Logos that look bad, but feel right

The striped Bullets jerseys from the '70s were noteworthy, but the very last set before they had to change their name was boring. They looked every bit of a moribund organization.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m waiting for someone to post the old Miami Dolphins logo. I didn’t post because I prefer the new one. 

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

"My" AJHL (Alberta Jr. A hockey) team is the Drumheller Dragons.

What are the two major things you think of when you think of (Western interpretations of) dragons? Wings and fire-breathing.

What appendages does the Drumheller Dragons logo not have and what orifice is the fire coming out of?

l504zgauhu051cyb5echqy5bq.gif

IbjBaeE.png

In fairness, most living beings do breathe through their noses as much/moreso than their mouths.  Granted, the fact that we imagine dragons breathing fire out of their mouths is what makes this relatively  weird.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

13 hours ago, Discrim said:

In fairness, most living beings do breathe through their noses as much/moreso than their mouths.  Granted, the fact that we imagine dragons breathing fire out of their mouths is what makes this relatively  weird.

Well dragons only “breath fire” when they want to so it makes sense for it to only come out when they open their mouths. If it was through their nose they would have no control over it, or be forced to be a mouth breather which no one wants to be

• 1 month later...
On 11/6/2021 at 12:34 PM, sleuthpanther said:

I’d like to submit the Louisville Cardinal’s logo to this thread. “Snarling animal” logos (especially a damn bird) are stupid, but it just looks so good for UL

I think it works for Louisville because it's a remnant of an older anthropomorphic cartoon mascot. Yes, it's goofy to give a bird a toothy snarl, but it's a quirk from a different time.

1966:

spacer.png

1986:

spacer.png

Present:

spacer.png

spacer.png

On 10/2/2021 at 4:08 PM, dont care said:

Well dragons only “breath fire” when they want to so it makes sense for it to only come out when they open their mouths. If it was through their nose they would have no control over it, or be forced to be a mouth breather which no one wants to be

The logic of a fantasy animal. 

On 11/7/2021 at 6:12 PM, Cujo said:

nba-logo-1.jpg

This is a good take. Your dad playing rec league basketball is such a weird logo for a major sports league. That it's endured for so long is because people don't really look at it closely.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Detroit Pistons Logo Primary Logo (1996/97-2000/01) - A flaming horsehead with script on a red basketball, with teal ring SportsLogos.Net

I know this logo screams " 90s edgy tryhard" with the Flaming horse and spanking new teal color scheme but, I really like the attempt to give the Pistons logo an identity of sort rather than "generic basketball logo #90". I kinda wish Detroit would try something like this again.

Archived