2021-22 NBA Changes

First four games of every non 1-8 playoff series are up on LockerVision. A few things of note so far.

Exclusively city editions at home for the Bucks, and black uniforms on the road.

Utah alternating between classic whites and red rocks.

Denver using Mile High City uniforms twice, and city uniforms once.

Golden State going city jerseys Game 1.

Wolves wearing city jerseys twice.

Sixers using city jerseys as primary road uniforms.

Nets in city jerseys for Game 4 v. Celtics, rest of the games feature at least one team in black.

Will update as more roll in.

• Like 1

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

On 4/13/2022 at 4:28 PM, dont care said:

In 2025 the golden state warriors will be presented the chuck cooper trophy presented by KIA.

Feels like the endgame, yeah. They would have thought of this sooner if the point weren't to create more inventory.

Back when the five-divisions-of-six realignment model was popular, I suggested that the league just sell the naming rights of the third round. "The Time Warner Championship Series Presented By Kia" and so forth.  We'll get there one day.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

2 hours ago, Froob said:

T Wolves need to scrap their current set for a new one built around the cities, way way better

Yes...they do. They can even keep the navy backs they way they are now. The one thing they might can stand to do is eliminate the extra silver keylines on the scripts and numbers, but other than that...yeah, they carry that forward as their permanent primary identity (inasmuch as anything is either permanent or private in the NBA these days), and they'll instantly vault to the top of the league in terms of aesthetics.

• Like 4

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

8 hours ago, the admiral said:

Feels like the endgame, yeah. They would have thought of this sooner if the point weren't to create more inventory.

Back when the five-divisions-of-six realignment model was popular, I suggested that the league just sell the naming rights of the third round. "The Time Warner Championship Series Presented By Kia" and so forth.  We'll get there one day.

Heck, we already officially have a G-League instead of the D-League.  The NBA won't change its name because it is itself a brandname, but just like MSNBC started out as Microsoft working with NBC, maybe we will have the NBApple or NISSANBA or more Idoocracy-like branding everywhere.  The number 1 was brought to you by McDonald's.

It’s dawning on me that these are the last days of the Jazz navy/gold/green and (presumably) redrock. I’m honestly torn between “good riddance” and “but oh crap,  black and highlighter”. Sigh.

Oh, and count me in as a fan of the Minnesota mashups. I love everything about them. I’ll admit I’ve actually come around to the primary set a fair bit, but the mashup set is really what they should be wearing full-time.

• Like 2

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

12 hours ago, flyersfan said:

Yeah, some city uniforms are in team colors, but they shouldn't be allowed in the postseason imo. let the iconic moments be in the uniforms the teams decided to brand around

Normally I’d agree but since they’re all (mostly) mashups of history it’s fine.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

It’s dawning on me that these are the last days of the Jazz navy/gold/green and (presumably) redrock. I’m honestly torn between “good riddance” and “but oh crap,  black and highlighter”. Sigh.

Oh, and count me in as a fan of the Minnesota mashups. I love everything about them. I’ll admit I’ve actually come around to the primary set a fair bit, but the mashup set is really what they should be wearing full-time.

I thought navy, gold, and green were a nice medium between the New Orleans origins and them finally picking and staying with a color scheme after changing so much. Who's to say they'll stick with this black and yellow? I've mentioned before that it would be nice to have a black and gold NBA team, but it really depends on how Utah utilizes it.

• Like 2

On 4/13/2022 at 2:25 PM, pepis21 said:

I wouldn't be suprised if they redesigned trophy base since they already made a few new trophies in this season including divisional:

Wouldn't it make a lot more sense to name these trophies after players who actually played for any of the teams in their respective divisions? I don't understand how a former Celtics, Hawks and Pistons player is supposed to relate to the Pacific Division.

• Like 2

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

1 hour ago, Lights Out said:

Wouldn't it make a lot more sense to name these trophies after players who actually played for any of the teams in their respective divisions? I don't understand how a former Celtics, Hawks and Pistons player is supposed to relate to the Pacific Division.

Weren't enough western teams in their era. 

2 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

Suns going with THE VALLEY at home again this year.

Miami Heat behaving themselves surprisingly with White at home and black as the clash jersey, thank god for no Vice Versa.

Vice ended a year ago. And they've never worn vice in the playoffs that I remember.

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

They have that weird Vice/throwback amalgamation uniform this year, and while they’ve never worn Vice in the playoffs they wore the yellow earned’s last year and wore the white hot uniforms once so I’m just glad they’re not bending any further. 

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience