2021-22 NBA Changes

On 2/26/2022 at 2:03 PM, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Red wouldn’t work with the side panels.

spacer.png

I know a lot of people on this board view the city edition uniforms as a brand killer or an overkill but some teams just do it so right. I dont think the sixers have had one bad city uniform. This right here is absolutely gorgeous.

• Like 8

50 minutes ago, ltjets21 said:

I know a lot of people on this board view the city edition uniforms as a brand killer or an overkill but some teams just do it so right. I dont think the sixers have had one bad city uniform. This right here is absolutely gorgeous.

Last years was pretty bad looking like an ugly Christmas sweater but BFBS

• Like 4

9 hours ago, dont care said:

Last years was pretty bad looking like an ugly Christmas sweater but BFBS

I kind of liked those, at this point BFBS is what it is but those houses on the schuylkill river are pretty iconic to philly.

• Like 2
  • Yawn 1

1 hour ago, ltjets21 said:

I kind of liked those, at this point BFBS is what it is but those houses on the schuylkill river are pretty iconic to philly.

Still looked like a 3rd grader designed it. Yea the IDEA wasn't bad, but the execution sucked (Especially with Philadelphia on the bottom and number on top)

• Like 3

On 2/22/2022 at 9:42 PM, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

The Nuggets switched twice in two years:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Eh, the powder blue was such a better look for Denver than the current bleak overuse of navy. I wish they based their current look on the royal blue and maroon colors more.

• Like 13

On 3/3/2022 at 11:51 PM, ltjets21 said:

On 3/4/2022 at 11:28 AM, EddieJ1984 said:

Still looked like a 3rd grader designed it. Yea the IDEA wasn't bad, but the execution sucked (Especially with Philadelphia on the bottom and number on top)

Yeah.  The sixers have had almost all hits (and some grand slams) but last year's was definitely a miss.  Agreed that it was a great concept, but executed really poorly (not that I have any better ideas for how they could have done it.)  Maybe they should have tabled it until they figured it out.

Their City and Earned have, for the most part, been fantastic and among the tops in the league (though others, like Utah's, have also been fantastic.)

As you can see here, in my opinion, the ratio is very much in their favor.  I wear very little team sports wear, but I do own a hoodie or shirt in a few of the Sixers designs (including the broken-snake design, which someone mistook for some kind of Patriot/MAGA symbol and asked me about my gun collection, lol.)

Hits: 

****.5  stars

creamphila.jpg 

****.5 stars

rocky.jpg  

****.5 stars

whiterocky.jpg

*** stars

creamfull.jpg

******* stars   jersey-history-city-21.jpg

Misses:  

* star

libertybell.jpg

*.5 star

boathouse.jpg

• Like 8
  • Yawn 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

28 minutes ago, PurpleRain said:

Just noticed that all of the Grizzlies social media graphics have been teal all season. And apparently they use teal for in arena graphics too. Wonder if they're teasing a full-time return to the old colors.

The big leak from a couple weeks ago showed a new light blue and navy Statement  uni for Memphis. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, M4One said:

Grizzlies vs Thunder had both teams ready for the tip off wearing their white uniforms.  Grizzlies then changed into their blue uniforms.  I say they should have let them play on with both wearing white.  

This is what happens when you don't stick with white at home. 😂

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
  • WOAH 1

7 hours ago, M4One said:

Grizzlies vs Thunder had both teams ready for the tip off wearing their white uniforms.  Grizzlies then changed into their blue uniforms.  I say they should have let them play on with both wearing white.  

This has got to be like the 4th year in a row they let two teams get on the floor basically wearing the same color.

The NBA uniform system is not working. Too many options from night to night. Too many chances to make mistakes and not enough effort is being put into enforcing the match ups. It makes everyone involved look sloppy and absent minded.

• Like 7

How do you get to the point of tip off and not realize both teams are wearing white. I get that they wear warmups but they usually take them off at or right before lineups are announced. Then In shoot around. Typically a few players don’t wear the pants so you see what shorts their wearing. This is a complete circus.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

6 hours ago, dont care said:

How do you get to the point of tip off and not realize both teams are wearing white. I get that they wear warmups but they usually take them off at or right before lineups are announced. Then In shoot around. Typically a few players don’t wear the pants so you see what shorts their wearing. This is a complete circus.

Totally agree and it  has been  for years now.

GIF performers circus flip - animated GIF on GIFER

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

6 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

Cavs vs. Clippers looked GORGEOUS tonight, my favorite city jersey matchup I can think of off the top of my head. 

The Cavs' City ended up on the better side after feeling like one of the most uninspired on release.

• Like 1

Thought it was odd that the Cavs wore their city edition last night, but didn’t use the corresponding court. They are wearing the city set again on Wednesday, but then have 3 more home games in next 5 days where they are wearing other uniforms. Wonder if they just didn’t want to swap courts during a homestand.

EDIT: Update! The Cavs’ city court is done for the year because of…water damage???

• WOAH 1