 home set:

1616271e6ba0a947ed4f735c12fb65102a961c86.png

And of course, the Warriors are using a modified '61/62 road set, with "Warriors" in place of "Phila".

cca47f92c24e662231b7c290d5f3112600d595cd.png

• Like 12

the user formerly known as cdclt

3 hours ago, projectjohn said:

Why do I like that Primary Court? I know I shouldn't, especially when the only court the Pistons should have is this ...

56700100.jpeg 

• Like 4

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

So here are the tweets directly from the Knicks and Celtics announcing those jerseys. It looks like it's just the Celtics, Knicks and Warriors doing the "Classic" since they started in 1947. 

• Like 3

kimball banner.png

17 minutes ago, kimball said:

Why do I like that Primary Court? I know I shouldn't, especially when the only court the Pistons should have is this ...

56700100.jpeg 

I think I could be more on board with it if it didn’t have that giant superimposed logo. Maybe red keys too instead of the whole no paint thing which is best left to the mid 2000s, kind of an inverse of the (sadly) now old court. Let’s not talk about the 313 court..

It feels like everything the Pistons do with their branding is catering to the 15 year old crowd on Instagram, chasing fire emojis.

• Like 6

The word marks on the Knicks and Celtics are so bizarrely small? Kinda ruins it for me, too bad as I really have loved the use of both of those wordmarks if done right. Though this is the throwback I hoped for the Celtics in the Adidas sleeved jersey era, so, that’s nice.

• Like 2

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Makes sense that the Celtics, Knicks and Warriors get throwbacks for the 75th Anniversary. They did it for the 50th Anniversary too in 1996-97.

I find it pretty funny that the Celtics are throwing back to when they wore sleeves in 1946 but the sleeved uniforms no longer exist. If there was ONE time and I mean only ONE TIME for that dumb idea to return then this would have been it.

• Like 6

bSLCtu2.png

2 hours ago, IceCap said:

I...I...like it 😳

It could be so much worse. The font mismatch and the number ring are meh, but the striping on the sides and trim is excellent. Even the font issue isn’t as bad as it could be (the Nash set using City Bold). I’ll defend it.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, jb1322 said:

New pistons court ?

What the hell are these? Easily the worst courts in a league right now.

15 hours ago, kimball said:

Missed opportunity to do this what adidas didn't (sleeves). BTW Look at NBA logo on shorts, someone flipped colors.

• Like 1

4r2eer.png