Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

38 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

The top right logo holding the three bats, what is he holding in his other arm?

I'm starting a petition to rename the team the New Orleans Baby Arms. 

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

12 minutes ago, jstogasterisk said:

It's a ladder with a small bench seat attached for children to sit on during Mardi Gras parades. The wheels are for mobility. Hope it helps!

Huh I didn't know that was a thing. That's kind of a cool touch then.

mardi_gras_latters_nolagirl_5042.jpg

I did see the ladder part but was thrown off by the wheels on the top of the thing but it appears to be for rolling it like a wheelbarrow.

• Like 1

IbjBaeE.png

I think Brandiose went to the well one too many times. The Jumbo Shrimp and Rumble Ponies were just more of the same thing they've been doing for years, but this? This feels like them trying to see how far they can go, how many of their tricks they can throw at one team, and I think they finally went too far. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

14 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

I think Brandiose went to the well one too many times. The Jumbo Shrimp and Rumble Ponies were just more of the same thing they've been doing for years, but this? This feels like them trying to see how far they can go, how many of their tricks they can throw at one team, and I think they finally went too far. 

Still waiting for the Brooklyn Cyclones to be renamed the Brooklyn Hamiltons based on the play and then we'll finally hit the breaking point from Brandoise

• Like 1

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Anyways, it looks like they photoshopped the crown on all 4 logos (and flipping/rotating as needed), the two smiling baby face components also look eerily similar, and of course you have to have a triangular smirk (How does a baby already have a full set of chompers?) and mascot swinging a bat #becauseBrandiose.

To be fair, the font for the wordmark is good, and there's at least some charm to having a baby mascot (and one with a big smile), but the lengths to which the team management and Brandiose went to make it happen is too much.

By the way, wasn't there supposed to be a vote on the team name? What ever happened to that? Or did ownership decide, "Screw it, we'll go with Baby Cakes'?"

And the Pelicans throwbacks are pretty awesome (especially the Black/Yellow one). Maybe someone should've been willing to throw enough money at Tom Benson to just go with that.

Edited by DustDevil61
Wordage, Pelicans throwbacks

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Baby Cakes had to have been chosen because they could not likely trademark King Cakes. I like the logo and surrounding marks, though I'm not sure I want a hat...except for the throwback ones, gimme!

Of the finalists, I personally was pulling for Night Owls. Honestly, I was pulling for a bait and switch and they were keeping the Zephyrs name.

But man, people are PISSED on social media (but then, everyone's miserable online!)

• Like 1
kU6ns.gif

Doesn't it feel like purple/yellow/green is a little played out for New Orleans? Speaking from experience, I love the Chicago flag as a design element for the Fire and Red Stars, but then the Bulls slapped it on every available space and the Hawks crammed it into their Stadium Series jerseys and, woof, enough.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

7 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

Doesn't it feel like purple/yellow/green is a little played out for New Orleans? Speaking from experience, I love the Chicago flag as a design element for the Fire and Red Stars, but then the Bulls slapped it on every available space and the Hawks crammed it into their Stadium Series jerseys and, woof, enough.

About as "played out" as black and gold is for Pittsburgh.

• Like 1

bYhYmxh.png

15 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

I don't mind it for the Bulls because their identity is so minimalist (really, it's just the scripts and the primary) that some civic engagement does help to flesh things out a bit, but I don't need everyone on board with it, and then again, isn't the Bulls logo itself representative of Chicago for a lot of the world?

But yeah this is completely abhorrent as usual for Brandiose, please stop redesigning baseball teams and redirect your efforts to something that does less damage to sports fans, like packaging for granola bars or something, I dunno.

• Like 2

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Never I my living in Louisiana have I heard the term Baby Cakes. I voted for Po Boys. I recommended Fly Catchers (bird native to Louisiana and a baseball centric name) and Rougarou (   “wolf man,” the monster is most commonly described as a bayou-dwelling werewolf with glowing red eyes and razor-sharp teeth. )

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again