2021 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVI

canzman

On 1/22/2022 at 10:46 PM, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

I came across a concept that modernized the logo, but kept it recognizable.

spacer.png

I didn’t like the uniforms, but if you want to see the full concept, here it is: http://www.joshleguern.com/49ers-rebrand

Chiefs need to do something similar with their logo. Their helmets & the rest of their uniforms look like they mixed & matched two different teams. Get rid of all the black in the logo, add some yellow, and ideally add a helmet stripe.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, nuordr said:

Let's hope the NFL gives them an exception and allows them to wear the modern throwback: 

spacer.png

spacer.png

If not, then I believe you'll see this: 

spacer.png

spacer.png

I'd assume the Bengals would wear orange socks if they make it. Same combo they wore in the AFC Wild Card game vs Las Vegas. 

2 hours ago, nuordr said:

Let's hope the NFL gives them an exception and allows them to wear the modern throwback: 

spacer.png

spacer.png

If not, then I believe you'll see this: 

spacer.png

spacer.png

If LA is granted permission, I wouldn’t be surprised at all if we ended up with modern throwback jersey and blue pants-socks for the super bowl

spacer.png

On 1/22/2022 at 10:46 PM, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

I came across a concept that modernized the logo, but kept it recognizable.

spacer.png

I didn’t like the uniforms, but if you want to see the full concept, here it is: http://www.joshleguern.com/49ers-rebrand

All the 49ers need to do is to pair their 94 throwbacks with their gold pants and red socks and that’s it. 

zyyMk1d.png

3 hours ago, GriffinM6 said:

I'm assuming the AFC is the home team this year? Who's to say that either the Bengals or Chiefs don't elect to wear white? I'm just hoping that's the case if the Rams win, then they can wear blue over yellow. 

I feel like the Chiefs would stick with red jerseys especially if they play the 49ers. Bengals have a chance of choosing white but I would guess they would just wear black jerseys and white pants with orange socks like the wild card round.

5 hours ago, nuordr said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

I’d be willing to bet that if the Rams win Sunday, the NFL will let them wear this. Teams have the ability to designate their primary and clash uniforms for a postseason. Seeing as the Rams have only worn their Royal jerseys, they still have the option to designate their clash uniform as either their bone or modern throwback (which will be paired with their yellow pants; of that I’m sure)

We’ve seen this done in the postseason before too, so there is a prior precedent for this. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

20 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

I’d be willing to bet that if the Rams win Sunday, the NFL will let them wear this. Teams have the ability to designate their primary and clash uniforms for a postseason. Seeing as the Rams have only worn their Royal jerseys, they still have the option to designate their clash uniform as either their bone or modern throwback (which will be paired with their yellow pants; of that I’m sure)

We’ve seen this done in the postseason before too, so there is a prior precedent for this. 

They would have had to submit a waiver before the postseason AND get it approved. We would have heard if it was done already.

20 hours ago, AgentColon2 said:

Of the potential Super Bowl matchups here’s my top to bottom.

Bengals vs Rams

Chiefs vs Rams

Bengals vs Niners

Chiefs vs Niners

You're only saying this because we just had the very same Chiefs (red) vs. 49ers (white) match-up two seasons ago. Or you need glasses.

6uXNWAo.png

On 1/23/2022 at 12:08 PM, MJD7 said:

Part of the problem for the Rams honestly might be the artificial light of SoFi Stadium. Their colors look really good in the outdoor sunlight of Raymond James.

"artificial light" ... what are you on about?

The light inside of SoFi stadium is NATURAL, there's nothing artificial about it.  SoFi has a canopy over the stadium which is made of translucent glass which allows all natural light into the stadium.  The reason behind that is because it was constructed that way due to the airplane landing just above and the engine noise.  That is along the landing path for LAX as the Airport is very close, the reason why around half the stadium was build below ground level like Orchard Park-NY...  

The roof is not enclosed, it only has panels at both end which can be opened or closed which allows fresh air in.  When the Rams or Chargers play there that is all natural sunlight, there's nothing artificial coming in there during day games.

Should the Chargers somehow leave and go back to SD which can only happen if the Spanos' sell them and new ownership puts together a stadium deal down there, I then foresee the RAMS switching to natural grass surface which would go great with the natural lighting. 

1 hour ago, ARTnSocal said:

"artificial light" ... what are you on about?

I am aware that SoFi has translucent glass to allow natural light into the stadium, just like the Vikings do.

I guess I should have clarified that most of the time I see the Rams play in SoFi, it’s at night, which obviously necessitates artificial light.

My comment was more so intended to simply point out that the Rams yellow looked more “gold” than it normally does, for whatever reason.

4 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

Off the top of my head I don’t recall this happening, when was this?

I remember the Panthers wore the light blue jersey in the Playoffs once.

The NFL isn't going to let teams wear an alternate uniform in the Super Bowl. The only thing that can be done is wearing different pants. The 49ers tried to wear the Color Rush throwback a few years ago and were denied, theres no chance the Rams would get the green light if they made it or the 49ers for that matter.

bSLCtu2.png

50 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

I have no idea what you're talking about, just cross-checked GUD with Panthers playoff seasons and they have never worn blue in the playoffs.

the user formerly known as cdclt

2 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

The NFL isn't going to let teams wear an alternate uniform in the Super Bowl. The only thing that can be done is wearing different pants. The 49ers tried to wear the Color Rush throwback a few years ago and were denied, theres no chance the Rams would get the green light if they made it or the 49ers for that matter.

1 hour ago, QCS said:

I have no idea what you're talking about, just cross-checked GUD with Panthers playoff seasons and they have never worn blue in the playoffs.

They didn’t, I know the chargers did, but at the same time they submitted a waiver to do so, and they had to get it approved before the playoffs. We would have known about the waiver for the rams by now if they did submit one.

3 hours ago, QCS said:

I could also swear they wore blue for a playoff game.  I also checked GUD and don't see it, but unless it's Mandela effect, I remember it happening.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived