MLB 2022 Uniform/Logo Changes

TheGiantsFan

7 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Detroit's retail shirt said "Motor City" and sports cars aren't allowed on the field of play or in the dugouts either. 

Au contraire...

spacer.png

7 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Coors Field staff used to wear these jackets in the 90s:

Rare Vintage Starter '98 All Star Game Colorado Rockies Staff Satin Jacket  Med | eBay

Essentially a 90s/2000s Milwaukee Bucks vibe...but they made it work and it screamed Coors Field.

Damn, that's a sweet jacket.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

2 hours ago, Anubis2051 said:

1998 ASG leaned on Purple and Green as well:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

Hopefully this is testing the waters for a rebrand, the green looks so much better than the black they were going with. Plus, only the A's are using green so it would be nice to add a little diversity to the color schemes in the league. 

The PED derby 🦾...every guy in that photo was juicing.

• LOL 1

1 hour ago, guest23 said:

The PED derby 🦾...every guy in that photo was juicing.

Larry Walker, Ken Griffey Jr, and Paul O’Neill were on steroids??

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Purple and green as a color scheme SCREAMS 90’s to me, which normally might be a bit of a bad thing for a team rebranding in 2022, but the Rockies are basically a team stuck in the 90’s anyway (logo and uniforms haven’t changed, have been basically irrelevant to the larger MLB discussion since they got their franchise) so I think they of all teams could pull it off. Anything to make them look more unique and less of a White Sox clone. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

spacer.png

12 minutes ago, GriffinM6 said:

Purple and green together looks great, but does anyone else always get reminded of the Hulk when those two colors are side-by-side?

I was thinking about the Hulk thing yesterday.  Looks like there isn’t much purple, so no Hulk comparisons to worry about.

• Like 2

spacer.png                                                    Chicago_White_Sox.svg

The colors work great, the license-plate motif is silly. The decal patches on the sleeve and hat drag the whole look down. The roadkill jokes will write themselves if they get blown out wearing these.

Pros:

- The jersey looks surprisingly good. 

- The hat is awesome

Cons:

- A purple belt would look better than white. 

- I can't help but think these would look better if they were white-heavy like the license plates is. 

PS: Are these first pair of green pants in MLB history? 

• Like 1

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

This is a really inventive approach to baseball uniform design. It uses the whole body as a canvas, which is really intriguing. 

I could do without the hat, though. Not that it's terrible on its own, but it doesn't seem to match the rest of the look.  This might be the first and only time where I'd advocate for an all-white hate to continue the color pattern of the full set. 

• Like 6

I like em. 

Also hilarious how the Rockies have now officially embraced green in a uniform more than they’ve ever embraced purple. 

• LOL 2

spacer.png

40 minutes ago, CardsFan79 said:

I was thinking about the Hulk thing yesterday.  Looks like there isn’t much purple, so no Hulk comparisons to worry about.

spacer.png

Were they that far off? Looking Like MLB's TATC program only missed by a year.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • WOAH 2