Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 7:17 PM, the admiral said:

Conversely, you probably can't get good paczki in New Orleans, either!

Went with my eldest daughter to see "Fantastic Beasts" the other night.  The muggle/"no-maj" supporting character was a Polish baker; he carried a sample case with him and when trying to get a loan was trying to get the loan officer to try one of his paczkis-- "his grandmother's recipe... made with orange zest".

mmmmmm....

It is what it is.

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

e64ffaa7-9130-44de-967d-ed9fa24d2cb9-lar

I love the secondary logo with the baseball-spider.  

Okay, this is a great look. These colours are what the Manitoba  Moose should be  wearing if they really wanted to stick with the double blue.

Also, I hope that baseball-spider is on a hat.

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

29 minutes ago, KittSmith_95 said:

Okay, this is a great look. These colours are what the Manitoba  Moose should be  wearing if they really wanted to stick with the double blue.

Also, I hope that baseball-spider is on a hat.

Structured or unstructured?  Take your pick.  

https://squareup.com/store/fond-du-lac-baseball-club/item/spider-unstructured-hat-navy-pre-order-items-to-be-shipped-in-mid-december?square_lead=item_embed

• Like 1

After SO many lame, cliched logo unveilings this offseason...Brandiose finally puts out a good, solid, not-too-gimmicky set, reminding us why Plan B Branding was our favorite design team.

Can't wait to see the Spiders play my Kingfish this season!

bYhYmxh.png

17 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

If i can get it shipped here, I may  buy one. That has been my issue. Most MiLB stuff wont ship to Canada for reasons I do not understand,  otherwise I'd  own at least 6 MiLB  hats.

35 minutes ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

I mean "Dock Spiders" isn't a terrible name by any means, but the full name is Fond Du Lac Dock Spiders? That's FIVE syllables!

Um, that's six syllables.  It's also one syllable fewer than "Arizona Diamondbacks".

6 hours ago, BigEd76 said:

Throwing the Lehigh Valley 10th anniversary updates from the home page here

http://news.sportslogos.net/2016/11/21/ironpigs-majestic-unveil-first-ever-reflective-baseball-jersey/

Gimmick aside, the colors look fantastic.

• Like 4

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

2 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

If i can get it shipped here, I may  buy one. That has been my issue. Most MiLB stuff wont ship to Canada for reasons I do not understand,  otherwise I'd  own at least 6 MiLB  hats.

Cause their US prices are not inflated and they fear that we find out that we're getting screwed by Canadian retailers?

1 minute ago, jp1409 said:

Cause their US prices are not inflated and they fear that we find out that we're getting screwed by Canadian retailers?

Nope, its because of credit card fraud according to MiLB's website. 

http://www.milbstore.com/customer_service.cfm?suppress_hdr=y&mode=ans&faq_id=16769&store_id=1

That's  what frustrates  me. I enjoy unique hats  and logos, why shouldn't  I, a Canadian citizen in which a MLB team plays close by be able to buy MiLB  gear? I like wearing hats and people asking  me about them. But it feels like every Lids store out here sells the same bullcrap.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

No, I mean the words are broken up. FondDuLacDockSpiders5. That's five. SanFrancisco49ershas three. Do you see what I mean?

Sorry, I'm not good at this... (And I did great in English classes!) :P

Salt Lake City Golden Eagles

Have at it.

7 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

No, I mean the words are broken up. FondDuLacDockSpiders5. That's five. SanFrancisco49ershas three. Do you see what I mean?

Sorry, I'm not good at this... (And I did great in English classes!) :P

If you're counting words rather than syllables, nothing is worse than "New York / New Jersey MetroStars", which was technically five words but which felt like six, on account of the fact that the nonexistent word "MetroStars" strikes a normal person as two words.

Anyway, this Fond du Lac name is indeed too long.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Is this where to bring up the Iron Pigs using a reflective material on their jerseys? I feel like this is misleading. I'm a Marlins fan and I'm pretty sure the Marlins black alternate jersey has a reflective material on the numbers on the back. Look at the differences between #'s 73 and #1... the 1 is brighter because the player moved and the light caught the number more than on the 73. Isn't this basically the same thing? I'm sure other teams jerseys can do the same.

Image result for miami marlins 2016 pitchers

After realizing that the Dock Spider is an actual thing, I'm fine with the name and logos (for the most part). It's not as refined as it can be, and I can do without the "DS" in the water (as if seeing a spider on a dock above water isn't enough to give you the idea), but it's not as contrived a name (*ahem* Rumble Ponies, Baby Cakes, etc.) as it first lets on.

• Like 1