2021 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVI

canzman

10 minutes ago, pagan696 said:

Has PIT had the black stripe yellow pants all season (or longer)?  Those were awful. 

You mean the Steelers?  They've had them continuously since the late 60s, so around 55 years.

EDIT: according to the GUD, they had versions of them as far back as the '30s, but with breaks in between.  https://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GUD/controller/controller.php?action=teams&team_id=PIT

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And it looks great.

Seriously, all of you complained they didn't have yellow pants and now they do and you're still bitching.

The Rams modernized their uniform but kept the core elements. How is this still a problem?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

If the Rams always looked like this, it's probably a top 20 look in the NFL. Not great, but not bad enough that we're all calling for changes year after year. 

Cardinals vs. Rams game thread: “Sell” both teams in the playoffs - Niners  Nation

Week 1 photos: Los Angeles Rams 34, Chicago Bears 14 - Chicago Tribune

I think we could all get used to the gradient numbers and split horns with time and accept it as a modern, LA 2.0 look. Make the yellow a little bit redder and keep only these two combos and they're doing alright. 

Honestly, the bone uniform is the only one I have a problem with. When the Rams stick with blue over yellow and the new white over yellow, they look great! I can even tolerate the occasional blue pants once in a while. They look like space clowns in the bone uniforms, though, and that’s where they go wrong.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

4 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

Took out the LAR patch, shifted the yellow, and made the numbers single colored.

yhViEyz.png

b6nUeBe.png

Either one of these works for me. Having a hard time telling if that's too orange on my monitor. 

Too mustardy for me. Bright yellow works better with that blue.

56 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

If the Rams always looked like this, it's probably a top 20 look in the NFL. Not great, but not bad enough that we're all calling for changes year after year. 

Cardinals vs. Rams game thread: “Sell” both teams in the playoffs - Niners  Nation

Week 1 photos: Los Angeles Rams 34, Chicago Bears 14 - Chicago Tribune

I think we could all get used to the gradient numbers and split horns with time and accept it as a modern, LA 2.0 look. Make the yellow a little bit redder and keep only these two combos and they're doing alright. 

Bold 1 - nope. Not a chance

Bold 2 - maybe. It strikes me as change for the sake of change.

It's where I sit.

To say nothing about the rest of the problems that the set has, I’ve really come to hate the shades of blue and yellow that the Rams went with. Both are too bright IMO, and I especially hate how the shade of blue looks on those helmets. I think I could tolerate it a little more if the helmets were more of a satin finish, but the candy finish in that shade of blue just looks incredibly cheap. I don’t mind the yellow on its own, but it’s definitely too bright to compliment that blue. Why they felt like they needed to change the shades at all is beyond me when they were pretty much perfect on the throwbacks.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

7 hours ago, Crabcake said:

Every time I turn on a Rams game, I think, “those jerseys really aren’t that bad. I don’t know what all the hate is about.” Then I keep watching and get more and more frustrated with every baffling detail I start noticing. The gradient numbers. The weird clothing tag with the visible yellow stitch only on the top seam. The shade of yellow that needs to be way more gold-like if they don’t want to look like Best Buy or IKEA employees. A few tweaks and we’d have a legitimately good update of the classic LA Rams jerseys. 

Funny enough, I worked at bestbuy 15 or so years ago. I worked ap and our shirts were of similar shade to the Rams classic gold color. It created a mismatch with the stitched logo that is of course the yellow Nike has forced  athletic gold teams to change to. (Not sure why)

Archived