Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

Because few people outside of Connecticut knew that Hardware City referred to New Britain, the place-name was eventually changed and a new logo, incorporating stylized "NB" initials, was unveiled to go with it.

5004.gif

for the life of me I never realized the cat was wearing sunglasses in this logo. I always thought it was some random raccoon-like eye shading

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ballpark Business is reporting that the Nogales Desert Ghosts of the all-but-defunct independent American West Baseball League have apparently been resurrected as the Yuma Desert Ghosts of the proposed indy Western Association of Professional Baseball. Flynnagain Productions is responsible for designing the team's new logo package.

yuma-desert-ghosts-logos-by-flynagain.jp

http://ballparkbiz.wordpress.com/2013/12/31/nogales-desert-ghosts-and-new-league-take-on-yuma/

Sure hope Flynn got the money up-front.

Beats the living blazes out of the squiggle they used last year.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Ballpark Business is reporting that the Nogales Desert Ghosts of the all-but-defunct independent American West Baseball League have apparently been resurrected as the Yuma Desert Ghosts of the proposed indy Western Association of Professional Baseball. Flynnagain Productions is responsible for designing the team's new logo package.

yuma-desert-ghosts-logos-by-flynagain.jp

http://ballparkbiz.wordpress.com/2013/12/31/nogales-desert-ghosts-and-new-league-take-on-yuma/

Another year, another proposed SW baseball league. Call me when they fold before every playing a game.

There is a lot going on with the Desert Ghosts design - wordmark, snake, skull, ball, and the circle containing YUMA. My eyes aren't sure what to focus on. Flynnagain must be doing something right since they still get clients, but to me their execution always seems somewhat sloppy/rushed. The forehead on the snake looks too forward to me as well, almost like a pig snake, but I guess for the level of ball they will be playing, it works.

EDIT: I just noticed some things that back the sloppiness thing I mentioned.

1. on the secondary, the left side tail around the ball doesn't even have a green outline.

2. green slivers within the blue outline on the wordmark (kind of a pet peeve of mine) and for some reason there are more slivers on the wordmark than primary

3. the blue square around YUMA covers part of the E in the wordmark

4. this is nit-picky - but the chin of the snake covers part of the G in GHOSTS on the wordmark

5. the seams on the ball just disappear around the shadow rather than wrap around the ball

There are a lot of weird differences in the "Desert Ghosts" text in the primary and wordmark. Look at the tops of the letters "ESE" in "Desert," the tops of all the letters in "Ghosts," and the bottom of the last S. There are also little spots of green inside the G, and between the S-T-S. :wacko:

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

047.pippinsprimary.jpg

Recently-unveiled logo for the Yakima Valley Pippins, a new team in the summer collegiate West Coast League. A Pippin is a variety of apple grown in the Yakima Valley, an agricultural region in Washington state noted for its many fruit crops.

Credit - Studio Simon Dribbble

http://dribbble.com/shots/1367435-Yakima-Valley-Pippins?list=following

• 3 weeks later...

While not minor-league, the Wilmington Sharks of the summer-collegiate Coastal Plain League have unveiled new logos and uniforms. The new brand identity was designed by Dan Simon and the team at Studio Simon.

SECONDARY MARK

post-2-0-62856600-1391785665_thumb.jpg

All I can see:

rxwh1f3b8mmf4594i8dhliwqe.gif

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17