2021-22 NBA Changes

On 4/16/2022 at 10:59 PM, Froob said:

T Wolves need to scrap their current set for a new one built around the cities, way way better

Many things would be better than their current lifeless primaries. The green fir trees (trim) had become such an iconic and unique thing of theirs that they ought to include them as an integral part of their uniforms and identity and stick to it. The mashup uniforms are very decent indeed, but there are lots of ways to improve on the primary set using the fir trees and green more prominently.

What's interesting, is that the green tree trim also worked best with a black jersey base, while I'm usually an opponent of the current craze of making black uniforms for the sake of it, (or for better profit, whatever).

While not feeling it very much at the time either, I'll use this also as yet another opportunity to voice that the latest brand renewal was a lateral move at best from the previous graphic package, and really not very necessary, in terms of logos, at least.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

Suns going with THE VALLEY at home again this year.

Miami Heat behaving themselves surprisingly with White at home and black as the clash jersey, thank god for no Vice Versa.

They did it for the annual “White Hot Playoffs” look. if you take a look at the crowd, most fans are clad in white. Even the mascot.

Take a look at their website:

https://www.nba.com/heat/news/the-story-behind-white-hot

2 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

They did it for the annual “White Hot Playoffs” look. if you take a look at the crowd, most fans are clad in white. Even the mascot.

Take a look at their website:

https://www.nba.com/heat/news/the-story-behind-white-hot

I’d forgotten about the Heat (ahem, sorry, HEAT) always putting the name in all caps. It’s so jarring.

ExJworW.png

11 hours ago, truepg said:

Many things would be better than their current lifeless primaries. The green fir trees (trim) had become such an iconic and unique thing of theirs that they ought to include them as an integral part of their uniforms and identity and stick to it. The mashup uniforms are very decent indeed, but there are lots of ways to improve on the primary set using the fir trees and green more prominently.

What's interesting, is that the green tree trim also worked best with a black jersey base, while I'm usually an opponent of the current craze of making black uniforms for the sake of it, (or for better profit, whatever).

While not feeling it very much at the time either, I'll use this also as yet another opportunity to voice that the latest brand renewal was a lateral move at best from the previous graphic package, and really not very necessary, in terms of logos, at least.  

I'm with you in not loving the current primaries. They are, indeed, lifeless. But I was never a fan of the KG-era unis. I never enjoyed the gimmicky typeface, and especially the way they insisted on using it with the full word Timberwolves rather than the shortened Wolves.

If anything, the current City Edition uniforms have convinced me that the look has some merit if used, like it is, with Wolves on the chest and with royal blue as the primary color. The blue on those KG-era uniforms was way too dark and character-less. 

• Applause 1

11 hours ago, truepg said:

Honestly, the Wolves had it right uniform-wise from 2008-2010 and every change they've made since then has been a downgrade (aside from maybe the updated 2010-2017 number font). Dropping green from their brand almost entirely was such a big mistake.

• Like 1

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

On 4/16/2022 at 11:13 PM, flyersfan said:

Yeah, some city uniforms are in team colors, but they shouldn't be allowed in the postseason imo. let the iconic moments be in the uniforms the teams decided to brand around

You mean to tell me that you didn't like Cleveland lifting the Larry O'Brien trophy in black t-shirts or the Raptors doing it in their compass jersey?

2 hours ago, VikWings said:

You mean to tell me that you didn't like Cleveland lifting the Larry O'Brien trophy in black t-shirts or the Raptors doing it in their compass jersey?

Well aware of the sarcasm in your quote, but those are great points of yes, I did not like those.

Tatum's buzzer-beater vs Brooklyn was a fantastic moment, and one that will be replayed for years to come (esp if the Celts win the series), yet they're in black... Yuck.

When we look back in 5, 10, 15 years, will we immediately identify that black as the celtics? maybe, and for some other teams' 1 year uniforms, absolutely not

• Like 2

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

7 hours ago, sayahh said:

Anyone know anything about the Kyrie LA snake cap?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ky5uTEba0Y8

https://www.fromapenny.com/products/24k-long-live-cap

10 hours ago, flyersfan said:

Tatum's buzzer-beater vs Brooklyn was a fantastic moment, and one that will be replayed for years to come (esp if the Celts win the series), yet they're in black... Yuck.

It wasn't good especially that Nets is a black team in this matchup. Celtics shouldn't use black against Brooklyn at all.

• Like 2

4r2eer.png

21 hours ago, flyersfan said:

Well aware of the sarcasm in your quote, but those are great points of yes, I did not like those.

When we look back in 5, 10, 15 years, will we immediately identify that black as the celtics? maybe, and for some other teams' 1 year uniforms, absolutely not

Funny you said that about the Celtics, because that game was on during Easter dinner Sunday and a family member looked at the TV and said "when did the Celtics get new uniforms?" It had to be explained that it's an alternate.

I don't mind if the Third/Alternate (refuse to call them 'Statement') are worn in the playoffs, like if it's say a team like the Sixers, where it fits the brand, but not when you're the Celtics and yours is BFBS. And the City and even more stupid Earned uniforms should never see the light of day in the playoffs for any team.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, pelicanfan said:

watching the suns play in their city jerseys on their city edition court just never gets old. it's so pleasing to the eyes. i really wish they could go with these full time they're clearly a hit. a white version would look so gorgeous 

4-F1-C1895-2389-4-D70-A6-FF-C947-E9-BFD9

#ShamelessPlug

• Like 4
  • Love 7

On 4/18/2022 at 6:06 AM, truepg said:

The uniforms are generic as can be, and their main shade of blue looks lifeless compared to the slate from before. The bright green is pretty cool but not really suited to a team whose identity is built around forests. Plus, the bright green and the medium blue are both dwarfed in usage by the Seahawks-looking navy. 

I also miss, as you mentioned, the tree trim. Furthermore, I miss the Goosebumps-esque font. Their current look isn’t terrible, just bland. 

• Like 2