2021-22 NBA Changes

1 hour ago, DJT said:

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

These match the black statement jerseys, but not sure if they are legit. Also a remix jersey a year too late?

That unused mixtape jersey should be what the Jazz wear till the end of time. 

I like that the white one still has the number nestled under the note.  Don’t like how bland the other two jerseys look to be.

• Like 2

Never liked Jazz jerseys with just the J-note and the number (basketball jerseys need a wordmark, 100% of the time) but I can't believe that highlighter yellow is going to be the "dark" jerseys. Looks awful. Single-layer everything too, I'm really worried about the color balance for these.

• Like 3

the user formerly known as cdclt

2 hours ago, DJT said:

spacer.png

my thoughts: 

mavericks just looks like a desperation move. no reason they should be wearing black and white

golden state looks better for a city jersey. navy's not even part of their main branding. and did they just not get a new statement jersey recently?

clippers are... kinda cool? i feel like the palm tree leaf design sort of clashes with the old english style wordmark. but i guess it's better than their current rectangle logo jersey

lakers looks like a pointless change. just when you thought there was already enough black on their current statement jerseys.

grizzlies look fine. seems like they just changed the wordmark a bit. missed opportunity to add the MEM pattern on the arm holes though 

utah i don't know what the heck is going on here. could have at least made the collar yellow or add like a line of yellow on the side. maybe their shorts will be cool though

• Like 1

IMG-7122.gif

I figured people would eventually catch on, but i guess it needs to be said outright: take your discussion of today's leaks over to the 2022/23 thread please. thanks.

on topic: the only thing applying to this season is that leak of the unused Jazz remix jersey. i wish they woulda gone with that instead of another year of Red Rocks...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Conrad. said:

I figured people would eventually catch on, but i guess it needs to be said outright: take your discussion of today's leaks over to the 2022/23 thread please. thanks.

on topic: the only thing applying to this season is that leak of the unused Jazz remix jersey. i wish they woulda gone with that instead of another year of Red Rocks...

Oh whoops. I was wondering why no one was posting them in here haha. My bad. 

And agree that Utah remix is a fun one. 

20 hours ago, DJT said:

These match the black statement jerseys, but not sure if they are legit. Also a remix jersey a year too late?

That unused city should have been used and should be the basis of a new set. Instead we're going to get boring and plain jerseys with black and yellow for no apparent reason.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2022 at 7:22 PM, DJT said:

What’s going on with that bottom picture? Is it another white jersey with a yellow filter? Or is it so bright it’s messing with the cameras brightness levels and making different areas of the jersey different colors from off-white to piss stain yellow, to volt.

On 2/22/2022 at 5:22 PM, DJT said:

OMG. The mixtape's different from what I predicted. Looks pretty good though.

Speaking of, here's a uniform concept I did a few months ago that I decided not to show initially because I didn't (still don't but I'm willing to know your thoughts) have time to deal with tweaks based on feedback:

9EpY9Wm.jpg

Here's my write-up:

I decided to emphasize the Jazz potentially using black and yellow in the future. I also based it loosely on the Jazz’ current City uniforms. Aside from that, there a few elements on the uniform representing all logo eras. These are:

·      1979-96 era: Tiny “Jazz” wordmark logo on the middle top portion of the shorts.

·      1996-2004 era: “Utah” wordmark and surname font. (If the “Toronto” Raptors can do it, so can the Jazz. Let’s just say I tried my best LOL.)

·      2004-10 era: Uniform template seen on light and dark uniforms. I just Nike-fied it.

·      2010-16 era: Numbers font.

·      2016-present era: “Utah” city colours sans a few shades of red.

Here's the court:

yxK8qwT.jpg

• Like 1