Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

Evansville Otters unveil refreshed brand

March 16, 2021 - 21:22 PM

Everyone who predicted that there would be two minor league baseball logos on the same day and both of them would be Otters can head straight to the cashier to collect your winnings. The Evansville Otters, who were found in 1995 and are the Frontier League’s oldest team, unveiled new

Read More...

Established 1906, just like the Washington Nationals were established in 1905.

• Like 2
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

We finally have a new name for Princeton's Appy League team...say hello to the Whistlepigs!

mlb-microsite-princeton-primary-logo.png

They were originally set to unveil the rebrand on Groundhog Day (a whistlepig is another name for a groundhog or woodchuck), but their trademark faced an objection from the Whistlepig rye whiskey company.  Thankfully, since no alcohol (nor alcohol accessories) is sold by the 'Pigs at Hunnicutt Field or anywhere else, they were able to get their brand cleared.

bYhYmxh.png

Groundhog Day: Appy League introduces Princeton WhistlePigs

March 23, 2021 - 19:48 PM

The Appalachian League unveiled the last of 10 rebrands in the revamped collegiate summer wood bat league today. The erstwhile Princeton Rays will take on the nickname WhistlePigs, a colloquial name for groundhogs, a critter that is adorable, if a bit of a pest to the West Virginia town’s residents.

Read More...

1 hour ago, MBurmy said:

We finally have a new name for Princeton's Appy League team...say hello to the Whistlepigs!

mlb-microsite-princeton-primary-logo.png

They were originally set to unveil the rebrand on Groundhog Day (a whistlepig is another name for a groundhog or woodchuck), but their trademark faced an objection from the Whistlepig rye whiskey company.  Thankfully, since no alcohol (nor alcohol accessories) is sold by the 'Pigs at Hunnicutt Field or anywhere else, they were able to get their brand cleared.

I thought the two were connected when I saw the name.

spacer.png

Last updated 5/23