Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

For the uninitiated, booyah is a type Belgian chicken stew. Green Bay has a strong, but often overlooked Belgiain heritage.  But given how controversial the team's move to Ashwaubenon was locally, this was a very peculiar direction for them to go in.

I suggested the name Fox River Foxes. I thought it only made sense for them to name the team regionally and pay homage to its baseball history. The logos are an upgrade, but I've had it with Brandiose's goofy, gimmicky names.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Why does it have a cricket bat?

That's an oar. Booyah is traditionally cooked in a huge pot and stirred with an oar.

3 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Why would the chicken represent itself being eaten?

The local G-League team is named after something that people in the area hunt every November.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eastfirst107 said:

Their independent team thought of that 20 years ago. Logo could use some work, but classy-looking uniforms.

Dillas2.JPG 110681-7650971Fr.jpg

That trademark is still held by Texas Professional Baseball, Inc just like the Amarillo Gold Sox trademark is now held by the City of Marysville, CA and the Yuba-Sutter Gold Sox.

• Like 1

They should have just gone with Green Bay Chickenheads, and let everyone draw their own conclusions.

• Like 1
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

9 hours ago, Wings said:

Brandiose needs to go adios like pronto when comes to milb.

What they need to do is go back to their roots when they used to be Plan B Branding.  Designs like the Clearwater Threshers...or even the Lehigh Valley Ironpigs (I mean its original and wierd, but not Booyah or Sod Poodles)

• Like 3