2021-2022 International Club Soccer Kits

MJWalker45

Liverpool away is the current leader for me, that color scheme is beautiful and distinctive and feels Liverpooly but fresh at the same time. 

(That’s a fortunate difference between their away and Arsenal; both feel like a slightly weird color scheme for its own sake, but in Arsenal’s case it does bring the kit down.)

Meanwhile Man Utd is going too basic. Feels teamwear to me.

16 minutes ago, Digby said:

Liverpool away is the current leader for me, that color scheme is beautiful and distinctive and feels Liverpooly but fresh at the same time. 

(That’s a fortunate difference between their away and Arsenal; both feel like a slightly weird color scheme for its own sake, but in Arsenal’s case it does bring the kit down.)

Meanwhile Man Utd is going too basic. Feels teamwear to me.

New Manchester United 21/22 Home Kit

There's a slight pattern on these jerseys. The most annoying bit is that these simply look like a recolored NYCFC uniform, minus the logos inside the striping patterns. 

New York City FC 2021 Home Kit Released - Footy Headlines

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

19 hours ago, officeglenn said:

Here's an interesting one: Serie A bans clubs from wearing predominantly green kits, starting in 2022-23

Apparently they're worried about outfield players blending in with the grass, mostly on TV.

It's a fair concern.

I like to call the Sounders' all green road set their camo kit:

x720.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

On 7/14/2021 at 1:50 AM, TampaBayRays1fan said:

Liverpool Away  21/22

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'L.F.C. Exp standard chartered'

Gorgeous kit. Good enough to tempt me to buy it during the season they wear it (I usually try and wait until after the season to get good deals). Glad we get a good looking change kit after that abomination of a home kit. 

spacer.png

6 hours ago, TampaBayRays1fan said:

Arsenal kit 21/22Image

Looks better on a person than it does lying flat, but would look better still without the Ajax side panels.

(and yes, I know they're a reference to a 1990s Arsenal kit with white sides, but that looked like Ajax too)

On 7/15/2021 at 8:31 PM, officeglenn said:

Here's an interesting one: Serie A bans clubs from wearing predominantly green kits, starting in 2022-23

Apparently they're worried about outfield players blending in with the grass, mostly on TV.

Apparently it only applies to change kits. If a club has green as part of its traditional colours - Sassuolo for example - it's exempted from this ruling.

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Looks better on a person than it does lying flat, but would look better still without the Ajax side panels.

(and yes, I know they're a reference to a 1990s Arsenal kit with white sides, but that looked like Ajax too)

Yeah, even though the side panels are a reference to ‘98-00, they’re still the worst part of the shirt and IMO the only thing dragging it down a bit. That said, the full kit looks fantastic with the hooped socks:

spacer.png

• Like 3

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Yeah, even though the side panels are a reference to ‘98-00, they’re still the worst part of the shirt and IMO the only thing dragging it down a bit. That said, the full kit looks fantastic with the hooped socks:

spacer.png

The hooped socks are amazing. 

Honestly, the whole thing is amazing except for the white Ajax panels. 

• Like 2

On 7/16/2021 at 9:19 PM, Bruhammydude said:

As a guy who doesn't watch soccer but watches American football, I've never had trouble with a green uniform on grass before

I understand that there are people that have conflicts seeing red and green together due to certain types of color blindness, but tossing out that color altogether seems like an overreaction. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

13 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I understand that there are people that have conflicts seeing red and green together due to certain types of color blindness, but tossing out that color altogether seems like an overreaction. 

La Gazzetto dello Sport is reporting the new rule won't apply to home kits, only away and third kits. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

1 minute ago, officeglenn said:

La Gazzetto dello Sport is reporting the new rule won't apply to home kits, only away and third kits. 🤷‍♂️

That still ruins things for teams that traditionally have change kits in green, but that's not as bad as forcing teams to change their home look. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Latest roundup for the mothership includes:

• 🇮🇹  Atalanta BC home, away and third
  • 🇮🇹  UC Sampdoria home
  • 🇮🇹  US Sassuolo away 
  • 🇮🇹  Hellas Verona away
  • 🇩🇪  Mainz 05 home
  • 🇪🇸  Rayo Vallecano home, away and third
  • 🇫🇷  Montpellier home, away and third
  • 🇫🇷  Lorient home and away