College Football 2021 - Logos & Uniforms

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Lights Out said:

And here it is officially:

They also took the liberty of updating the old-school logo with thicker outlines and streamlined shading:

While I think their current logo is perfectly fine, if they ever want to change it, this is what they should change it to.

I think the throwback logo is fine, but it would look better on the blue shell. The orange helmet sort of washes out the orange bronco and the blue helmets are more on-brand than either orange or white iterations . Either way, I sincerely hope they put the logo on both sides of the helmet and drop the asymmetrical logo/numbers split on the helmets.  

Week 5 Uniforms: 

BYU: I hate that chrome facemask, otherwise this is a nice looking uniform

spacer.png

Utah State Aggies: Not a fan of the blackout

spacer.png

Georgia - Like they would were anything else: 

spacer.png

Virginia: lose the gray facemask already

spacer.png

Cincinnati Bearcats: 

spacer.png

South Florida Bulls: 

spacer.png

Iowa State: spacer.png

spacer.png

Oregon State is going black/orange/orange this week against UW:

There were some rumblings about 2000 Fiesta Bowl throwbacks being worn this weekend (throwback jerseys were spotted for sale on campus a while back), but it sounds like that’ll be later in the season. 

Edit- The throwback jerseys are now up for sale on Nike.com. Definitely seems like they’ll be worn soon:

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Stanford is breaking out Jim Plunkett-era throwbacks on Saturday against the Ducks:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Here’s what the original looked like:

spacer.png

The “S” logo seems a bit thinner than the original, but they got the scale about right on the helmets. Big fan of the gray masks and white sleeve cuffs. The jerseys are catalog versions of the Vapor Untouchable template, which makes the numbers a bit smaller and scrawnier than they should be, but that’s not a huge deal. The biggest flaw with these is the pant stripe, which is about twice as fat as it should be.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

21 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Oregon State is going black/orange/orange this week against UW:

There were some rumblings about 2000 Fiesta Bowl throwbacks being worn this weekend (throwback jerseys were spotted for sale on campus a while back), but it sounds like that’ll be later in the season. 

Edit- The throwback jerseys are now up for sale on Nike.com. Definitely seems like they’ll be worn soon:

spacer.png

Those are going to be BIG SEXY when they debut. I bleed green and yellow but I can appreciate a solid throwback. Good for the Beavs.

41 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Stanford is breaking out Jim Plunkett-era throwbacks on Saturday against the Ducks:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

The “S” logo seems a bit thinner than the original, but they got the scale about right on the helmets. Big fan of the gray masks and white sleeve cuffs. The jerseys are catalog versions of the Vapor Untouchable template, which makes the numbers a bit smaller and scrawnier than they should be, but that’s not a huge deal. The biggest flaw with these is the pant stripe, which is about twice as fat as it should be.

The numbers probably won't have the diagonal inner corners on the terminals of the 6 and 9 either. Plunkett and his linemen seem to be wearing the same variant that the Yankees and Tigers still use:

spacer.png

Overall I like these throwbacks though. Certainly more interesting than their regular uniforms.

spacer.png

55 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Idk why but I love this

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Stanford could use the thick red stripe on their current pants and it would still look fantastic. Better than basic white. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Update on Miami, it looks like they pulled out last year’s jersey so they have block font to complete the “throwback” look with gray masks. I say last year cause it has the distorted U on the collar (which definitely wasn’t there for schnellenberger)

KISSwall09.jpg

21 minutes ago, GoGreenGoWhite said:

Anyone else love Virginia's uniform set? It's a unique look, it's not too busy, it's cohesive, and it isn't chasing trends. I'd say it's one of the best sets in college ball currently.

They're okay, but a bit boring. Having numbers instead of logos on the helmets is odd, I don't think it really works for them.

Still better than their current basketball uniforms, which are as dull as dishwater.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

The Ducks are going white/white/green at Stanford:

spacer.png
I was fully expecting G/W/G, but I’m not mad at all to see the white helmets again. This combo has only previously been worn in the 2014 season opener, and that version had silver wings on the helmets. All in all a fantastic combo, and should be a good looking game against the Cardinal.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived