Logos that look bad, but feel right

That just dropped the entire Cubs set for me, now that I’ve seen that. That’s awful. That’s like a knock-off jersey made by someone who didn’t know that it’s not supposed to be a part of the logo. 

The more I look at the logo too, there is something a little off about it. I can’t quite place my finger on it. I guess it does belong in this thread...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/22/2021 at 8:19 PM, QCS said:

3097.png

No reason this logo should be as good as it is. Black outlines, orange basketball, cartoon hornet dribbling a ball, teal and purple, massive arched text, and yet it all works so well together.

The NBA was the only league where the kitsch changes in design and aesthetic in the 90s worked

• 1 month later...

spacer.png

I can never unsee that it isn't symmetrical, but it still feels right for Da Bears.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

44 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

spacer.png

I can never unsee that it isn't symmetrical, but it still feels right for Da Bears.

If they ever corrected it, it would immediately feel like a wrong-colored Reds wishbone-C.  It just works, somehow. 

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

On 6/17/2021 at 12:44 AM, Unocal said:

spacer.png

They should have kept the A and the 3 feathers/claw marks/wings, not even sure what it's supposed to represent. The mascot makes the logo look a little dated but they didn't have to scrap everything to go with such a generic logo that doesn't even look like a sports logo and navy and red is just so overdone. They could have kept the jerseys too, just ditch the side panels. Such an unnecessary rebrand. Kinda like the Jaguars, they went from too busy to way too plain. They over-corrected a great look that only needed a few tweaks

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2021 at 8:45 PM, DNAsports said:

spacer.png

Both are absolutely crap clip-art, but this is one of those “you’re gonna miss it when it’s gone” moments

I miss this logo in the old colors...though probably due to nostalgia somewhat. I like the crescent, I like the W/beard idea, if not executed perfectly. 

New Era produced a quasi-RR line in the last few weeks, and the colors still look good even in the modern logo. If this wasn't a high crown, I'd have bought it.

Washington Wizards Color Originals 59FIFTY Fitted | Washington Wizards Hats | New Era Cap

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/30/2021 at 8:35 AM, WSU151 said:

I miss this logo in the old colors...though probably due to nostalgia somewhat. I like the crescent, I like the W/beard idea, if not executed perfectly. 

New Era produced a quasi-RR line in the last few weeks, and the colors still look good even in the modern logo. If this wasn't a high crown, I'd have bought it.

Washington Wizards Color Originals 59FIFTY Fitted | Washington Wizards Hats | New Era Cap

I mean, the Blue and Gold era was the most interesting the team has EVER looked. The new look is typical DC RWB and dull (even despite the unique stripes) and despite what the traditionalist crowd says the Bullets identity wasn't interesting either

Archived