Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

I saw an earlier post announcing the team name but I hadn't seen the logos etc. for the Buies Creek Astros.  Buies Creek, NC will be the temporary home for the former High-A Bakersfield, CA franchise that folded and was transferred from the California League to the Carolina League while a new stadium is built in Fayetteville, NC. I would imagine a military-themed rebrand will be in the offing once they move to the new facility Fayetteville in 2019 given the proximity to Fort Bragg. 

. ShowImage?id=4048&t=636150732905930000

• Like 1

It's refreshing to see a studio create a well crafted original identity without having to settle on a 'mascot swinging a bat logo'. It's almost as if Simon Studios created this identity and its mascot logos as pitchers just to drop the mic at Brandiose's feet.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Bradbury said:

Memphis absolutely nailed it. Literally the only critique I have is that gorgeous "Redbirds" script, with the feathery detail on the 's' tail, is only featured in the primary logo. That beaut deserves to be on the front of a jersey by itself.

I feel like they are trying to emphasize the "authentically Memphis" image by putting Memphis on the home jersey.  Hope the rebrand helps with attendance.  As a former Memphian now in St. Louis, I didn't realize how much I'd miss the Redbirds until I moved.  

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

59 minutes ago, DaytonBlue said:

I feel like they are trying to emphasize the "authentically Memphis" image by putting Memphis on the home jersey.

That might work just a little better if they didn't have a huge St. Louis logo on the sleeve, the only blotch on an otherwise sterling set. 

7 hours ago, DaytonBlue said:

I feel like they are trying to emphasize the "authentically Memphis" image by putting Memphis on the home jersey.  Hope the rebrand helps with attendance.  As a former Memphian now in St. Louis, I didn't realize how much I'd miss the Redbirds until I moved.  

6 hours ago, Gothamite said:

That might work just a little better if they didn't have a huge St. Louis logo on the sleeve, the only blotch on an otherwise sterling set. 

That and if all of their prior home jerseys didn't say "Memphis" on the front. I recognize that consistency, but that "Redbirds" mark is just too good to ignore.

• Like 1

On January 21, 2017 at 0:11 AM, Bmac said:

His Twitter account and website are shut down so I'm guessing so. Not good.

His personal Twitter is still up, but yeah, I'm guessing we've seen the last of the ColorWerx side of things.

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Damn. What a great rebrand for the Memphis Redbirds! I love the jukebox neon look and font. Brilliant.

As a native Nashvillian, I hate seeing Memphis with musical notes on their hat. That should be reserved for the Sounds. The road cap is a  great hat and I'll be tempted to buy one.

Simon Studio has done a great job here. I believe they also did the great branding for the Daytona Tortugas. If I were a minor leauge club, I'd definitely go with Simon over Brandiose.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

I don't get it, what was Donovan doing that was improper or illegal?

I'm guessing that posting high-quality, color-corrected versions of team logos was considered to be aiding counterfeiters.  Chris has been on the receiving end of C&D letters and the graphics on this site aren't as large as the ones Donovan posted. 

Some teams also consider their Pantones to be proprietary information they don't want shared, but I don't know if that also would have been enough. 

• Like 2