MLS Kits 2021

kylonian

On 6/20/2021 at 1:54 PM, tBBP said:

This is why the Chargers' mode of reveal was so refreshing.  They started down that road, but about half a sentence into it,  they were like, "Nahh....all you need to know is that we took the best...and made it better." I do remember a few infographics came out, but for the most part, that was it.

Edit: here's the link to that video...

Chargers Reveal Video

I mean in their case the LA Chargers took what had been the best in San Diego and made it worse... And they were altering a uniform that was already pretty close to the historic San Diego one it tried to represent... so yeah none of that wording would have made sense. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/22/2021 at 6:54 AM, tBBP said:

Given this hubbub about the Chicago Sk--um, Fire's new crest, and I know this is just about the most random time ever to ask this, but...has there ever been like a fun little bracket tournament around here to determine the best crest in MLS? (Ha--"best", "crest", em-el-"ess"...bars.) 

Because if not, and even if so, I'm submitting my pick for the best--or at least most "striking"--right here:

e9bccf546b7b170cb2ad9384fd8583ac.jpg

Man that thing's 🔥...try to change my mind.

Can't the loon just be by itself? Me thinks the crest doesn't sit well with me.

Minnesota might have my fave crest — modern, interesting, evocative but not derivative of soccer traditions. Everything an MLS identity should be … but the loose star makes it all weird for all the aforementioned reasons.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

spacer.png

Subject change. Why doesn’t Red Bull always put the wordmark across the game jerseys like they do on training gear (as above)? Technically that’s also duplicative of the crest just like the dueling bulls logo is…but it’s not as obvious, feels different if you don’t look too closely. I’d think that’s a win for both the corporate overlord and the design dweebs at the same time.

Is tonight the first time LAFC has worn their bone jerseys? They look sweet on the field. They'd look a lot sweeter with bone shorts.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

10 hours ago, Digby said:

spacer.png

Subject change. Why doesn’t Red Bull always put the wordmark across the game jerseys like they do on training gear (as above)? Technically that’s also duplicative of the crest just like the dueling bulls logo is…but it’s not as obvious, feels different if you don’t look too closely. I’d think that’s a win for both the corporate overlord and the design dweebs at the same time.

As a Red Bulls fan, I actually prefer the logo over the wordmark. I know the wordmark is a more traditional look, but the logo has been around long enough where it is part of our identity/tradition/uniqueness.  Plus, its a cool looking logo.

Men's Charlotte FC adidas White/Red 2021 Americana Pre-Match Top

Something that's annoying to me. They made these pre-match jerseys available for a team that's not even on the field this year, but not the team that won the league last year!?!?!? Ughh!!!! I'm guessing they probably made the Crew jerseys with the non-revised crest from earlier this year, which shouldn't be happening anyways when it's not on the official game day uniforms this year. Lot's of folks are calling these LAFC throwback jerseys or remembrance jerseys for Chivas USA. They're meant to be fauxbacks for the 1994 World Cup USA home jerseys.  Using the collar from last year's would make more sense, but it's the same template as the regular training shirts. 

1994 USA Home Shirt (Excellent) L/XL - Classic Retro Vintage Football Shirts

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Something that's annoying to me. They made these pre-match jerseys available for a team that's not even on the field this year, but not the team that won the league last year!?!?!? 

Yeah, I don't know why Columbus seemingly wasn't included. They and Nashville are missing from MLSstore.com. (Plus the 3 Canadian teams, for more obvious reasons.) Despite the logo change, Columbus was still included in the Pride jerseys last month. Meanwhile, San Jose and New England had big splash images advertising the Americana jerseys on their team store home pages, but when you click, they are nowhere to be found. 

Charlotte I can kind of understand, though. They were supposed to be playing this year before COVID hit, and if these were in production for a year or two before being released (see: info that came out with the Fire rebrand), then they'd be ready to go. So why not sell them to Charlotte fans and make a little extra money?

1 hour ago, officeglenn said:

Yeah, I don't know why Columbus seemingly wasn't included. They and Nashville are missing from MLSstore.com. (Plus the 3 Canadian teams, for more obvious reasons.) Despite the logo change, Columbus was still included in the Pride jerseys last month. Meanwhile, San Jose and New England had big splash images advertising the Americana jerseys on their team store home pages, but when you click, they are nowhere to be found. 

Charlotte I can kind of understand, though. They were supposed to be playing this year before COVID hit, and if these were in production for a year or two before being released (see: info that came out with the Fire rebrand), then they'd be ready to go. So why not sell them to Charlotte fans and make a little extra money?

FWIW, the Revs sold out their online allotment. Only available at the team store now.

patriotssignature.png

That checks out, that jersey is literally an ideal Revs away kit. Miles ahead of their real one! Play it on the pitch!

I guess that’s how this, the Parley, and all the other leaguewide special prematch tops go, though… they go through enough that eventually one will be a good fit for your team (and the rest look silly), like it’s hard to imagine a lot of these sold to NYCFC or Sounders fans? 

I really hope Austin adds more green to their kits. It's weird seeing green all around their stadium, but the players in predominantly black. I know they'll probably keep the green and black primaries as is for 2022, but could they add green shorts and or socks to the mix as an option? The next primary/home jersey needs to be predominantly green IMO.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

2 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

I really hope Austin adds more green to their kits. It's weird seeing green all around their stadium, but the players in predominantly black. I know they'll probably keep the green and black primaries as is for 2022, but could they add green shorts and or socks to the mix as an option? The next primary/home jersey needs to be predominantly green IMO.

They absolutely can, and we’ve seen it done. NYCFC used white socks as their primary in 2015 and blue in their second year. 

I like Austin’s balance on the shirt, but you’re right that the rest of the uniform is off.  I’d switch the socks to green and that would be enough. 

This is a really beautiful matchup between Columbus and New England today. Columbus in yellow -- even if only the shorts -- is always their best choice.

Lower.com field may not be as spectacular as new stadiums in Austin or Cincinnati or Minnesota, but it still looks great. Nice work Crew.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

6 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Lower.com field may not be as spectacular as new stadiums in Austin or Cincinnati or Minnesota, but it still looks great. Nice work Crew.

That field level lounge/suite reminds me of Audi Field.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Archived